Aug 24 2013
By: Spinosaure Hekseville Citizen 245 posts

Revalorizing Strategist

30 replies 533 views Edited Aug 24, 2013

Hi there !

I think we can all agree that Strategist is the most useless perk of TLOU MP.

Why ?

• Because when you're marked, you can hear clearly the voice of the ennemy who has marked you, making level 1 useless.
  • Besides, the range of the radar is ridiculous : the ennemy has to be 1 meter near you in order to be shown on your radar (so level 2 is useless too).
  • The only interesting aspects are the decreased respawn time and the ability to spawn directly on your teammates, but it costs way too much : 5 LP.

In my opinion, this is how Strategist should be build :

• Level 1 : ability to spawn on your teammates 2 LP
  • Level 2 : ability to spawn on your teammate + enemy who has marked you is SHOWN on your radar (same duration as mark) + respawn time is decreased 4 LP
  • Level 3 : ability to spawn on your teammates + enemy who has marked you is SHOWN on your radar (same duration as mark) + respawn time is decreased + every enemy in 10 meters is shown on your radar (doesn't work if your ennemy is crouch walking with covert training 2 and doesn't work whith covert training 3 when walking) 5 LP

So what do you think ?

Message 1 of 31 (533 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
674 posts

I mostly play Survivors so the higher levels of Strategis...

[ Edited ]
Aug 24, 2013

I mostly play Survivors so the higher levels of Strategist are completely useless to me. And yeah, if you keep your ears peeled you can hear when an enemy has marked you or someone on your team.

A better solution would be to remove that short range radar nonsense and just merge this skill with Hawk-eyed.

Message 2 of 31 (528 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1350 posts

Re: I mostly play Survivors so the higher levels of Strategis...

Aug 24, 2013

Really? I think Strategist is quite good, definitely a mid-tier skill. I'd think Marathon Runner or Collector are in competition for the worst.

Message 3 of 31 (518 Views)
First Son
20 posts

Re: Revalorizing Strategist

Aug 24, 2013

Hmm, sounds good, but what about Survivors, I think Stratagist Level 1 in Survivors should be you spawn at the nearest supply box from your teams spawn, or scramble enemies radar when health is below 50 (or 25) HP

Message 4 of 31 (509 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6880 posts

Aug 24, 2013

Covert Training hands down worst survival skill in the game.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 5 of 31 (503 Views)
First Son
20 posts

Aug 24, 2013

Now that's not entriely true, just because it doesn't work for some doesn't mean it wont work for others, I find myself doing 10x better when using Covert Training than any other skill, I mean I only use CT and Crafter and I do a hell of a lot better than people using any other skills.

Message 6 of 31 (494 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4324 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 24, 2013

Your level 3 suggestion is crazily overpowered. Awful.

Change it to 

• Level 1 : ability to spawn on your teammates 2 LP
  • Level 2 : ability to spawn on your teammate + respawn time is decreased 4 LP
  • Level 3:  ability to spawn on your teammate + respawn time is decreasedenemy who has marked you becomes marked TO you (not on radar) 6pts

and you may be onto something

Message 7 of 31 (478 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
245 posts

Aug 24, 2013

monkeybutler100 wrote:

Change it to 

• Level 3:  ability to spawn on your teammate + respawn time is decreasedenemy who has marked you becomes marked TO you (not on radar) 6pts

Yeah but in that case, it's the same effect as level 2, you just put it in different words. ^^

And I think it's not so OP with the ability to counter it with covert training.

Message 8 of 31 (467 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1350 posts

Aug 24, 2013

Spinosaure wrote:

monkeybutler100 wrote:

Change it to 

Yeah but in that case, it's the same effect as level 2, you just put it in different words. ^^

And I think it's not so OP with the ability to counter it with covert training.

No, he said that when an enemy marks you, the skill marks him, too. As it is now, it just tells you "You've been Marked", unlike what he said.

Message 9 of 31 (446 Views)
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 25, 2013

Covert 2 and 3 is NOT useless.

Marathon Runner underrated. MY secret to low deaths.

These 2 skills are useless if you want lots of parts. I stopped playing for clan that's why these skills work for me. Smiley Wink

Level 1: Enemies in 3 metres range shown on your radar. - 2LP

Level 2: Enemies in 3 metres range shown on your radar. Ability to spawn on teammate - 4LP

Level 3: Enemies in 3 metres range shown on your radar. Ability to spawn on teammate earlier.

Enemy who marked you becomes marked on radar. - 6LP

With exception to spawn on teammates, the rest it doesn't affect players with Covert 2 (when crouch walk), 3 (can't be marked).

Just a suggestion. Smiley Wink It can't be called "Strategist" for fun.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join or Support us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheLastOfUsVideos

Visit my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - www.twitter.com/mrsjimmymare

Message 10 of 31 (394 Views)
0 Likes