Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 19 2013
By: Wakeboarder56 Uncharted Territory 1351 posts

Saving people from executions?

7 replies 167 views Edited Jun 19, 2013
Have you ever managed to save someone from an execution before? It seems that they'll get shot before finishing the animation (even the lethal part of it), yet the downed player still dies. Maybe it's just lag that I'm experiencing, but I hope you can save teammates from a special execution.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1801 posts

Re: Saving people from executions?

Jun 19, 2013

Nah, no lag. Once the execution is excuted there is no saving the person. 

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGOODKyle
http://www.twitch.tv/thegoodkyle
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1351 posts

Jun 19, 2013
It would be nice to save the person right as the enemy bends over to start the execution instead of being instant death the moment they press triangle.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 19, 2013

Yeah I don't really like how special executions work.  As soon as the button is pressed there is no saving the person, even if the executioner is shot before he finishes getting him down on the ground.  I've seen so many times where someone is being revived and a guy runs in and executes the him mid-heal, then dies immediately from point blank shots to the face by the would-be reviver.

Ultimately it just encourages bad gameplay because the executioner don't suffer any penalty when they get killed during executions except having to wait for respawn, so everyone just runs around executing anyone that they see is down, when usually its better to just wait for them to bleed out on their own so that their teammates are distracted and possibly lured out for an easy kill.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1351 posts

Jun 19, 2013
Exactly. There should be some sort of risk/reward of going for the special execution for the extra parts and conservation of ammo. If its interrupted before the lethal shot of blow, then it should be a failed attempt and not count.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
5537 posts

Jun 19, 2013

It's kinda funny seeing someone get their head bashed in or blown off by nothing lol...

But it's risk vs. reward. Yea you can run in executing the guy, but get killed in the process ultimately trading 1 life for another. It's a lot smarter to use them as bait for people to revive them, or execute them from afar.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1351 posts

Jun 19, 2013
I agree, but the risk would be even greater if the success of your special execution wasn't guaranteed. Also, if someone doesn't use tactics well enough and rushes in for the execution on one of my teammates, then I would like to be able to save that teammate because of my opponent's decision to take that risk.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (115 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jun 19, 2013

The special execution is implemented perfectly. It uses an animation to look cool and make the reward not only functional (extra parts)but also visually appealing. If the special execution was made so that you could stop it half way through people would complain that they would rather just shoot their head off instantly for a special execution. What bothers me about it is when you down someone and you stay in a defensive position while you let the downed player bleed out, your teammate goes running into the open to special execute said downed player and not only takes your execution but gets killed in the process so your excution becomes meaningless to the team. 

They should have a separate stat for people that execute someone but didn't take away any damage to initially down the player. Something like a team execution or assist, in which it still counts as killing an enemy but it doesn't give a parts bonus. So that it helps the team be closer to victory, but guys wont be desperately trying to get special executions to boost their stats/parts.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (82 Views)