Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5843 posts

Re: Rushing

May 24, 2014

I define rushing as basically the polar opposite of camping. Someone who constantly pushes forward without giving you a break, it doesn't necessarily have to be people running at you with strong weapons, rather just someone that doesn't let you breath.

While people running at you decked out in armour with shotguns or modded 2x4s fall in this category. I also feel that the people who don't give you time to craft at the beginning of the match and just immediately attack you rush as well, as well as people who push you back into your spawn, immediately attacking you only seconds after you spawn, again not letting you breath.

I see it as a risk vs. reward kinda thing, since when I see a team rush it will usually end in 1 whole team dying depending on who is much more equipped to handle themselves. But that is plain rushing, there is then much more skillful rushing with coordinated attacks, incorporating stealth, and other weapons into the mix to constantly take the enemy by surprise.

In short, people rush so they don't let the enemy gain their footing and take advantage of this. I think it's legit

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 64 (113 Views)
Fender Bender
2239 posts

May 24, 2014

Hear hear ^

My NoobTube Channel

Campaign for CHICKEN MASK!

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 64 (111 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

May 24, 2014
So me, a bow wielding covert Agility man, flanking the enemy team, hittin em from the back, usually collecting supplies on the way unless I hear a shootout in which case I try to hurt hurry (sometimes by the time I'm there my team have actually managed to die within a minute) Am I technically...a rusher?
My god. I always thought myself a high risk sneaky little lone wolf ... Not a rusher.
I think I'm gonna cry.
I'll still probably carry on.
"You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friends nose"
~ Billy, from Grim Adventures Of Billy And Mandy
Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 64 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2239 posts

May 24, 2014

Hitting hard and fast = Rusher.

My NoobTube Channel

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 64 (97 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

May 24, 2014
No I refuse to believe it. Stealth And flanking is what the bow was for. I am not a rusher. I am a rookie Bowman. I'm fairly patient (in most cases) and my role is to confuse and pressure The enemy, picking them off right in front of each other.
I am not a rusher. Ur dad is.
"You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friends nose"
~ Billy, from Grim Adventures Of Billy And Mandy
Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 64 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2239 posts

May 24, 2014

My Dad is a rusher, at least that's what my Mother said :smileytongue:

My NoobTube Channel

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 64 (91 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5843 posts

May 24, 2014

well do you constantly go on the attack, or actually go slowly and flank them, picking off the enemy in the most oppurtune moments?

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 64 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
468 posts

May 25, 2014

sanddude20 wrote:

well do you constantly go on the attack, or actually go slowly and flank them, picking off the enemy in the most oppurtune moments?

What if you do both?

Check Out the PuertoRicanNinja!
TLOU Factions Gameplay, Montages, Funny Moments and more!
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/GustavoRodriguez1991
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/puertoricanninja91
Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 64 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5843 posts

May 25, 2014

then that means you are actively varying up your playstyle to suit the situation. Also a good thing, something I wish the randoms I played with did more of...

photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 64 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
468 posts

May 25, 2014

sanddude20 wrote:

then that means you are actively varying up your playstyle to suit the situation. Also a good thing, something I wish the randoms I played with did more of...

According to the FN Tryhards, best way to play is use the SAR and never change your playstyle at all.  I should trust them right?

I mean, after all they're the best of the best!!! xD

Check Out the PuertoRicanNinja!
TLOU Factions Gameplay, Montages, Funny Moments and more!
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/GustavoRodriguez1991
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/puertoricanninja91
Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 64 (57 Views)
0 Likes