First Son
20 posts

Re: Quit Complaining About Stolen Executions while Downed

Jul 26, 2013

Most of the time I get scumbags who decide to go into a special execution animation while there are enemies around and die instead of reviving me.

Message 61 of 68 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1528 posts

Jul 26, 2013

BarEXL wrote:

I'd like to ask all these posters...how do you know someone was purposely stealing your executions?

How do you know they weren't trying to be a team player and ganging up on the enemy with you?

How do you know if that molotov was thrown after he saw you down the player and not before?

How do you know he wasn't making sure the enemy was down and out of the game so that he doesn't get revived?

Maybe it's because I play Survivor, but unless I feel like my teammate is going to die if I don't revive him right away, I execute the downed guy to make sure my team has the advantage in numbers and has the higher chance of winning.

Because they never "gang up" with me until the enemy is already guaranteed to die.  They charge in from cover and unload once the coast is clear.  They even do it WHILE you're executing people.  And they don't need to make sure the enemy doesn't get revived.  Killing standing enemies accomplishes the same thing.  If there are no standing enemies around then obviously the guy isn't gonna get revived.  And going for kills instead of revives is going to do the opposite of making sure your team has the numbers advantage.  If you revive your teammate first you're guaranteed to stay as even as you already were, even if the enemy gets revived.  If you revive your teammate and just let the guy bleed out then you're up by 1.

Message 62 of 68 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
511 posts

Jul 26, 2013

Would rather have my teammate finish off the person. Not sure why people care so much, since I'd rather win then worry about who got the execution. 

Message 63 of 68 (79 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jul 26, 2013

"Because they never "gang up" with me until the enemy is already guaranteed to die.  They charge in from cover and unload once the coast is clear.  They even do it WHILE you're executing people.  And they don't need to make sure the enemy doesn't get revived.  Killing standing enemies accomplishes the same thing.  If there are no standing enemies around then obviously the guy isn't gonna get revived.  And going for kills instead of revives is going to do the opposite of making sure your team has the numbers advantage.  If you revive your teammate first you're guaranteed to stay as even as you already were, even if the enemy gets revived.  If you revive your teammate and just let the guy bleed out then you're up by 1."

So you're saying you're always on a 1v1 and there aren't any teammates attacking the same player?

Why don't you need to make sure the enemy doesn't get revived? Is it the last enemy? How do you know there aren't any enemies around? You do realize a player that's bleeding out sends out a huge target as to where you are right? It shows up both on the radar and in the live map.

Like I said, if down, unless my teammate is at risk of bleeding out, I pop two in downed enemy and revive my guy. That way, there's no homing beacon on where the bleeding guy is, and I make sure the coast is clear. Immediately trying to revive your teammate without making sure it's safe is an easy way to be down two players and lose the game. If i'm confident I can revive my teammate and then finish the guy off, then I do so.

Again, maybe it's because lives are more crucial in Survivor. But like others have said, I think this whole stealing kills thing is overrated. Unless the guy purposely spouts off on the mic that he's stealing your kill, I'm just glad for the assist and that we're up in numbers.

Message 64 of 68 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
302 posts

Jul 26, 2013

TheFunnyMan-- wrote:

I hear this a lot. "I was fighting an enemy and we downed each other (or maybe I downed him then went past a bomb, whatever). A teammate comes around and STEALS my execution then revives me! (or revives me then steals executions)."

Shut up about it. I think the guy who 'stole' your execution deserves to have it, bc he just did you a favor by reviving you, so you can return the favor by letting him have the execution. Thats what i do. If I get downed and then revived, I will let the teammate take my execution (or if he already has, I wont get mad). 

Besides the 'favor' thing there is another reason. If I see a teammate downed and an emeny crawling away. I WILL shoot the enemy to kill him just in case he was crawling to another enemy to get revived (obviously if I know there is no threat, I will let it be and let the guy finish him off after I revive him). Its just being cautious. I am coming to revive you so Im going to make sure it stays as safe as possible. You are in no position to make demands as you are crawling around on your knees. 

Also, if the downed enemy is kinda far away and already behind cover, I will usually let him go and revive the teammate, bc thats more important (or if my teammates revive meter is almost down). 

Now if they just steal my execution as I am walking over to execute him myself, that pisses me off lol. 

EDIT: Man, some people are making arguments to me where i cant even tell which side they are on hahaha, come on now! And other people seem to not understand what I am saying and arguin about completely diff stuff. Oh well lol

True lol

Message 65 of 68 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

Jul 26, 2013

BarEXL wrote:

"Because they never "gang up" with me until the enemy is already guaranteed to die.  They charge in from cover and unload once the coast is clear.  They even do it WHILE you're executing people.  And they don't need to make sure the enemy doesn't get revived.  Killing standing enemies accomplishes the same thing.  If there are no standing enemies around then obviously the guy isn't gonna get revived.  And going for kills instead of revives is going to do the opposite of making sure your team has the numbers advantage.  If you revive your teammate first you're guaranteed to stay as even as you already were, even if the enemy gets revived.  If you revive your teammate and just let the guy bleed out then you're up by 1."

So you're saying you're always on a 1v1 and there aren't any teammates attacking the same player?

Why don't you need to make sure the enemy doesn't get revived? Is it the last enemy? How do you know there aren't any enemies around? You do realize a player that's bleeding out sends out a huge target as to where you are right? It shows up both on the radar and in the live map.

Like I said, if down, unless my teammate is at risk of bleeding out, I pop two in downed enemy and revive my guy. That way, there's no homing beacon on where the bleeding guy is, and I make sure the coast is clear. Immediately trying to revive your teammate without making sure it's safe is an easy way to be down two players and lose the game. If i'm confident I can revive my teammate and then finish the guy off, then I do so.

Again, maybe it's because lives are more crucial in Survivor. But like others have said, I think this whole stealing kills thing is overrated. Unless the guy purposely spouts off on the mic that he's stealing your kill, I'm just glad for the assist and that we're up in numbers.

Im about to start making videos. Stealling kills is one of the first montages I plan on doing. There are tons of times when you know for sure its a greedy teammate just trying to take your kill. Not every stolen kill is bad, but sometimes there are circumstances that you should not take someone elses kill. There are plenty of times when you know 100% that you are in the clear and theres no danger of someone reviving the enemy or an enemy rushing you to get to the fallen teammate. 

sig photo PizSig_zpsfd246efd.png
Message 66 of 68 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
595 posts

Jul 26, 2013

BarEXL wrote:

I'd like to ask all these posters...how do you know someone was purposely stealing your executions?

How do you know they weren't trying to be a team player and ganging up on the enemy with you?

How do you know if that molotov was thrown after he saw you down the player and not before?

How do you know he wasn't making sure the enemy was down and out of the game so that he doesn't get revived?

Maybe it's because I play Survivor, but unless I feel like my teammate is going to die if I don't revive him right away, I execute the downed guy to make sure my team has the advantage in numbers and has the higher chance of winning.

There are times when I down an enemy, my teammates will come running for lower levels of the map, and climb up to take the execution.  I can tell when they had nothing to do with the down and they just want to steal the execution.  It happens sometimes. 

Message 67 of 68 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
595 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 26, 2013

xKillzonelifex wrote:

Most of the time I get scumbags who decide to go into a special execution animation while there are enemies around and die instead of reviving me.

I don't think that's always a scum move.  If I'm playing survivor mode, and my teammate is down, and enemies are swarming my position, reviving that downed player is going to get us both killed.  You're better off killing the enemies nearby before reviving.  Many people wait until you start reviving to attack you when you're in the revive animation.

Message 68 of 68 (39 Views)
0 Likes