Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Re: Rushing

May 22, 2014

MitchRico wrote:
Yeah perhaps we should talk about how to counter the rushing team. What works best for you guys?

I don't think anyone thought about this ever before...

Weapons and throwables.

:smileysurprised:

#Parts4Teabag :smileyvery-happy:
---
My utoobz : http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdKVpXPI_F9nBDU4KQKXDLw
Message 11 of 64 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2355 posts

May 22, 2014

What works best:

A charge or a stand with partial cover?

It's obvious. Watch ZULU. I think it's a 1963 film. The thin red line.

My NoobTube Channel

Campaign for CHICKEN MASK!

Message 12 of 64 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

May 22, 2014

I'm the Agility + Covert user. When the game starts I run straight for enemy team. When I notice them, or reach around middle of the map (where they can see me sprinting on radar) I start to crouch and try to find the enemy team and either flank them, or try to kill lone straglers. Sometimes I camp supply boxes and pick off crafters. For this I use Bow and Enforcer if I need something faster and more reliable.

I guess it can be pretty annoying for the enemy team, especially crafters.

Rushing the enemy team with power weapons like Shotgun, Spectre, Flamethrower etc isn't my thing. That's really like any other generic shooter game out there. I may use those weapons, but only to counter the very same weapons in the hands of the enemy team, or to deal with guys with Brawler. I used to be able to Shiv those Rocky wannabes, but stupid ND removed that, so I have to rely on power weapons instead. Wasting Loadout Points...

Lately I noticed quite a few people rushing with BR and HR scoring multiple super quick headshots utterly pwning the other team. When coupled with 1-2 bar pings that gets much more annoying than Shotgun + armor heroes.

Message 13 of 64 (221 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

May 22, 2014
It's simple. Just ask yourself:

What would Rambo do?
"You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friends nose"
~ Billy, from Grim Adventures Of Billy And Mandy
Message 14 of 64 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2355 posts

May 22, 2014

"What would Rambo do?"

he would cry into Trautman's arms about his lost buddy then retire to Burma to compete in snake juggling competitions.

My NoobTube Channel

Message 15 of 64 (210 Views)
Wastelander
609 posts

May 22, 2014
Lol Rambo would raw dog those chumps.
Message 16 of 64 (207 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

May 22, 2014
Then cry and raw dog we shall!
"You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friends nose"
~ Billy, from Grim Adventures Of Billy And Mandy
Message 17 of 64 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2355 posts

May 22, 2014

What about snake juggling?

Bombs beat rushers.

My NoobTube Channel

Message 18 of 64 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
441 posts

May 22, 2014
Easy to stop a rush, find cover and stand your ground or back off, craft, [if possible], then ambush/rush.
Message 19 of 64 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3667 posts

[ Edited ]
May 22, 2014

Even when you play "No Parties" you gotta stay with a teammate or two. I like to have at least 1 level of Reviver on because I assume were going to die a lot :smileyvery-happy:
I just keep picking them back up whenever possible. Charge up the Spectre with 2+ purchased clips and wait for my moment later in the match.

What I don't do anymore us try to lead the noobs/randoms. I don't go first. I don't complain when they don't revive or steal my kill (not on the mic anyway :smileywink: ). I just hang near a group or one player. Watching his back. They seem to be more likely tohelp me as well.

Point is to hang with your team as much as ppossible. Even randumb. Then EXPECT the rush. Assume the other team is rushing. Warn your team on the mic. Mark, call out, try to cordinate who is going right and whos going left..

I just expect the rush now. And it doesnt bother me as much.

Message 20 of 64 (193 Views)