Aug 19 2013
By: mcm127 First Son 7 posts

Regarding support

65 replies 429 views Edited Aug 19, 2013
So, I hope the ND devs take into consideration that support does in fact earn too many parts. Now I play support, I'm not crying for a nerf, I am thinking that maybe we can do something for the slayers to earn more parts.

The game is about killing I know support plays A huge role obviously as well. But the slayers are working just as hard or harder, the parts earnings should be closer I think, maybe if they could get 30 pts extra for the down or execute or something.

Just a thought

I love this game btw. Absolutely love it
Message 1 of 66 (429 Views)
Lombax Warrior
75 posts

Re: Regarding support

Aug 19, 2013
The game actually isn't about killing. It's more based around surviving and teamwork
Message 2 of 66 (418 Views)
Sackboy
441 posts

Aug 19, 2013

Also, what should the extra parts apply to? I am a supportive guy, but sometimes I also get most of the kills and executions (behold the power of the 9mm!), should I get extra parts, too? Because with Crafter, Reviver and FAT I get more than enough already. Heck, I wouldn't mind though to be awarded for almost single-handedly defeating an entire team. Which is rare. Very rare. At least for me.

GRAB
Message 3 of 66 (415 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Aug 19, 2013

beansalog wrote:
The game actually isn't about killing. It's more based around surviving and teamwork

^ This.

It's called Supply Raid for a reason. It's not Team Deathmatch.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 4 of 66 (410 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
938 posts

Aug 19, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

beansalog wrote:

^ This.

It's called Supply Raid for a reason. It's not Team Deathmatch.

Ok, it is not Team Deathmatch but I agree to what the OP says. It certainly isn't about killing but killing is what gets you the win in the end? Not just raiding the supplies. If both the teams were to just run around hiding and doing team work while killing no one then the game would just be a tie in the end, right? So.. the guys who do the killing must be given a wee bit of hello's and how-do-you-do's, right? Here we have a situation where if you run with a support/aggressive perk you'd get nothing :-/

Again, like the OP says - not talking about nerfing anything but just that the support guys seem to be the scum of this world.

-RyukDG

My YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/TheRyukDG || My Twitch: www.twitch.tv/TheRyukDG
Message 5 of 66 (402 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Aug 19, 2013

Increasing parts for executions will just lead to more "kill stealing"... just sayin'.

Winning is important, but what's more important is having fun. There's no WLR in this game, so I don't worry too much about that.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 6 of 66 (388 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Aug 19, 2013
But you can't win unless you kill opposing players. The guy killing is helping the raid also right? He's providing you with time to get your supply boxes and he's risking his life just the same. We can all run around the map crafting but then the game would end in a tie.

You don't collect items to turn in to a common goal. You have to kill.

I am not calling for revamp modes here. Just some more love for the guy who goes 12-3 with 13 executions. While I go 3-1 with 3 revives and 6 gifts given out.
Message 7 of 66 (372 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 19, 2013

I'm afraid you don't see the big picture, so I'll repeat myself:

Increasing parts for executions will just lead to more "kill stealing". Increasing parts for downs will lead to more selfish behavior as well.

When you make suggestions, you also need to think of possible side effects. People on these forums rarely do that.

It's balanced as it is. ND already catered to those people by including a KDR leaderboard, even though they shouldn't.

Message 8 of 66 (361 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Aug 19, 2013
Like if both teams were trying to get 3000 parts then I could understand what all the "it's not TDM" topics are about. But it is in the end. With a very good twist.

I just think the slayers need some more love. They do a lot for the team too.

And I also believe w/l should be tracked. Most of the people play competitive mp to win.
Message 9 of 66 (355 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 19, 2013

mcm127 wrote:

And I also believe w/l should be tracked. Most of the people play competitive mp to win.

Again, you fail to see the big picture.

Have you played Uncharted MP? Do you know that people XMB RQ to avoid getting a loss?

Message 10 of 66 (351 Views)