Wastelander
820 posts

Re: Revalorizing Strategist

Aug 27, 2013

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:
My opinion.
It shouldnt even be in the game.
%&@# every type of situational awareness.

*%#% every type of way for people to sneak around hiding. (covert)

The Kingdom of Longbow shall reign forever, for it is written in the stars above~
Message 21 of 31 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 27, 2013

the way i see it, its a counter to covert training. not a great counter, mind you, but ok...ish.

tier 1 is useful because enemy not always shouts 'uniform!' etc. and you get a big heads up that potentially its time to **bleep**.

tier 2, even though i find it very random (sometimes it does show enemies, sometimes it doesnt), is still decent vs covert training pros. if theres a lot of enemies using CT and/or im getting killed by CT players a lot ill switch to a loadout with strategist.

tier 3 is useless for me since i prefer survivors and basically play only that.

generally its ok the way it is imo. maybe make tier 2 more clear about who exactly is shown and from what distance and tweak tier 3 so that it would do something in both modes, thats all.

Message 22 of 31 (201 Views)
Wastelander
820 posts

Aug 27, 2013

bialy0021 wrote:

the way i see it, its a counter to covert training. not a great counter, mind you, but ok...ish.

tier 1 is useful because enemy not always shouts 'uniform!' etc. and you get a big heads up that potentially its time to **bleep**.

tier 2, even though i find it very random (sometimes it does show enemies, sometimes it doesnt), is still decent vs covert training pros. if theres a lot of enemies using CT and/or im getting killed by CT players a lot ill switch to a loadout with strategist.

tier 3 is useless for me since i prefer survivors and basically play only that.

generally its ok the way it is imo. maybe make tier 2 more clear about who exactly is shown and from what distance and tweak tier 3 so that it would do something in both modes, thats all.

Ya lvl 3 is useless i never play supply raid. The radar is very short range but it comes in handy if you are camping around corners a lot or in a two story house were they come under you. I wish the radar was buffed about x2 and the mark warning is extremly useful, more useful than covert 3 no mark because you can still get shot with not being marked, so id rather know im spotted and get the h*** out lol

The Kingdom of Longbow shall reign forever, for it is written in the stars above~
Message 23 of 31 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4129 posts

Aug 28, 2013
I gave Strategist 3 a solid 10 games. It sucks. It doesn't show anyone on the mini map. And the 5 points for spawn advantages is way to high. Just remove this "skill".
Message 24 of 31 (166 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
269 posts

Aug 28, 2013

Strat 1-3 is total garbage. Glad it is getting re-worked. Only question is will anybody be around to see it?

Message 25 of 31 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Aug 28, 2013

i like strategist the way it is i cant remember the range that oppenents show when they are near you but I like it the way it is I know if someone is sprinting near you they will already show on the map but do they need to show maybe you have to decide for yourself where someone is when you here them sprinting.

No Aim Assist.
Message 26 of 31 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
245 posts

Aug 28, 2013

rottenfruityum wrote:

i like strategist the way it is i cant remember the range that oppenents show when they are near you but I like it the way it is I know if someone is sprinting near you they will already show on the map but do they need to show maybe you have to decide for yourself where someone is when you here them sprinting.

Currently, the ennemy is showed when he's really close to you, less than 1 meter or so. I've checked it a few times with friends in private match, so when I read people who find this perk really useful, I am wondering if we have bought the same game ... There is only one aspect which is actually useful : the ability to spawn on your teammates.

Message 27 of 31 (125 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
942 posts

Sep 26, 2013

stradegist radar rules when you use shotguns and shortys. its the perfect answer for those covert noobs who dont show up on radar.

Message 28 of 31 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
248 posts

Sep 26, 2013
Strategist is useful in Interrogation only.

I think Level 1 should show enemies in 2 meters. 10 meters is INSANE.
I think Strategist only needs 2 levels instead of 3 as well.
~Do the Impossible, See the Invisible~
 photo 751de066-2c16-41a9-adff-091a26c3fdf9.jpg
Message 29 of 31 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
146 posts

Sep 26, 2013
strategist 2 works perfect when someone is above you or below, for example in High School or Checkpoint maps, also, a good way to show in the radar when someone attempts to camp you.

i think it's very useful.