Treasure Hunter
4595 posts

Re: Semi Auto Appreciation Thread

Jul 8, 2013

Situational Awareness abbreviation = SA

Semi Auto abbreviation = SA

It's confirmed: any time that ND has something in a game that can be abbreviated as SA, it's going to be unbelievably obnoxious for the gameplay.

Message 31 of 105 (385 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1813 posts

Jul 8, 2013

tripleWRECK wrote:
Sorry, semi-auto is OP. Has no drawbacks, easiest to use, beats all other weapons consistently in practical play.

Easiest gun to have kickback when being shot at, the person using the weapon makes it easy or hard to use, not if your opponents are actually competent. 

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGOODKyle
http://www.twitch.tv/thegoodkyle
Message 32 of 105 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4836 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 8, 2013

I think nothing in the game balance-wise should be altered. Leave it as it is ND. I've been killed by Burst rifles, Hunting Rifles, Molotovs, Bombs, and bow users while using my Semi Auto.

The Semi Auto is very deadly in the hands of people with good aim, just like any other gun. I don't want this game to end up with 18 patches trying to fix one thing and breaking another with each patch.

Message 33 of 105 (370 Views)
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Jul 8, 2013

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

I think nothing in the game balance-wise should be altered. Leave it as it is ND. I've been killed by Burst rifles, Hunting Rifles, Molotovs, Bombs, and bow users while using my Semi Auto.

The Semi Auto is very deadly in the hands of people with good aim, just like any other gun. I don't want this game to end up with 18 patches trying to fix one thing and breaking another with each patch.

A wise man once said what this guy just said.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 34 of 105 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1529 posts

Jul 8, 2013

thesuzukimethod wrote:

OP gets thrown around a lot on the internet when it comes to gaming.  

SA is high-ish power, but quite limited ammo.  yes, 7 is 2 downs and an execution if you are a deadeye shot, but it's a bit tougher to be that efficient under normal circumstances.  

i see all weapons in the game as having trade-offs, perhaps the SA is just well-suited to your playstyle (it is mine), which makes it seem more powerful.  

It's not all that limited for ammo.  If you add headshots to it it's 3 downs and an execution with the starting ammo.  On a full clip it's 5 downs.  And it's only one headshot and one bodyshot for a down, AND it takes no time at all to get those 2 shots off.  And it has the accuracy to do this from across the map.  All in all it's a weapon that excels at everything.  It outperforms pretty much every other gun, and there are no drawbacks to using it compared to any other weapon.

Message 35 of 105 (352 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Jul 8, 2013

Semi Auto is a great gun and doesn't need changing. I appreciate that gun!

Message 36 of 105 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3247 posts

Jul 8, 2013

GOODKyle wrote:

Easiest gun to have kickback when being shot at, the person using the weapon makes it easy or hard to use, not if your opponents are actually competent. 

No, it's the easiest to use intrinsically. Player skill is irrelevant when discussing the actual effectiveness of the weapon.

If you take two players of equal skill, one with the semi-auto and the other with any other starter, the semi-auto player will win the vast majority of the time. It's simply a superior gun, plain and simple.

Message 37 of 105 (315 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1813 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 8, 2013

tripleWRECK wrote:
If you take two players of equal skill, one with the semi-auto and the other with any other starter, the semi-auto player will win the vast majority of the time. It's simply a superior gun, plain and simple.

And you have physically conducted this experiment with peer review and proper probability control? Or are you just saying what will support your cause like always? Burden of proof is on you and using that no need to nerf thread as a control, the majority of people are fine with everything the way it is. 

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGOODKyle
http://www.twitch.tv/thegoodkyle
Message 38 of 105 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
573 posts

Jul 8, 2013
The hunting rifle can beat the semi-auto.
YouTube: AlexDarkshield and Hardies331
Hardiess331 channel uploads new video daily!
Message 39 of 105 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4836 posts

Jul 8, 2013
The Hunting Rifle can down a Semi Auto user from a distance. The Burst Rifle can down a Semi Auto user in CQC. The Semi Auto is simply a versatile weapon that happens to dominate in most mid-range combats. And since most maps favour such a weapon, it is mostly used, that's all.

Message 40 of 105 (298 Views)
0 Likes