Aug 24 2013
By: newuxtreme Sackboy 387 posts

Score -> 28-24-0 New Game Mode -> "Like a Bauss!"

[ Edited ]
24 replies 533 views Edited Oct 30, 2013

A new idea. Spicing things up in the otherwise same old same old TLOU.

"Like a Bauss"

Mode Objective

Basically only one person tries to annihilate the entire other team, whereas the rest of the team plays nothing but pure support, except without gunfire. So reviver, first aid, crafting for gifts, hawk eyed for marking, sharp ears everything.

Your team shouldn't contribute to even a single down with their gunfire, projectiles nor melee weapons.

This was actually our first ever try and I was the first to experiment with it.

Inb4 "n00bs on other team I would have destroyed you"

Score to beat :- 28 Downs, 24 Executions, 0 Deaths

Time to beat :- 3:13

The time is the last possible visual time before the scoreboard came up, the idea should be to be able to end the match quicker than me, therefore time to beat should be higher, if you've done better.

In order to maintain a competitive scoreboard/ranking, we can give Scoremarkers:-

1. Deaths the highest priority, meaning if someone had the 29 downs but 1 death, you still are lower than a perfect game.
  2. Second priority to number of downs. 29-24-0 > 28-24-0
  3. Third priority to Time Left. 3:14>3:13

UPDATE ATTEMPT 2 30/10/2013

Last of Us gameplay, Hunting Rifles Headshots , Custom created Game mode videos and MOAR!

Message 1 of 25 (533 Views)
Highlighted
Wastelander
529 posts

Re: Score -> 28-24-0 New Game Mode -> "Like a Bauss!"

Aug 24, 2013

well done on trying to think of ways to spice it up, but tbh a game 'mode' where about 0.01?% of player population has any chance of 'winning' isn't exactly a game mode, it's willy waving on a grand scale my friend.

Also, the mode is dependant on having 3 team mates happy to not fire a shot or throw a bomb/molly, plant a bomb etc.

Does the skill of the 'support' players factor in? How well they heal/revive etc? Seemingly not as they don't even get a mention by name. Where's the Oscar Speech of 'I couldn't have done it without...' 'I owe it all to...' etc?

'Rock is OP, paper is fine as it is': Scissors

Click This! ---> Youtube
Don't click this! --> Blog
Message 2 of 25 (498 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

Aug 24, 2013
Nice gameplay, wish I had a party of teammates who would be willing to sacrifice parts/clan to help me gain an uber high score - nice dude, might try and give it a shot if I get volunteers ^^
>> Multiplayer TLOU: http://www.youtube.com/user/DanViron
>> Twitter: https://twitter.com/VironZz
Message 3 of 25 (461 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17603 posts

Aug 24, 2013

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen video thread.

No.  No thanks.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 4 of 25 (454 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1084 posts

Aug 24, 2013

hahahah, this takes me back to mw2 days. Me and my buddies would go for nukes in S&D. 5 of us would all be in riot shields protecting and acting as bait for the one player actually going for kills.

And of course we would have to lose rounds on purpose to keep the game going, but it was glorious when we would get that 25KS Nuke in S&D

photo c2360113-3b52-4c69-8e36-3bb37cb9501c_zps713c8462.png
Message 5 of 25 (439 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
387 posts

Aug 24, 2013

I don't even get your criticism.

MuddledMuppet wrote:

well done on trying to think of ways to spice it up, but tbh a game 'mode' where about 0.01?% of player population has any chance of 'winning' isn't exactly a game mode, it's willy waving on a grand scale my friend.

I honestly didn't understand this statement. What do you mean by it exactly. They didn't have a chance? I didn't have a chance?

Also, the mode is dependant on having 3 team mates happy to not fire a shot or throw a bomb/molly, plant a bomb etc.

Yes.....?

Does the skill of the 'support' players factor in? How well they heal/revive etc? Seemingly not as they don't even get a mention by name. Where's the Oscar Speech of 'I couldn't have done it without...' 'I owe it all to...' etc?

How skillful is it to stand behind someone, pressing triangle or X. 

Did you even read the rules, and better yet understand the point of the game mode?

Last of Us gameplay, Hunting Rifles Headshots , Custom created Game mode videos and MOAR!

Message 6 of 25 (436 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6887 posts

Aug 24, 2013

n00bs on other team I would have destroyed you

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 7 of 25 (431 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

Aug 24, 2013
Don't know where the hate is coming from for New. He tried something new and gained a high score doing so - kudos to him for breaking the mold and excelling in doing so.
>> Multiplayer TLOU: http://www.youtube.com/user/DanViron
>> Twitter: https://twitter.com/VironZz
Message 8 of 25 (424 Views)
Wastelander
529 posts

Aug 24, 2013

newuxtreme wrote:

I don't even get your criticism.

MuddledMuppet wrote:

I honestly didn't understand this statement. What do you mean by it exactly. They didn't have a chance? I didn't have a chance?

I am referring to the small percentage of the gaming population who would have the slightest chance in beating this. It's not a game mode at all, it's a competition for elite players.

Yes.....?

Again, this is not a game mode.

How skillful is it to stand behind someone, pressing triangle or X. 

Some players have a greater situational awareness than others, and will get killed when trying to heal/revive, i thought that would be pretty obvious.

Did you even read the rules, and better yet understand the point of the game mode?

Yes i did 'even' read the rules and understand the point of this 'mode'. It's nothing like a mode at all, it's a competition for 'leet' gamers and it should be advertised and discussed as such. The game desperately needs new modes, but this is not something it needs at all. If you wanna set it up as a competition for 'higher class' or skilled players or whatever then fine, and I wish you well and hope you all enjoy it. but this is something that would straight away exclude the vast majority of players, I'm amazed you can't see that.

@viron I hope you weren't including me there, critique of an idea is hardly 'hate'

'Rock is OP, paper is fine as it is': Scissors

Click This! ---> Youtube
Don't click this! --> Blog
Message 9 of 25 (403 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3992 posts

Aug 24, 2013

VironZZ wrote:
Don't know where the hate is coming from for New. He tried something new and gained a high score doing so - kudos to him for breaking the mold and excelling in doing so.

Exactly. I personally don't find this appealing as he set it up, but some variation of it might be cool. Nothing wrong with experimenting with this game. God knows if ND has any plans to. So we might as well do it.

Message 10 of 25 (399 Views)
0 Likes