Jul 04 2013
By: DEATH__MACHINIST Fender Bender 2508 posts

SONY FAIL

[ Edited ]
22 replies 541 views Edited Jul 4, 2013

I'm I the only one that thinks ND needs to advertise this game more for its multi player.

I mean I hear over and over again about the single player and have talked to several people outside of my psn friends list that they didn't even know it had a multi player.

Don't fail with advertising such a great multiplayer with this game like you did U2.

No doubt to me the single player was probably the most epic story mode game I have ever played in 20 years of gaming, but this multi is the bees knees.

I'm thoroughly enjoying the multi on this game. ND do more to get this muti out there, and in turn we as a community need to spread the word.

ND make some **** subway cups or some thing.

Agree?

Yeah, I know surprisingly a positive thread from me.

I haven't been this addicited to a game since U2.

U3 >>>> my wife walks in the door " honey can you help unload groceries" me " yep let me put this down".

The last of us>>>>> " Woman cant you see I'm playing a GAME!!!!"

(un)moderated
I bought hardline, forgive me.
Message 1 of 23 (541 Views)
Naughty Dog Developer
558 posts

Re: ND FAIL

Jul 4, 2013

Sony does the advertising, not Naughty Dog.

Message 2 of 23 (499 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5080 posts

Jul 4, 2013
Sony has done a great job marketing lately with the PS4 and TLOU. Now they need to put some of that talent to use on the multiplayer side of TLOU.
Message 3 of 23 (495 Views)
Fender Bender
2508 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2013

MacGruber310 wrote:

Sony does the advertising, not Naughty Dog.

OH NO!

They are focused primarily on the Ps4 right now, hope it doesn't encompass this title.

Just 25% of the advertising that went into U3's multi could go a long way for this game.

Anyway I'll change the title.

I was actually in game stop today and there was a guy trading in his Last of Us game.

I asked why, he replied " I beat it, no more need for it" .

I asked if he tried the multi player and he didn't know it had one.

I convinced him to take it back home and give it a fair try before making a HUGE mistake.

(un)moderated
Message 4 of 23 (485 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5080 posts

Re: SONY FAIL

Jul 4, 2013
I think the word is slowly spreading. My cousin said his friend wanted to play TLOU because none of his friends had a ps3.
Message 5 of 23 (459 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2508 posts

Jul 4, 2013

neverbelow wrote:
I think the word is slowly spreading. My cousin said his friend wanted to play TLOU because none of his friends had a ps3.

Hope so.

(un)moderated
Message 6 of 23 (457 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16348 posts

Jul 4, 2013

Well, again, we don't have access to the stats the companies do.

For example, what percentage of owners of ND franchises played online Multiplayer beyond some arbitrary period, say, a week?

This would indicate how many people play the MP, once they've tried it.   I assumed TLoU would have it, but didn't see anything mentioned, because I didn't come on this side of teh forums.

I'll fess up.   I wasn't going to buy the game.  After Uncharted, I was going to wait for a bargain bin... then my wife saw Father's Day coming...  And when I got the game... "Factions?"  What the hell is... ohhhhhh, Multiplayer... had no idea...

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Message 7 of 23 (425 Views)
Fender Bender
2508 posts

Jul 4, 2013

scootgar wrote:

For example, what percentage of owners of ND franchises played online Multiplayer beyond some arbitrary period, say, a week?

This would indicate how many people play the MP, once they've tried it.   I assumed TLoU would have it, but didn't see anything mentioned, because I didn't come on this side of teh forums.

I'll fess up.   I wasn't going to buy the game.  After Uncharted, I was going to wait for a bargain bin... then my wife saw Father's Day coming...  And when I got the game... "Factions?"  What the hell is... ohhhhhh, Multiplayer... had no idea...

I will thoroughly admit I wasn't going to buy this game because of how much I HATED U3 and what ND did to Uncharted.

Only after I found out that Pittsburgh was in it and that I could download two copies, one for me and one for my wife.

Glad I did, well worth it.

(un)moderated
Message 8 of 23 (421 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16348 posts

Jul 4, 2013

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

scootgar wrote:

I will thoroughly admit I wasn't going to buy this game because of how much I HATED U3 and what ND did to Uncharted.

Only after I found out that Pittsburgh was in it and that I could download two copies, one for me and one for my wife.

Pittsburgh... you're not a Steelers fan, are you...?

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Message 9 of 23 (417 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2508 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2013

scootgar wrote:

DEATH__MACHINIST wrote:

scootgar wrote:

Pittsburgh... you're not a Steelers fan, are you...?

Penguins 1st

Steelers 2nd

(un)moderated
Message 10 of 23 (413 Views)
0 Likes