Jul 24 2013
By: TheFunnyMan-- I Only Post Everything 1084 posts

Quit Complaining About Stolen Executions while Downed

[ Edited ]
67 replies 698 views Edited Jul 26, 2013

I hear this a lot. "I was fighting an enemy and we downed each other (or maybe I downed him then went past a bomb, whatever). A teammate comes around and STEALS my execution then revives me! (or revives me then steals executions)."

Shut up about it. I think the guy who 'stole' your execution deserves to have it, bc he just did you a favor by reviving you, so you can return the favor by letting him have the execution. Thats what i do. If I get downed and then revived, I will let the teammate take my execution (or if he already has, I wont get mad). 

Besides the 'favor' thing there is another reason. If I see a teammate downed and an emeny crawling away. I WILL shoot the enemy to kill him just in case he was crawling to another enemy to get revived (obviously if I know there is no threat, I will let it be and let the guy finish him off after I revive him). Its just being cautious. I am coming to revive you so Im going to make sure it stays as safe as possible. You are in no position to make demands as you are crawling around on your knees. 

Also, if the downed enemy is kinda far away and already behind cover, I will usually let him go and revive the teammate (or if my teammates revive meter is almost down). 

Another point. If you finish off the enemy, but your teammate dies, guess what, the score is still tied. Both sides lost 1. That is the worst case scenario if you execute first. Thats not terrible. Of course, if you do SE and thats what cost you time to go revive, then you are a dumba$$. 

Now if they just steal my execution as I am walking over to execute him myself, that pisses me off lol. 

EDIT: Man, some people are making arguments to me where i cant even tell which side they are on hahaha, come on now! And other people seem to not understand what I am saying and arguin about completely diff stuff. Oh well lol

photo c2360113-3b52-4c69-8e36-3bb37cb9501c_zps713c8462.png
Message 1 of 68 (698 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
115 posts

Re: Quit Complaining About Stolen Executions while Downed

Jul 24, 2013
I doesn't bother me too much when people steal my executions. There is one exception, however. A lot of the times, I will down an enemy who just downed my teammate. Instead of going for the execution first, I revive him. Immediately thereafter, my teammate gets up and runs over and steals my execution. Jerk.
Message 2 of 68 (684 Views)
Shinra Executive
42139 posts

Jul 24, 2013
Meh, I don't care for executions in general. If I come across a downed teammate and downed enemy, I'll revive the teammate first always and let him have the execution if the enemy is still alive. If I come across an teammate who was just recently downed and I can down the enemy who did it, all the same: revive teammate, let him have the execution.

And it's sad when 'reviving' is considered a 'favor' in this game Smiley Indifferent

Message 3 of 68 (676 Views)
Limit Breaker
17622 posts

Jul 24, 2013
I don't care who executes someone. You'll often hear me urging people to finish enemies, to ensure they don't get revived.
Do I take a kdr hit? Does that matter? If we win the game, none of it matters.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 4 of 68 (666 Views)
First Son
23 posts

Jul 24, 2013
"Stolen" executions don't bother me at all. It's a team game, and people with that selfish mentality are bad teammates in general. You get an assist...so what? The discrepancy in parts earned between an assist and an execution is not so high that you should be losing any sleep over it. More importantly, though, A MEMBER OF THE OPPOSITION IS NOW DEAD, which is what you were trying to do in the first place, isn't it? Additionally, both players get parts/ammo which ultimately helps the TEAM.

Also, you'd best believe that people who complain about their executions being stolen are the first in line to wait for a teammate to down an enemy just to sprint over and steal themselves. It's a big deal to them because they only care about KDR, foolishly negligent to the fact that you can get thousands of parts literally by crafting/reviving/gifting and not firing a single gunshot in a match.
Message 5 of 68 (660 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
674 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 24, 2013

I just get annoyed when I have the executions missions active. Otherwise, i don't give a hoot. Mostly, people get angry at me when I try to revive them and end up executing the enemy whos crawling near them.

Message 6 of 68 (640 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6974 posts

Jul 24, 2013

This is honestly the only scenario I hate:

-Me and enemy down each other

-teammate comes to spec. execute enemy but gets gunned down, then of course I get finished as well

-results us, -2 lives, enemy -1 life

If he decided to revive me first or not special execute an enemy in the open we both coulda survived and not died.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 7 of 68 (627 Views)
Wastelander
464 posts

Jul 24, 2013

I dont care about executions. In 95% of my games I get ateast 3-5 more downs than executions. To me downs are more important just because executing is a lot easier than downing.

My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/swiftydragon/videos - Last of us tips, and gameplay with commentary.
Message 8 of 68 (624 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3768 posts

Jul 24, 2013

Im different on this then some of you.

What I see a lot of is team mates stealing them on purpose just to boost kdr.

Yeah it pisses me off.

Especially when they say its all about the win! Coming from the guy that will have 13 executions and 5 downs.

No there is no leader board for wins, dont lie to cover greed.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 9 of 68 (623 Views)
Lombax Warrior
115 posts

Jul 24, 2013

scootgar wrote:
I don't care who executes someone. You'll often hear me urging people to finish enemies, to ensure they don't get revived.
Do I take a kdr hit? Does that matter? If we win the game, none of it matters.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but there is something called common courtesy.  In the one exception I discussed above, the courteous thing to do is to let the guy who revived you get the execution of the enemy he just downed.  I couldn't care less about kdr.  Just my $.02

Message 10 of 68 (620 Views)
0 Likes