Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Jul 30 2013
By: BADROBOT617 First Son 2 posts
Offline

Quick Scope = no game sales

52 replies 762 views Edited Jul 30, 2013

   Another Game designer who fails to realize that we are tired of false games.  Sure in single player mode its cool to quick scope a zombie, but have you played COD zombies?  Oh yeah they actually do not have quick scoping for those rounds.  Which causes it to feel more realistic and thus rewarding to get a head shot and a kill.  Now transfer this to multiplayer maps and games where there are too many 6 yo kids whining because its too hard to get a kill and game designers fold to pressure and give it to them.   Now all of us who actually have the money to buy games, refuse to buy games with such flaws.  Read up on the weapon, learn the mechanics of it, and apply them to the game.  

 

  To be an expert shooter it takes several elements.  In a video game we can skip the need to zero the weapon for the shooter.  You can not eliminate the need for breath and trigger control.  And a natural point of aim is critical to this.  Sweeping side to side while running carrying a heavy weapon then snapping it into your shoulder, and getting a head shot in less than half a second.  Don't even try it.  It will Never happen.  And only those weak parents who allow their kids to whine incessantly will buy such garbage.  Stop rewarding whiners.  Allow them to learn to use a weapon and become rewarded with the fact that they learned how to use it and thus get a few head shots.  

 

  Now I invite your deflections.  All of you who will say I am whining about quick scoping. Go ahead, because I have gotten my quad kills with a quick scope.  Again something that will only happen in the wildest of lottery situations.  When a bullet enters a body it hits matter which will cause the bullet to stray off target.  It will not pass through 4 human skulls just because they were standing in a relative line.

Message 1 of 53 (762 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/23/2013
Offline
2971 posts
 

Re: Quick Scope = no game sales

Jul 30, 2013

BADROBOT617 wrote:

   Another Game designer who fails to realize that we are tired of false games.  Sure in single player mode its cool to quick scope a zombie, but have you played COD zombies?  Oh yeah they actually do not have quick scoping for those rounds.  Which causes it to feel more realistic and thus rewarding to get a head shot and a kill.  Now transfer this to multiplayer maps and games where there are too many 6 yo kids whining because its too hard to get a kill and game designers fold to pressure and give it to them.   Now all of us who actually have the money to buy games, refuse to buy games with such flaws.  Read up on the weapon, learn the mechanics of it, and apply them to the game.  

 

  To be an expert shooter it takes several elements.  In a video game we can skip the need to zero the weapon for the shooter.  You can not eliminate the need for breath and trigger control.  And a natural point of aim is critical to this.  Sweeping side to side while running carrying a heavy weapon then snapping it into your shoulder, and getting a head shot in less than half a second.  Don't even try it.  It will Never happen.  And only those weak parents who allow their kids to whine incessantly will buy such garbage.  Stop rewarding whiners.  Allow them to learn to use a weapon and become rewarded with the fact that they learned how to use it and thus get a few head shots.  

 

  Now I invite your deflections.  All of you who will say I am whining about quick scoping. Go ahead, because I have gotten my quad kills with a quick scope.  Again something that will only happen in the wildest of lottery situations.  When a bullet enters a body it hits matter which will cause the bullet to stray off target.  It will not pass through 4 human skulls just because they were standing in a relative line.


6fe.jpg

 photo Steak_zps70cec71c.jpg
Message 2 of 53 (754 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/10/2013
Offline
130 posts
 

Re: Quick Scope = no game sales

Jul 30, 2013

OP, your argument is too clever for me to understand...I am pretty sure "quickscoping", as it is in CoD, does not happen in TLOU MP...

Message 3 of 53 (752 Views)
First Son
Registered: 07/30/2013
Offline
2 posts
 

Re: Quick Scope = no game sales

Jul 30, 2013

Actually quickscoping is in TLoU, sadly it is so close to being the same as black ops that people are posting video after video of it.  I mean take the M rating off the game, paint it pink, and sell it to kids if you are going to design the game mechanics that way.

Message 4 of 53 (742 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/17/2011
Offline
1431 posts
 

Re: Quick Scope = no game sales

[ Edited ]
Jul 30, 2013

PeetSquared wrote:

OP, your argument is too clever for me to understand...I am pretty sure "quickscoping", as it is in CoD, does not happen in TLOU MP...


Oh yeah?

 

@OP

 

Wouldn't say that everyone is posting videos of it as it is much harder to do than most convential shooters especially as it's a TPS. If anything I would say it's harder and more rewarding to play the game in this such a way considering COD will have whole teams spinning from buildings at the spawn to try and hit shots. At least it's not a weapon that anyone can pickup and master in a matter of hours.

 

I mean:

http://www.youtube.com/user/DanViron

>> Multiplayer TLOU: http://www.youtube.com/user/DanViron
>> Twitter: https://twitter.com/VironZz
Message 5 of 53 (735 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/10/2013
Offline
130 posts
 

Re: Quick Scope = no game sales

Jul 30, 2013

Hmm, I just haven't seen it...which, means nothing, since I've only played through 13 weeks...

 

I think I may have not noticed because the pace is so much slower, in general. In CoD, it seemed so fast it was stupid. Is it the same in TLOU?

Message 6 of 53 (703 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/17/2011
Offline
1431 posts
 

Re: Quick Scope = no game sales

Jul 30, 2013

PeetSquared wrote:

Hmm, I just haven't seen it...which, means nothing, since I've only played through 13 weeks...

 

I think I may have not noticed because the pace is so much slower, in general. In CoD, it seemed so fast it was stupid. Is it the same in TLOU?


It exists but it isn't the same mechanic as COD so to speak, its harder to do considering the reload times, scope in times etc. unless you invest in 1200 parts to bring it upto to even a comparable COD standard (you can't even compare the sniping from these games in any case, just the technique is similar).

 

I use the sniper rifle in a fashion people mistake for being like COD, however It's just my technique that I share on many titles across consoles from experience.

>> Multiplayer TLOU: http://www.youtube.com/user/DanViron
>> Twitter: https://twitter.com/VironZz
Message 7 of 53 (690 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 06/20/2013
Offline
1012 posts
 

Re: Quick Scope = no game sales

[ Edited ]
Jul 30, 2013

I dont understand why people say "quickscopin cant happen in real life?"

 

Oh really? It is literally impossible for me to quickly raise the gun to my shoulder and fire quickly? Thats like saying, "its impossible to run. No one can move their legs that quickly."

 

Now, of course, in real life, it is much harder to be acccurate with the guns, but the idea itself, "quickscoping" is completely fine and can be done with any weapon.

 

Only thing I hate about CoD quickscoping is it literally goes Wanted on the bullets. You could "quickscope" and being aiming 10 feet off target but somehow still get the kill. Friggin Angelina Joe Lee told CoD her secret

 photo c2360113-3b52-4c69-8e36-3bb37cb9501c_zps713c8462.png
Message 8 of 53 (682 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 08/02/2009
Offline
639 posts
 

Re: Quick Scope = no game sales

Jul 30, 2013

TheFunnyMan-- wrote:

I dont understand why people say "quickscopin cant happen in real life?"

 

Oh really? It is literally impossible for me to quickly raise the gun to my should and fire quickly? Thats like saying, "its impossible to run. No one can move their legs that quickly."

 

Now, of course, in real life, it is much harder to be acccurate with the guns, but the idea itself, "quickscoping" is completely fine and can be done with any weapon.

 

Only thing I hate about CoD quickscoping is it literally goes Wanted on the bullets. You could "quickscope" and being aiming 10 feet off target but somehow still get the kill. Friggin Angelina Joe Lee told CoD her secret


If you attempted to QS in real life the Scope would take your eye out. Thats why Snipers lay prone or rest their Rifle and prepare their body for the push back. Running and quickly thowing up your Sniper and looking through the Scope will not end well. 

 

In that situation you're not QSing, you're blindfiring. You may have your gun up but you have no idea where the bullets are going. 

Message 9 of 53 (674 Views)
Splicer
Registered: 07/23/2013
Offline
41 posts
 

Re: Quick Scope = no game sales

Jul 30, 2013

If someone quickscopes me in TLOU I will go to their house and beat them to death with a pointed stick.

__________________
It’s an encrypted unsecured message with a singular, double meaning with touches of transparent subterfuge.
add me: crazy-bad
Message 10 of 53 (667 Views)