I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Re: Recent flamethrower buff...

Sep 14, 2013

The flamethrower was garbage before it recently got buffed. Hands down it was the worst purchasable weapon in the game. The buff actually made it a fun and effective weapon to use. Now it is actually possible to down an opponent with a modded 2x4, that wasn't the case a couple of weeks ago. 

It still requires you to be in CQC to excel with and is by no means OP.

Message 11 of 18 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Sep 14, 2013
It was fun to use in the first place.
Message 12 of 18 (238 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Sep 14, 2013

Maybe as a gimmick weapon against newbs. The thing was total sh!t before the patch.

A_Nerd_Slapper wrote:
It was fun to use in the first place.

Message 13 of 18 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
97 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 14, 2013

The flamethrower is how it should be now.
The lag on the flame stream before was too much.

So many times I would kill the enemy after I had died. It was frustrating. The speed was silly.
It had no real use before. The shotgun was better than it in almost every situation.
If you were in a situation where you had the jump on 2 or 3 people. it was much easier to kill them with the shoptgun than the flamethrower. And yes the shotgun costs more points but it's night and day.

It's a weapon that is very easy to avoid, you just run away or scissor board the person with it.
if anything I think they should probably nerf the range a bit now. 

But easiest way to escape it is to just not try and get close to people. If someone sneaks up on you they could have just shivved you anyways. That and you can usually run right past someone using a flamethrower if you are if you are close to them. You are only usually in trouble if you try and shoot them at close range.

Message 14 of 18 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

Sep 15, 2013
Wasn't entirely necessary at all... I could kill butvhave never been killed by flamethrower yet!
Message 15 of 18 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3570 posts

Sep 15, 2013

The flamethrower is a decent choice ,buff was definitely needed.Anyone who thinks otherwise may not have used it enough to form an educated opinion , think nd nailed it with the update. It still can lose to other purchaseables as well as the 2X4. Fix melee weapons working on stairs and hills.

Message 16 of 18 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3518 posts

Sep 15, 2013

INCANGENERAL wrote:

The flamethrower is a decent choice ,buff was definitely needed.Anyone who thinks otherwise may not have used it enough to form an educated opinion , think nd nailed it with the update. It still can lose to other purchaseables as well as the 2X4. Fix melee weapons working on stairs and hills.

seriously, I used the flamethrower since I unlocked it, at first I wasn't really good with it, but once you get to know how much ammo to use exactly to burn someone, or which distance to attack them, or against which weapons of the opponents, I think it was already great, haven't played the game for a while now, so I can't say about the buff being bad or not, but from my experience with the previous flamethrower, I didn't think a buff was needed, but whatever, if you guys say it's still fine now, then it probably is...

Message 17 of 18 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Sep 15, 2013

It's a beast for controlling CQC spaces such as  the High School corridors.

www.youtube.com/arolsouls - Come by my channel to experience some of the best LoU vids, including sick plays, tutorials, commentaries and general entertaining quality content.
Message 18 of 18 (149 Views)
0 Likes