Survivor
2013 posts

Re: Question Regarding Sound Settings

Jun 17, 2013

BO2TLOU wrote:

Thanks for all the feedback evryone. Given that gunns actually ran some tests, I'll take his word for Stereo Headset + Normal range, but maybe I'll play around with it a bit to see what I like. 

i just ran stereo headset but with dynamic range=wide.

no good. in a cutscene i was reading subtitles but heard 0 dialouge. Normal is def the way to go.

as for "headset" vs something else...thats debatable, and testable :smileyhappy:

--
if you vote for Cave Plunder, may the gods have mercy on your soul
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 15 (566 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2013 posts

Jun 23, 2013

--
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 15 (534 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2013 posts

Jun 23, 2013
Update: Eric said in a PM to me that the Sony pulse Last of us mode should be out July 1st--it will be mentioned in a blog post.

I'm convinced now that Dolby digital 7.1 is best setting for headphones. Stereo headset kills the pulse's virtual 7.1. I usually stick with normal dynamic range.
--
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 15 (533 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 1, 2013

Hey, I see this is kind of an old thread but I'd like to know if you know how the Pulse headset handles it's surround sound.  Does it take the true 7.1 surround sound that's being generated by the game and then convert it into a "7.1 virtual" 2-channel signal for the headset?  Or does it only virtualize a 7.1 signal from 2 channels generated by the game since headsets are really only 2 channels anyway? I'm asking because I would presume you'd get a more accurate surround sound if the headset had access to all channels when converting them into a "virtual 7.1" 2-channel signal rather than having to make up a "virtual 7.1"  sound from only 2 channels.  I just don't know how sony have designed this headset to work since it uses a usb dongle where as the A50s use optical/toslink cable so you know for sure that your getting ever possible channel.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 15 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2013 posts

Sep 1, 2013

Hungry_Owl_ wrote:

Hey, I see this is kind of an old thread but I'd like to know if you know how the Pulse headset handles it's surround sound.  Does it take the true 7.1 surround sound that's being generated by the game and then convert it into a "7.1 virtual" 2-channel signal for the headset?  Or does it only virtualize a 7.1 signal from 2 channels generated by the game since headsets are really only 2 channels anyway? I'm asking because I would presume you'd get a more accurate surround sound if the headset had access to all channels when converting them into a "virtual 7.1" 2-channel signal rather than having to make up a "virtual 7.1"  sound from only 2 channels.  I just don't know how sony have designed this headset to work since it uses a usb dongle where as the A50s use optical/toslink cable so you know for sure that your getting ever possible channel.

Thanks

This thread is an oldie but a goodie haha

To answer your quesiton, I set the in game audio to Dolby Digital 7.1. The game is mastered in 7.1 full surround. My Pulse interperets that and puts it into Virtual 7.1. So obviously it isnt as good as REAL 7.1, but the Pulse does a **bleep** good job.

--
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 15 (342 Views)
0 Likes