May 22 2014
By: MitchRico Wastelander 708 posts

Rushing

63 replies 597 views Edited May 22, 2014
Do you do it? Why?

I personally like to take my time and enjoy flanking and close up fights. But lately, I've seen a big increase in teams that rush. Like by the time you get to the second box, they are waiting with a shiv behind a wall lol. There is no right way to play the game, but this tactic really annoys me. Especially when I play by myself. These teams kill off all the noobs in the first 15 seconds of the game. I was talking with one team and they said they get a lot of hatemail for it. I don't know people think about hatemail, but if you get a ton, you're not "doing something right," you're a d**che.
Message 1 of 64 (597 Views)
Sackboy
441 posts

Re: Rushing

May 22, 2014
Good way to test how the other team reacts. The "this is a stealth only game" players are usually the ones who can't handle an overwhelming situation.
If they can stand their ground then usually I try to be more careful when it's time for a Zergling Rush.
Also it's a nice last minute Hooyah if the time is running out or low on lives.
Message 2 of 64 (588 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
708 posts

May 22, 2014
I occasionally rush when the time is right. I don't really understand the whole rush from the second the game starts though. It happens mostly on survivors.
Message 3 of 64 (585 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17632 posts

[ Edited ]
May 22, 2014

MitchRico wrote:
Do you do it? Why?

I personally like to take my time and enjoy flanking and close up fights. But lately, I've seen a big increase in teams that rush. 

And another mentions this.   

I am becoming one of those.  if I can tell you're alone, I'll come duel with you.  Whatever you have versus me and my Enforcer.  You're going to need a power weapon to win, by which time I probably have the Spectre...

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 4 of 64 (574 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

May 22, 2014

You just gotta lock it down when they are rushing like that, hang round your spawn and cover your teamates until you whittle the enemy team down, then craft and search toolboxes, and finish them off. Watching your buddies back is one of the most important things for me anyway. It still is pretty difficult when your playing with randoms though, they tend to walk off and get shot full of holes rather then support there teamates. Also check your corners, those covert/agility users usually rush to your side of the map within the first few seconds. Punks.

Message 5 of 64 (555 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3192 posts

May 22, 2014

People rush because it's very effective.

I don't do it, but I wouldn't get annoyed by it. There are plenty of ways to stop a rusher.

And as for hatemail being an indicator of d**cheness, well, I'd say people get upset when they can't handle something. The only "D**ches" are the ones sending the hatemail.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3vPDpbsHk_L1zuIelKwTxw

MGSV S rank walkthrough in progress.
Message 6 of 64 (554 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

May 22, 2014

Trust me, it's either because they're stupid and they think it's better to play like COD, or the other team is full of noobs. You can't really rush a good team, or you'll get your **bleep** beat. They'll probably do it if your team is noobish. Occasionally, I always bump into those parties where the other team is only good for rushing, and of course, I'm stuck with noobs.

Message 7 of 64 (537 Views)
Wastelander
708 posts

May 22, 2014
Nidhogr, I can see that being true too. Both sides are d-bags. It's weird how my friends and I never get hatemail though...
Message 8 of 64 (517 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
267 posts

May 22, 2014

friggin shotguns *shakes head sadly*

--------------------
besssst coast.
Message 9 of 64 (513 Views)
Wastelander
708 posts

May 22, 2014
Yeah perhaps we should talk about how to counter the rushing team. What works best for you guys?
Message 10 of 64 (508 Views)
0 Likes