Jun 29 2013
By: LordChaosVII First Son 15 posts

Region Block

34 replies 336 views Edited Jun 29, 2013

I would LOVE region blocking. I hate hate hate running into lobbies where everyone is speaking a language different from mine, and I'm sure it's equally annoying the other way round. 

Message 1 of 35 (336 Views)
Sackboy
385 posts

Re: Region Block

Jun 29, 2013

Which would you prefer?

1. 30 minutes or more waiting between matches.

2. Occasionally hearing a language other than your own.

If you go with number 1, the majority disagree with you, and I think you're an idiot. If you go with number 2, it's easy to see why nobody else wants this "feature".

----V^^^V----
I want my meals to think for myself
Message 2 of 35 (332 Views)
First Son
15 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 29, 2013

The game is the reason I sold off my xbox and bought a ps3. I have had many local people buy the game through my ability to sell it to em. That being said, I'm sure that there are more than enough people playing in the NA regions for it to be locked to which region. 

The whole looking for a match selection is a fail. 

Also, this is a game that is better with team conversation, soooo hearing that annoying French or Arabic just sucks. 

Message 3 of 35 (324 Views)
First Son
15 posts

Jun 29, 2013
And it isn't occasionally. I know that after a certain time in the NA traditional people sleep, and with the time difference the EU players are on, but I've played loads of MP games that this isn't an issue
Message 4 of 35 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
385 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 29, 2013

Another question for you:

What about someone who - like me - is nocturnal? I'm sleeping during most people's gaming primetime for my region. So I wake up, and because the game is region locked, I'm not allowed to play? Just no.

And one more:

How is this meant to help people in Europe? They're going to have French, English, German, etc. all spoken in the same game, because all those languages are spoken in their region. And for NA, there's still a good chance you'll get Spanish speakers and occasional French Canadians in your region so it won't get rid of the "problem" anyway.

If you don't like dealing with people who speak a different language to your own, PARTY UP WITH PEOPLE WHO SPEAK YOUR LANGUAGE.

EDIT: And you still didn't address my first question. Would you be willing to see literally half-hour minimum wait times for games in order to avoid people speaking other languages?

----V^^^V----
Message 5 of 35 (320 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Jun 29, 2013

Because your first question doesn't make sense. I can play CoD, MAG, Red Dead, GTA any game that has a multiplayer on either platform and not wait hours on hours to play a game with only people in my area. 

At week 1 this is the sale number: 1,166,632

So I guess I'm back to my earlier confussion on why it would take long to find a game with a region lock?

Or an optional region lock. 

Message 6 of 35 (311 Views)
I Only Post Everything
938 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 29, 2013

LordChaosVII wrote:

I would LOVE region blocking. I hate hate hate running into lobbies where everyone is speaking a language different from mine, and I'm sure it's equally annoying the other way round. 

To help with this; there is actually a whole thread on this where Ping toggle is an "option" not a compulsion. For this, I side to and agree with where I can choose if I want to play with people within my geographical region or no.

If this becomes "locked" where it sounds as though it wouldn't be an option then trust me, ALL of us would have problems. For people like me who live in a country that does not speak the language they know *cough* English... its all the same from a language perspective.

For a better experience, yes, an "option" would be great where you as an individual who has all the time could wait for x minutes to find a lobby which gives you 4/5 bars.

The thread for your reference: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-les...

Cheers!~

-RyukDG

My YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/TheRyukDG || My Twitch: www.twitch.tv/TheRyukDG
Message 7 of 35 (308 Views)
First Son
15 posts

Jun 29, 2013
HAHAHA thanks for the thread link.
Message 8 of 35 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
385 posts

Jun 29, 2013

LordChaosVII wrote:

Because your first question doesn't make sense. I can play CoD, MAG, Red Dead, GTA any game that has a multiplayer on either platform and not wait hours on hours to play a game with only people in my area. 

At week 1 this is the sale number: 1,166,632

So I guess I'm back to my earlier confussion on why it would take long to find a game with a region lock?

Or an optional region lock. 

Optional regional search (preferably with default to worldwide)is totally different from a region LOCK though.

I'm not against an option to search within your region. I'm against the game being LOCKED by region.

And just because someone in one of the most well-populated regions for gaming on the planet can find matches quickly in the biggest-name games on one of the higher-population current-gen gaming consoles, doesn't mean that's the case for the majority of the world. Particularly when we consider that you're probably playing during the busiest times for gaming in your region (which means you're more likely to find people from your region than not anyway)

America may be one of the most heavily populated regions, but the remainder of the world across several regions is still a larger population.

Also, this game has been promoted with a heavy focus on single player, unlike CoD and MAG and Battlefield (none of which are region locked, by the way), you can't reasonably expect even the majority of TLoU purchases to lead into the person playing MP.

You say you can find a match in ANY game with multiplayer without waiting very long. Armored Core V is region-locked. Try playing outside of the usual gaming primetime, and see how quickly you find a game.

----V^^^V----
Message 9 of 35 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jun 29, 2013

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-les...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 10 of 35 (282 Views)