Limit Breaker
17622 posts

Re: Quick Scope = no game sales

Jul 30, 2013
It's.

A.

Video.

Game.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 11 of 53 (290 Views)
Shinra Executive
42138 posts

Jul 30, 2013

TheFunnyMan-- wrote:

Only thing I hate about CoD quickscoping is it literally goes Wanted on the bullets. You could "quickscope" and being aiming 10 feet off target but somehow still get the kill. Friggin Angelina Joe Lee told CoD her secret

Only CoD I've owned is 4 and I remember the hit detection being wonky at times, such as aiming at the body and sometimes getting a headshot on people.  Game was weird at times.  I remember unloading into people and being killed by them only to watch the Kill Cam and it shows me aiming x amount of feet over 'missing' when that person was dead center on my screen.

Message 12 of 53 (289 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1084 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 31, 2013

TwinSnakes89 wrote:

If you attempted to QS in real life the Scope would take your eye out. Thats why Snipers lay prone or rest their Rifle and prepare their body for the push back. Running and quickly thowing up your Sniper and looking through the Scope will not end well. 

In that situation you're not QSing, you're blindfiring. You may have your gun up but you have no idea where the bullets are going. 

True true about the eye thing, IF you were stupid enough to put your eye right on the scope (which is what the games do, Ill admit that). But thats why you dont put your eye on the scope, and/or you have the scope raised on the gun, so you can quickly pull up the gun and aim with the ironsights, OR have a red dot (or whatever) on the side of the gun. 

Obviously the games dont do that, so its a little ridiculous, but, it isnt gamebreaking. As long as the game doesnt auto aim for you I really dont care lol

photo c2360113-3b52-4c69-8e36-3bb37cb9501c_zps713c8462.png
Message 13 of 53 (286 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1084 posts

Jul 30, 2013

SlashZaku wrote:
Only CoD I've owned is 4 and I remember the hit detection being wonky at times, such as aiming at the body and sometimes getting a headshot on people.  Game was weird at times.  I remember unloading into people and being killed by them only to watch the Kill Cam and it shows me aiming x amount of feet over 'missing' when that person was dead center on my screen.

CoD4 is, by far, the best CoD out there. WaW is really good to (if they would just nerf that dang mp40, that gun legitametly needed a nerf lol, its ridiculous).

That hit detection stuff like never happened to me. Tho, sometimes I would get headshots and Im just like, "WHAAAT. How?!" lol

Message 14 of 53 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

Jul 30, 2013

crazy-bad wrote:

If someone quickscopes me in TLOU I will go to their house and beat them to death with a pointed stick.

Cat Surprised

>> Multiplayer TLOU: http://www.youtube.com/user/DanViron
>> Twitter: https://twitter.com/VironZz
Message 15 of 53 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
639 posts

Jul 30, 2013

TheFunnyMan-- wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

CoD4 is, by far, the best CoD out there. WaW is really good to (if they would just nerf that dang mp40, that gun legitametly needed a nerf lol, its ridiculous).

That hit detection stuff like never happened to me. Tho, sometimes I would get headshots and Im just like, "WHAAAT. How?!" lol

*Derailed to become a COD thread!*

Its every since they introduced Lag Compensation. You'll shoot someone right in front of you but they'll be 5 feet to the left. Its in COD Ghosts too but I'm hoping (but WILL be disappointed) the change to the game engine will get rid of all the kinks like Quickscoping and head glitching. 

Message 16 of 53 (270 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1084 posts

Jul 30, 2013

TwinSnakes89 wrote:

TheFunnyMan-- wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

*Derailed to become a COD thread!*

I'm hoping (but WILL be disappointed) the change to the game engine will get rid of all the kinks like Quickscoping and head glitching. 

Oops about the CoD thing lol. I didnt mean to do that, Sorry! 

Anyway, headglitching is in almost every FPS game ive played, SO FRUSTRATING lol. 

Message 17 of 53 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
90 posts

Jul 30, 2013

Quick scooping exists, I've seen videos of it, I've been the victim of it.

Nothing signs me out of PSN faster...well, actually, a molotov that doesn't 1HK might do it a little faster.

Message 18 of 53 (254 Views)
Splicer
66 posts

Jul 30, 2013

If you used to play or play BF3, it's quite easy quickscopin' a person on the head. Sucks that there's no option to see how many headshots you did.

Message 19 of 53 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
248 posts

Jul 30, 2013

TwinSnakes89 wrote:

TheFunnyMan-- wrote:

I dont understand why people say "quickscopin cant happen in real life?"

Oh really? It is literally impossible for me to quickly raise the gun to my should and fire quickly? Thats like saying, "its impossible to run. No one can move their legs that quickly."

Now, of course, in real life, it is much harder to be acccurate with the guns, but the idea itself, "quickscoping" is completely fine and can be done with any weapon.

Only thing I hate about CoD quickscoping is it literally goes Wanted on the bullets. You could "quickscope" and being aiming 10 feet off target but somehow still get the kill. Friggin Angelina Joe Lee told CoD her secret

If you attempted to QS in real life the Scope would take your eye out. Thats why Snipers lay prone or rest their Rifle and prepare their body for the push back. Running and quickly thowing up your Sniper and looking through the Scope will not end well. 

In that situation you're not QSing, you're blindfiring. You may have your gun up but you have no idea where the bullets are going. 

Strange.  I have a pile of optics designed to do exactly what you say isn't possible.  Granted the fixed 3x Trijicon and variable 1-4x Trijicon and 1.5-4x Leupold are on 5.56 semi autos, but even a 3-9 or 4-12 scope on a 7.62 or .30-06 at lowest magnification can be pretty **bleep** fast and accurate offhand.  Not ideal for for short range, but you won't lose an eye and better than nothing in a pinch. 

How does that transfer to game mechanics?  I dunno.

Message 20 of 53 (208 Views)
0 Likes