Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 15 2013
By: RyokuSonic Uncharted Territory 1146 posts

Sharpshooter-less hunting rifle.

34 replies 650 views Edited Sep 15, 2013
Usually I'd play with sharpshooter 3 just for nice aiming, but since 3 out of the 4 people I face usually have a semi automatic (With damage wobble that makes SS3 look like a joke.) So I decided to try a crazy idea and rip out Sharpshooter 3 from my build. From there, I made a marksman build with strategist 2, hawk eye 3, and sharp ears 2. Has anyone else tried this approach?
Skill, Coordination, and Experience will lead a team to victory.
Message 1 of 35 (650 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5878 posts

Re: Sharpshooter-less hunting rifle.

Sep 15, 2013

I love my sharpshooter with my sniper too much for regenerating health mixed with hawk eye 3 as well, oh boy I love it too much to change my loadout

True Balance:
We felt that the Hunting Rifle wasn’t effective enough at mid-range due to its very slow fire rate. While every weapon doesn’t have to be as effective at every range, so much combat occurs at short to mid ranges in The Last of Us that we felt the Hunting Rifle felt was not effective in enough situations. By increasing its damage the Hunting Rifle user is now more likely to get a down on a wounded player, or can combo a Hunting Rifle with a pistol to try and fight effectively at mid-range.
Message 2 of 35 (645 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
390 posts

Sep 15, 2013
I usually use SS1 atleast.

Revolver.
Hunting Rifle.
Sharpshooter 1
First Aid 2
Brawler 1

Something like that.
Message 3 of 35 (634 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

Sep 15, 2013
That scope wobble through and its nice to return to sender on damage wobble ie. taking damage and headshot in return.
>> Multiplayer TLOU: http://www.youtube.com/user/DanViron
>> Twitter: https://twitter.com/VironZz
Message 4 of 35 (567 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
244 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 15, 2013

I use the HR all the time, and I do not use sharpshooter at all...

I've been able to get a decent number of headshots without it when sniping... I find that (in my experience) once you get use to how the gun sways, the effect becomes less noticable (since SS reduces this)... mind you, it took a while to get used to this.

The SAR's can still be a hassle with the stun of repetitive shots.

The infected as seen in TLOU Multiplayer:

Runners- Noobs
Stalkers- Covert Training 3 users
Clickers- Constant reloaders
Bloaters- People getting blown up by bombs
Message 5 of 35 (565 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1146 posts

Sep 15, 2013
The only thing I couldn't do without sharpshooter is aim at people from very long ranges (For example, the wooden watchtower in the middle of university and the window right next to the fountain where the supply box is located.) That also have sharpshooter.
Message 6 of 35 (560 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3640 posts

Sep 15, 2013
I tried out the HR last night for the first time in a long time. And my only problem is when I don't get head shots. You know when you're laying wait and some guy oops his head up from behind a wall looking for someone and he's completely unaware of you. I line his head up. Pull the trigger... Boom body shot! **bleep**!? The red dot was CLEARLY in his non-moving head.Basically the only thing above cover I can shoot was his head. Now he knows where I am. Ducks and heals. And I'm reloading. So frustrating.

Is there a magical spot I should be aiming for?
Message 7 of 35 (544 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1146 posts

Sep 15, 2013
When I quick scope, the headshots are more accurate. Hard scoping is horrid though
Message 8 of 35 (535 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1241 posts

Sep 15, 2013

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:
I tried out the HR last night for the first time in a long time. And my only problem is when I don't get head shots. You know when you're laying wait and some guy oops his head up from behind a wall looking for someone and he's completely unaware of you. I line his head up. Pull the trigger... Boom body shot! **bleep**!? The red dot was CLEARLY in his non-moving head.Basically the only thing above cover I can shoot was his head. Now he knows where I am. Ducks and heals. And I'm reloading. So frustrating.

Is there a magical spot I should be aiming for?

I've never had this happen to me. Maybe your shot really is just off? :smileyindifferent:

Message 9 of 35 (517 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3640 posts

Sep 15, 2013
Sure I'm off sometimes. But I'm talking about the perfectly still, unaware victim. The "no doubt about it" shots. It doesn't happen all the time. But it happens enough to make this non-sniper, stay a non-sniper.
Message 10 of 35 (500 Views)
0 Likes