Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
2812 posts

Re: Reddit AMA with the multiplayer designers today @ 230pm PST!

[ Edited ]
May 9, 2014

"using a loadout that earned a ton of parts (first aid training and reviver) then switching to a loadout with a purchase weapon and spending all your parts"

^ Are you **bleep** kidding me? I remember a certain ND dev confessing the fact that he followed that strategy to get tons of AR ammo & armor. :smileyindifferent:

White plug is fair: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/What-does-the-blinking-white-plug-mean-and-why-is-it-disrupting/m-p/44241158/highlight/true#M106983
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 16 (146 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2041 posts

May 9, 2014

Yup, there was a "that guy" in the AMA.

"Have you guys thought about adding Clickers as random events on certain maps? Or random events in general that affect the map and players in different ways?"

|| Twitter: @L_A_White_Boy ||Twitch: L_A_White_Boy ||
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 16 (142 Views)
Fender Bender
2812 posts

May 9, 2014

"Easing the player's learning curve of the game is something we're definitely thinking about for the future, but for right now the best option for you is probably to play in the Parties Allowed playlist, where you're more likely to meet up with experienced players."

The learning curve is fine thanks to 1.07. Don't make it even easier than it already is.

White plug is fair: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/What-does-the-blinking-white-plug-mean-and-why-is-it-disrupting/m-p/44241158/highlight/true#M106983
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 16 (128 Views)
Fender Bender
2812 posts

May 9, 2014

"We'd love to add more modes, but time and resources limit our opportunity to add anything as large as a game mode. Additionally, splitting up the player base more would cause more issues with matchmaking."

^ Good point, but splitting up the DLC pool was unnecessary.

--

"Your progress from PS3 does not carry over to PS4, but we will be including a supply bonus for accounts that played on the PS3 version to give them a bit of a head start."

^ Good news for TLOU PS3 vets.

--

"Our matchmaking tech treats each playlist as a separate player pool, so the only way to do this is to create a separate No Parties playlist that includes all the DLC. This would split up the player pools even further and make matchmaking more difficult."

^ Agreed.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 16 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4344 posts

May 9, 2014
So they felt the machete/shorty combo, shiv dance, smoke vault, and getting parts through first aid training then switching didn't fit their designer vision.

Fine. Change it. It's their game and I personally love the machete/shorty combo.

I just would like to know how having matches where molotovs are thrown every single encounter fits their design vision.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 16 (112 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

May 10, 2014

l-Silhouettes-l wrote:

" using a loadout that earned a ton of parts (first aid training and reviver) then switching to a loadout with a purchase weapon and spending all your parts."

^ Apparently that was a glitch/exploit, LOL! Who complained about it?

Ok, I'm new here (to the forums)... but really? That's actually frowned upon here? So apparently I've been cheating/abusing the system since release... Seriously don't understand how this is a problem. If ND didn't want you switching load outs they would've locked you into 1 load out for the entire match, which would essentially ruin the game...

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 16 (37 Views)