May 09 2014
By: MacGruber310 Naughty Dog Developer 621 posts

Reddit AMA with the multiplayer designers today @ 230pm PST!

15 replies 735 views Edited May 9, 2014

Lead Multiplayer Designer Erin Daly and myself (Game Designer Quentin Cobb) will be holding a Reddit AMA today at 230pm PST! Come join us and get your MP questions answered directly by the designers. See you online!

Message 1 of 16 (735 Views)
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Re: Reddit AMA with the multiplayer designers today @ 230pm PST!

May 9, 2014

Zombie mode request in 5, 4, 3, 2...

Message 2 of 16 (729 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4821 posts

May 9, 2014

Smiley Very HappyDD inb4infected/coopquestions

tlousig2
Message 3 of 16 (629 Views)
First Son
6 posts

May 9, 2014
Pls do an ama on **bleep**. Reddit sucks.
Message 4 of 16 (597 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2812 posts

May 9, 2014

Mocking Co-op fans is not cool. I'm a Competitive player myself, but that doesn't mean that I have to disrespect Co-op folks. I don't understand the selfishness/shortsightedness of this forum.

It would be cool if there was a Co-op/Horde mode, because more people would be enticed to play the MP (SP -> Co-op -> Competitive). SP -> Competitive is too harsh for n00bs/newcomers.

I think it's technically possible to implement an exclusive Co-op mode for the PS4 version, but I also think that ND is too lazy to do that, lol.

Message 5 of 16 (500 Views)
I Only Post Everything
847 posts

[ Edited ]
May 9, 2014

MacGruber310 wrote:

Lead Multiplayer Designer Erin Daly and myself (Game Designer Quentin Cobb) will be holding a Reddit AMA today at 230pm PST! Come join us and get your MP questions answered directly by the designers. See you online!

I have no idea what the h3ll this is.  I clicked on the Reddit AMA, but I am taken to a website that looks like it was designed in about 5 minutes, back in the mid 90's.  Is my computer broken or is this site relaly designed by a 10 year old?

Looks like garbage.

Apparently the world of scarcity does not apply to all the moronic posters on this forum.
Message 6 of 16 (477 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2222 posts

[ Edited ]
May 9, 2014

DJ_AMs_Crackpipe wrote:

MacGruber310 wrote:

I have no idea what the h3ll this is.  I clicked on the Reddit AMA, but I am taken to a website that looks like it was designed in about 5 minutes, back in the mid 90's, by a 10 year old.  Is my computer broken?

Here's the real link:

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/255ssk/iama_erin_daly_lead_multiplayer_designer_and/

And "AMA" means "Ask Me Anything". It's pretty much a Q&A forum cite. But in this case it's "AUA" or "Ask Us Anything" since there is more than one person answering questions. Smiley Happy

|| Twitter: @L_A_White_Boy ||Twitch: L_A_White_Boy ||
Message 7 of 16 (468 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1505 posts

May 9, 2014

and the official response to the mysteriously disappearing customization items is...

"Those were items we were testing. We can't say at this point whether they'll be released or not."

Yeah right... testing them for what? They're cosmetic items, they obviously worked, and they looked finished to me. Was the clown mask OP? Testing to see if the GIF gesture gave you infinite parts?

We're not stupid ND, we know they are upcoming DLC that you accidentally forgot to lock in the patch. 

Message 8 of 16 (440 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1060 posts

May 9, 2014

We need the sweet tooth mask

hkgk

Message 9 of 16 (427 Views)
Fender Bender
2812 posts

May 9, 2014

"There were lots of things players did that we didn't expect. Vaulting to void being stunned by a smoke bomb, the "Shiv Dance", slicing with a machete and switching to the shorty to quickly down, using a loadout that earned a ton of parts (first aid training and reviver) then switching to a loadout with a purchase weapon and spending all your parts."

^ Apparently that was a glitch/exploit, LOL! Who complained about it?

Message 10 of 16 (417 Views)