Sep 14 2013
By: A_Nerd_Slapper Lombax Warrior 200 posts

Recent flamethrower buff...

17 replies 7019 views Edited Sep 14, 2013
Just wanna start off by saying i have used the flamethrower and its cheap 2 loadout points since i started playing MP.

It took awhile but i feel as though i mastered it well before this recent buff. It "was" a cheap side weapon and able to multi kill opponents u get the jump. I cant tell you guys how many times i had flamed a rushing melee trying to one hit me. Seriously and this was before the buff. With one clip i was able to down and insta kill atleast two opponents before having to buy new ammo.

With the new buff, i am not only able to do all of the above. But now i can milk one 30cc tank to kill atleast 3 sometimes 4 enemies before having to buy ammo. Also with the buff i am able to insta kill armored rushers just by aiming down at their legs.

Im not complaining about anything, just merely stating that i feel the flamethrower was fine the way it was, considering only 2 loadouts.

It is now able to down players much quicker, (especially multi players) , and it still only costs a mere 2 points.

Im unsure how the community feels about the buff, but personally i feel it out does any of the purchasables in a short range fight. (Shotgun might have an edge, but is far more expensive to maintain).

Rant over
Message 1 of 18 (7,019 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Re: Recent flamethrower buff...

Sep 14, 2013

A_Nerd_Slapper wrote:

Im not complaining about anything, just merely stating that i feel the flamethrower was fine the way it was, considering only 2 loadouts.

It is now able to down players much quicker, (especially multi players) , and it still only costs a mere 2 points.

Rant over

It needed help.  Your ability is not that of the whole.

Message 2 of 18 (7,015 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Sep 14, 2013
I disagree. Its an always instant kill weapon. Increasing its ammo loadout would have been sufficient. Now its incredible. An incredible nerd slapping machine.
Message 3 of 18 (7,009 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3484 posts

Sep 14, 2013

I don't get it either, the weapon was already fun and satisfying to use, why buff it, it's not like anyone requested a buff for it, did they?

Message 4 of 18 (6,982 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6888 posts

Sep 14, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

I don't get it either, the weapon was already fun and satisfying to use, why buff it, it's not like anyone requested a buff for it, did they?

they didn't directly, but people were getting fed up losing tons of fights with the flamethrower by people just hitting them with 2x4s through the flame.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 5 of 18 (6,969 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4120 posts

Sep 14, 2013
The flamethrower still losesfights to the 2x4 so its not like they really fixed anything.

Personally i would of buffed the flamethrower by

1. Fixing the arnor glitch
2. Increase the rate at which the flames reach its maximum range
3. At a light hit reactionnto the flames

Do all that and the flamethrower would of been fine, no damage buff required.

I think ND took the easy way out by buffing the damage
Message 6 of 18 (6,958 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3484 posts

Sep 14, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

they didn't directly, but people were getting fed up losing tons of fights with the flamethrower by people just hitting them with 2x4s through the flame.

when I come across a 2x4 user it's usually a tie between me with the flamethrower and then getting hit with the 2x4, but the flamethrower is only 2 loadout points, if I wanted to beat the 2x4, I should have used the 3 loadout point shotgun instead, that's a choice I make, but I use the flamethrower because it is more fun and creates those awesome moments in which you burn the whole team, it's a choice, now I think the flamethrower is the obvious choice for everyone...

Message 7 of 18 (6,950 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6888 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 14, 2013

I honestly still rarely see the flamethrower. I still mostly see the shotgun or el diablo anyway as they both still offer the best killing potential when taken into account ranges, damage, and cost compared to other purchaseables. So it isn't a problem to me anyway.

and flamethrower being a tie with a 2x4 was a problem anyway. The fact that something you get in-game for free can consistently down someone with a purchaseable either before or at the same time as them was pretty ridiculous. All the update seemed to do was make the ammo easier to conserve and actually make it not the 2nd worse choice to use in melee range( 1st being machete Smiley Surprised )

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 8 of 18 (6,944 Views)
Naughty Paw
20195 posts

Sep 14, 2013
The Flamethrower is still a rare weapon to see. I always used it before the buff as well and could kill people in the correct situations. I can safely say that the Flamethrower buff was needed, since you could get the jump on people and they could still kill you easily with a stick or other weapon, especially if they had armor on.

It's fine the way it is and needs no changes.
Message 9 of 18 (6,935 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Sep 14, 2013

Charizard used Flamethrower! 

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 10 of 18 (6,918 Views)