Uncharted Territory
1206 posts

Re: Revisiting the 9mm (Rev. comparison)

Dec 21, 2013

TvvistedMind wrote:
9mm, silenced or not with sharpshooter 3, long as it's just you and 1-2 people you're life will stay high.

If they are wearing armor and helmet? SS doesn't help much because even if you can get headshots in, you will have to first break the helmet before getting some health back...

Art by Janice Chu
Message 31 of 41 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

Dec 21, 2013
@foofighter2634
"If they are wearing armor and helmet? SS doesn't help much because even if you can get headshots in, you will have to first break the helmet before getting some health back..."

that is not true. sharpshooter gives hp on headshot regardless of wheter the enemy is wearing a helmet or not.
Message 32 of 41 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
441 posts

Dec 22, 2013
@bialy0021
I did not know that, even better.

@foofighter2634
then shoot at the legs, well thats my natural instinct for anyone wearing armor.
Message 33 of 41 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1528 posts

Dec 22, 2013
It's also a gamble aiming for the head in an actual fight. The high fire rate of the 9mm will help, but you'll still be missing shots as your reticle kicks up over their head from them shooting your body. No ammount of pain wobble reduction is going to stop it.

Also, while the 9mm is a decent weapon against one person, it's difficult to roll from one enemy to the next very quickly. Using 5 of your 10 shots for a down w/o headshots means that if you miss a single shot you'll have to reload before you can take out anybody else, AND it means that even if you do land every bullet you won't be executing with it.
Message 34 of 41 (213 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
925 posts

Dec 23, 2013

Bizzerker_Bauer wrote:
It's also a gamble aiming for the head in an actual fight. The high fire rate of the 9mm will help, but you'll still be missing shots as your reticle kicks up over their head from them shooting your body. No ammount of pain wobble reduction is going to stop it.

Also, while the 9mm is a decent weapon against one person, it's difficult to roll from one enemy to the next very quickly. Using 5 of your 10 shots for a down w/o headshots means that if you miss a single shot you'll have to reload before you can take out anybody else, AND it means that even if you do land every bullet you won't be executing with it.

Ive had high ranked people try to fight me with a 9mm walmart special before and me wearing armor and weilding a flamethrower, the results were obvious. They got toasted and i said to myself.. "they are either dumb or cocky".

Message 35 of 41 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Dec 23, 2013
In my opinion the 9mm needs more ammo

Or cheaper ammo

Or more starting ammo

Or more ammo picked up from boxes and kills.
Everything else is fine with it.
Message 36 of 41 (177 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1173 posts

Feb 3, 2014
Although this is an old thread, yea, the 9mm could def. use a buff towards ammo from boxes, kills, and spawns.
Skill, Coordination, and Experience will lead a team to victory.
Message 37 of 41 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5167 posts

Feb 3, 2014
Because it sucks?

Put it in with the worst loadout choices that include the bow, and pistol autozoom.
Message 38 of 41 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

Feb 3, 2014
9mm doesnt suck. its pretty good but suffers a lot against armour just like other weapons with the same dmg per bullet and headshot multiplier (namely burst and assault rifle).

whats funny, 9mm has a better bullets to break armour to bullets to down ratio than revolver (3/5 vs 2/3).
Message 39 of 41 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
39 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 3, 2014

RyokuSonic wrote:
Although this is an old thread, yea, the 9mm could def. use a buff towards ammo from boxes, kills, and spawns.

THIS. /\ The 9mm has roughly the same ammo as the revolver, but does 3/5ths the damage. so with 12 bullets for example, you can down 4 people, or you can down 2. I don't wanna say the 9 mm is terrible, but it's pound for pound less effective than the revolver. you can sneak 3 shots on a dude before they're able to react right, but 5 shots? hmm...

Basically, if it's supposed to be on par with the revolver, it needs more ammo. Simple and plain.

It's a fun weapon, but I hardly think of it as an effective weapon. It is very much a "side" arm, where a revolver can in a pinch, be the whole shabang.  I have a lot of classes that use just one gun, and you can solo the revolver (put 300 points in it and you're LAUGHING), but have you tried soloing a pistol?

I have a little expression for stuff like this, it reminds me how much I don't like the pistol when I cave and use it 'kuz it's fun. The expression goes: "You know what's not like doing more damage? doing LESS damage"

The only edge that the 9 mm has for my money is it can be silenced, but for 2 points? shoot, just get a flamey and a revolver and you're already WAYY more dangerous than whatever you were planning. The flamer is "silent" too after all. (Of course anybody can hear it everywhere, but it doesn't do the radar thing)

Message 40 of 41 (81 Views)
0 Likes