Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Re: Rushing

May 23, 2014

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:

Even when you play "No Parties" you gotta stay with a teammate or two. I like to have at least 1 level of Reviver on because I assume were going to die a lot Smiley Very Happy
I just keep picking them back up whenever possible. Charge up the Spectre with 2+ purchased clips and wait for my moment later in the match.

What I don't do anymore us try to lead the noobs/randoms. I don't go first. I don't complain when they don't revive or steal my kill (not on the mic anyway Smiley Wink ). I just hang near a group or one player. Watching his back. They seem to be more likely tohelp me as well.

Point is to hang with your team as much as ppossible. Even randumb. Then EXPECT the rush. Assume the other team is rushing. Warn your team on the mic. Mark, call out, try to cordinate who is going right and whos going left..

I just expect the rush now. And it doesnt bother me as much.

While it is better to stick with a teammate or two, there are stupid people out there who blow your cover if you're trying to flank. Like seriously, sometimes I feel like they put glue on my **bleep**.... Smiley Indifferent

#Parts4Teabag Smiley Very Happy
---
My utoobz : http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdKVpXPI_F9nBDU4KQKXDLw
Message 21 of 64 (256 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3959 posts

May 23, 2014
Let them be human shields and pick them up.
Message 22 of 64 (254 Views)
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

May 23, 2014

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:
Let them be human shields and pick them up.

I need ma shivs foo'.

#Parts4Teabag Smiley Very Happy
---
My utoobz : http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdKVpXPI_F9nBDU4KQKXDLw
Message 23 of 64 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
200 posts

Hello, old sport.

May 23, 2014

One would think rushers would actually know a thing or two about what they're doing. You'd be surprised to how they freeze in place when you're responding with the same side of the coin. Because you're actually quite versed in the dark arts.

I like rushing, but not in the traditional sense. I like their rushing to be exact, since I'm a burst rigle user.

Some tips I would give for defending for such a situation, for non Moses individuals, is simply use shark tactics. What I mean by that, is stand your ground, find cover, disappear behind it, then Batman your way behind the rushers and make them say hello to your very, very big friend.

Counter rushing is an art. And I...am a master.

"There is the moral of all human tales;
‘Tis but the same rehearsal of the past,
First freedom, and then glory — when that fails,
Wealth, vice, corruption — barbarism at last."
Message 24 of 64 (220 Views)
Fender Bender
3383 posts

May 23, 2014
Rather face a team full of rushers than a team full of campers.
Message 25 of 64 (193 Views)
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
May 23, 2014

there are certainly alot of rushers who are just bad players but I am also seeing some rushers who are very good at getting a large number of kills when they rush although they also tend to be the ones who get killed alot themselves - it adds another level of strategy to play and I will either rush with the good players to offer support (and hope the rest of our team follow) or go the opposite direction to the bad ones and flank the other team - an average team will usually all focus on one or two people rushing but then you get the good teams where someone else will flank your flank

Message 26 of 64 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1174 posts

May 23, 2014
If you're a **bleep** for using non-glitching/camping/hacking tactics in a video game to win, then something is very wrong with your sense of competition.
Skill, Coordination, and Experience will lead a team to victory.
Message 27 of 64 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2121 posts

Re: Hello, old sport.

May 23, 2014

MosesTransports wrote:

Counter rushing is an art. And I...am a master.

Moses knows what he's talking about.

Message 28 of 64 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

[ Edited ]
May 23, 2014

RyokuSonic wrote:
If you're a **bleep** for using non-glitching/camping/hacking tactics in a video game to win, then something is very wrong with your sense of competition.

camping?

as much as i 'dislike' it its nothing more than a tactic, just like rushing. putting it next to hacking is silly.

yes, camping/turtling is usually the easiest way to play but it falls on dev to balance the game so that different playstyles are rewarded.

Message 29 of 64 (162 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1174 posts

May 23, 2014
@bialy0021
You can call it a legit tactic, but I lack respect for campers. If every team played as campers, the score would tie at 20:20
Skill, Coordination, and Experience will lead a team to victory.
Message 30 of 64 (151 Views)
0 Likes