Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Re: Rage Quitting: Why do you do it? Can it change?

Jul 21, 2013

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Host advantage disappeared when games started working in lag compensation to make it fairer for people with weaker connections, but this then caused the host advantage to turn into laggers advantage.

How ironic.....ly stupid.

thanks - makes a lot of sense (well, the explanation does, the existence does not, haha)

this also helps explain why i get screwed by bad connections in FIFA....lol

Message 41 of 63 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14381 posts

Jul 22, 2013

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

Aureilia wrote:
I was.

But i'd be selfish to not notice that quitting impacts other players negatively.

Infact I've been selfish. I know I made loads of mistakes but no one else wants to fix their ways.

"No one else"? Not everyone did something wrong. Quitting has always negatively effected matches because it makes what was already a hard match, even harder on the remaining people, and throws some poor unsuspecting random into the mess you started. 

Clearly widespread quitting isn't as big of an issue in TLOU, and I would say this is mostly due to the clan metagame. Sure some people glitch it to get out of matches without a penalty, but I think most people don't know about that and are worried about destroying their clan from even a single quit.

Would be nice if they gave 1 free quit every 24 hours (that would not stack) that you could use if you absolutely had to go do something.

Yeah I know not everyone does it. But there are a lot and as much of a negative impact it can have, I'm aware there are no wins and losses in this game.

But that still doesn't make it right to leave a game and leave another team waiting for a new player, or even worse all other 3 follow the quit and ruin the match for the other team.

Take it as more of a sporting gesture to stay, not a matter of if it counts if you win or not or if the meta game isn't harming anything. hell if anything the meta game is a reason for the quitting. Which I understand. But other players should really have enough respect for other gamers to stay in a match and deal with whatever hand they are dealt, as long as it's not obvious cheating then theres no reason why someone should really be quitting.

Message 42 of 63 (306 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 22, 2013

Honestly, the only time rage-quitters pìss me off is when I'm about to perform a Special Execution and the other person quits out before it finishes. Seriously f*ck those people.

Often times I see many people from the other team quit if their getting stomped. Hard to blame them but, it really is a b*tch move. ND needs to adjust the MP so if you quit out of PSN you get some kind of penalty. There are too many stat-wh*res who abuse this glitch.

Message 43 of 63 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14381 posts

Jul 22, 2013

cdub420-- wrote:

Honestly, the only time rage-quitters pìss me off is when I'm about to perform a Special Execution and the other person quits out before it finishes. Seriously f*ck those people.

Often times I see many people from the other team quit if their getting stomped. Hard to blame them but, it really is a b*tch move. ND needs to adjust the MP so if you quit out of PSN you get some kind of penalty. There are too many stat-wh*res who abuse this glitch.

Agreed - 1.00 KDR for a certain amount of quits.

Time Penalty.

and Clan back at week 1. Also unable to progress for a week at all.

Message 44 of 63 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
573 posts

Jul 22, 2013
I can't stand quitters. I'm not the bet player but it doesn't matter to me. I only just finished my first 12 week campaign and I'm lvl 25. Lol.

I play the medic role so my kdr is only 0.75, but I still get 5-6k per match so I'm good points wise.

Its just a game...if I lose I lose. I'm I'm getting beat so what, they did better than my team (randoms in mo parties playlist).

They won so what.....I won't be a **bleep**, and quit. I've even gotten mail fon then saying at least I had the balls to stick it out.

The only part I can't stand is getting teabagged by someone on the winning team after a round yet they only have 800pts to my 5000.

At least show some class. Especially when you worthless the worthless team mate on your team.
Message 45 of 63 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
573 posts

Jul 22, 2013
Sorry about the typo. Lol
Message 46 of 63 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3495 posts

Jul 22, 2013

I thought about it and.... Man.. I've quit a couple of games before. 

Why?

I don't care about wining or losing and my friends wanted to play. I left to play with them even if I was having an amazing game. My clans people fulfilled their role. I no longer have any use for them.  

Message 47 of 63 (248 Views)
Fender Bender
3607 posts

Nov 1, 2013

Played 12 matches with a 3 party team in 4 matches maybe 5, more than one person on the other team rage quit. In one match they all quit one shortly after the next when they had 8-9 respawns left!! Ran into one forumer on there, who quit with 3 respawns left, granted he was doing bad. I messaged him why he quit he said he had a mission to do!! Do people still care about missions? Of course I will not reveal his or anyone elses name because no one was rude.

I never quit a match even when my party gets split and it's me vs my 3 teammates. How do people get better if they don't face better competition?? Are these the same type of people who say nerf and claim certan weapons are OP??

Message 48 of 63 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17666 posts

Nov 1, 2013
Peoplle bought the game to enjoy it, whatever that means to them.

If getting stomped by superior players isn't fun, they may quit. And I don't blame them. Their money; their game.

Petiole do care about missions because they are key to unlocking items.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 49 of 63 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
486 posts

Nov 1, 2013

I don't really care about quitting a game or having people quit games i'm part of, i won't tell anyone how they should use their gaming time and in the same sense i won't try to fit into a "how game should be played" mold.

Probably a habit i took for playing thousands of co-op with randoms in Uncharted 3 i guess, if the difficulty who got picked was too low i'd leave. Smiley Surprised

Totally fine if they want to had some kind of penalty for quitting tho, not that it matters in the end.

And why it it even called rage quitting, i'm uttlerly calm when i end up quitting a match. Smiley Tongue

Message 50 of 63 (164 Views)
0 Likes