Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 26 2013
By: sweetcastlemagic Wastelander 595 posts

Punishment for leaving a game before it starts?

[ Edited ]
22 replies 458 views Edited Jul 26, 2013

Okay, I'm in week 7, day 5.  I had 63 people in my clan all of which were in good health.  Let me preface by saying I NEVER quit my games.  Just a little earlier, I left the game before it started, and then my clan had 31 survivors sick.  I actually had something I had to do, so I couldn't play the game.  I didn't realize leaving the game before it started led to such punishment.  Geeze.  I'll probably lose all my clan members huh?  I'll probably need to start from week 1 again? 

I don't remember the exact stats, but I think it said only 16 clan members were in good health, 31 were sick.  I don't know what happened to the rest.  I hope they didn't die :smileyfrustrated:

EDIT :  Whoops.. my bad.  I meant to post this in the MP forum.

Message 1 of 23 (458 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
5585 posts

Re: Punishment for leaving a game before it starts?

Jul 27, 2013
I gotcha buddy. Thread moved from TLoU General Discussion.
Message 2 of 23 (430 Views)
First Son
23 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 27, 2013

Log out of PSN if you need to quit, otherwise your clan will be decimated. It's a great way for those of us who need to quit for legitimate reasons to do so without penalty, but the down side is that rage quitters and stat farmers use this loophole as well.

Message 3 of 23 (411 Views)
Wastelander
595 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 27, 2013

SixThreeBC wrote:

Log out of PSN if you need to quit, otherwise your clan will be decimated. It's a great way for those of us who need to quit for legitimate to do so without penalty, but the down side is that rage quitters and stat farmers use this loophole as well.

Thanks, I'll do that if I need to leave again.  I didn't realize you could sign out of PSN while in a game.  You just go to the XMB while in a match and log out from there?  I didn't know that was possible.

Or do you mean quit the game from the XMB before the game starts

Message 4 of 23 (402 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

Jul 27, 2013
Will the PSN sign out tactic work if you join a game late as well (and don't want to play a partial game)?
I don't see why it wouldn't, but I wanted to ask to make sure a penalty wouldn't incur. I really, really hate joining games late.
Message 5 of 23 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Jul 27, 2013

I had exactly the same thing happen to me when I quit a round the first time in week 9 (Whole team was shouting in a foreign language).  I then was dropped into a survivors game with only one round left and was killed straight away so I only got around 300 parts. Around 25 sick and 50 hungry... Was tough but I made it to the end.
I can confirm using quit game or turn off system by PS Button will not impact your clan at any time.

Message 6 of 23 (379 Views)
First Son
6 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 27, 2013

It works during any part of the game. If I skip the map selection, I know it's going to put me into a partial game and I just log out before it even loads.

Message 7 of 23 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4874 posts

Jul 27, 2013
It's actually quite disappointing that ND allows players to manipulate both their stats and the meta game through this sign out trick.

They will never learn.
Message 8 of 23 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
96 posts

Jul 27, 2013

yeah too many games have this problem you cant even tell who is legit anymore

Message 9 of 23 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

Jul 27, 2013

mbhitman wrote:
It's actually quite disappointing that ND allows players to manipulate both their stats and the meta game through this sign out trick.

They will never learn.

As many times as I have been kicked from a match when I have had a great game and caused my clan to suffer majorly, I will appreciate ND leaving it as it is now since they fixed it. I still get kicked from games but very rarely will it effect my clan anymore. 

sig photo PizSig_zpsfd246efd.png
Message 10 of 23 (348 Views)
0 Likes