Survivor
2220 posts

Re: Purchasables Are For Newbs

[ Edited ]
Feb 7, 2014

Okay here's my opinion:

It's like I stated before in this thread:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/How-do-you-play-non-dlc-supply-rai...

Using NO purchaseables actually shows how well of a player you are rather than, get this, relying on those weapons. I only have one loadout that has a purchaseable in it just to prove that anyone can win with how you say "power weapons."

(Although I really wish there were more custom loadouts to have so that I don't have to keep changing a certain class.)

|| Twitter: @L_A_White_Boy ||Twitch: L_A_White_Boy ||
Message 21 of 61 (236 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 7, 2014
They're in the game and one of the only rewards you get for doing well. Anyone that complains about it is a crybaby. Anyone that thinks it has anything to do with morality or someone's "moral fiber" is completely disconnected with reality. *cough* monkeybutler *cough*
Message 22 of 61 (226 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 7, 2014
@LA White Boy

The only thing that's shows how good your are at the game is winning the match. Use any game mechanics the dev put in their to do it. If it's part of the game design then it is the game itself.
Message 23 of 61 (224 Views)
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Feb 7, 2014

L_A_White_Boy wrote:

Using NO purchaseables actually shows how well of a player you are rather than, get this, relying on those weapons

riiiight... limiting yourself to only using a handful of weapons proves you are a good player... oh wait... limiting yourself to only a handful of weapons for no reason just makes you a dumb player lol its fun seeing somebody charge you with a modded bat and just blow them away with the shotgun and the special executions with the machete is just sick to watch

Message 24 of 61 (205 Views)
Wastelander
738 posts

Feb 7, 2014
LA's dumb? Maybe you should re-read his statement and realize that he's talking about people that RELY on purchasable weapons.
Message 25 of 61 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

Feb 7, 2014

First of all, I personally do not like to use Purchasable Weapons because I really really really want/love to enjoy a game where I'm using Revolver only or Bow. I also enjoy using my Silenced Shorty! BUT...

If my teammates are level 0~3, dying a lot of times and then rage quit. Has 0 down/kills. Refuse to revive, always hide behind covers when a gunfight is going on. Well, sorry I just have to take out that FT/SG. ESPECIALLY, if my teammates are inexperienced with this game and my opponents are a team or they're already using FT RIGHT FROM THE START.

My hubby very rarely plays shooter games, he plays it because I play it (he just wants to be my teammate). He can't aim / react as fast as well as many you guys here. So he runs Flamethrower loadout while being a Medic/Healer to the team, if not he'll be running Brawler loadout with his Machete. To him, it's just a game that he plays with his wife. Call him a noob (well, what happens in real life is what matters to me Heart, my hubby is a noob on TLOU MP, so what? LOL) But I'm sure if the other team wasn't playing with Power Weapons, he'd love to run a Revolver only loadout so that he can be a full Medic running Reviver 3 - which is what he enjoys doing. Smiley Happy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join or Support us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheLastOfUsVideos

Visit my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - www.twitter.com/mrsjimmymare

Message 26 of 61 (176 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1174 posts

Feb 7, 2014
Interesting opinions...

I guess I have high moral fibre since I barely use those purchasables, then again like whiteboy said, facing a team that relies on purchasables can easily overpower a team that doesn't.regardless of skill
Skill, Coordination, and Experience will lead a team to victory.
Message 27 of 61 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1210 posts

Feb 7, 2014

RyokuSonic wrote:
Interesting opinions...

I guess I have high moral fibre since I barely use those purchasables, then again like whiteboy said, facing a team that relies on purchasables can easily overpower a team that doesn't.regardless of skill

Same here. And again, its so much more satisfying to get that bow headshot than a Shotgun kill Smiley Happy

Art by Janice Chu
Message 28 of 61 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

Feb 7, 2014
i use the machete. im a lowlife. many apologies.
Message 29 of 61 (157 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
334 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 7, 2014

They are not for noobs, noobs need to unlock them first.

They eat loadout points and parts, i think the only weapons that cant compete with them are 9mm and shorty. So it is logical that you dont need them, because all normal loadout guns can be good as well, even the revolver is powerful.

So compare a revolver only loadout with a military sniper loadout (you will have 4 more loadout points left to spend for "noob skills like covert 2 brawler or what ever" and you will need only 800 parts for weapon upgrades all other parts go to armour). If it is a game where you cant use the military sniper loadout effective due ot the play-stile of the other team or just no luck (no nice headshot situations). Then the revolver loadout is even more noob friendly, you can waste your whole clip to down a single person. Yes the shotgun for example does not need that amount of skill, however you need a lot of parts for ammo, seems balanced to me and not op.

In fact I think that using the military sniper very effective is one of the biggest challenges against good players, I am sure you will see a a lot of people using silenced sars or the burst rifle for 4 points in private games but not a lot of people using the military sniper.

Personally i use most of the purchasables just for fun to try out new loadouts and for a change, cant imagine how boring it would be to play all my games with the same 2-3 weapons.

someone give me a challenge
Message 30 of 61 (154 Views)