Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
244 posts

Re: Sharpshooter-less hunting rifle.

Sep 16, 2013

RyokuSonic wrote:
The military sniper has auto-aim, combine that with SS3 and you'll barely miss a shot.
Also I found out something else. If you don't use SS3 with the HR you're 3x more likely to lose long range gun fights with other rifles that have SS3

I've had varying success with long range fights witout using SS... I think that. in a good number of instances anyway, it comes down to prediction (knowing where they are going to run, which window they will pop out of & when, etc.) and knowing the feel of the gun.

The infected as seen in TLOU Multiplayer:

Runners- Noobs
Stalkers- Covert Training 3 users
Clickers- Constant reloaders
Bloaters- People getting blown up by bombs
Message 21 of 35 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Sep 18, 2013
I always found SS more usefull with 9mm and Burst Rifle. I use SS3 on my none melee load.
Message 22 of 35 (176 Views)
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Sep 20, 2013

well RyokuSonic, I'll tell ya that while I use the hunting rifle a ton that i almost never use sharpshooter with it... When i first started using the rifle i always used sharpshooter 3.  and I thought I was so beastly with it.  lol big difference without it if ya ask me, due to the weapon sway and my having NEVER had to deal with that.  Even so, I still pretty much never use sharpshooter for a couple reasons.

1) covert can be more important and useful for a sniper.  not being able to be marked gives you an advantage in cover battles or sniper battles.  you duck down into cover.  return fire from another vantage point.  you can do this all day.  I use the silenced rifle with covert 3 and hawkeyed 2 or 3 usually.  hawk eyed is also beastly and I think quite necessary when youre rockin a rifle without sharpshooter...  I would suggest looking more at those two boosters in lieu of strategist and sharp ears.  sharp ears is best for close quarters combat and scouting.  it doesnt aid a sniper too much.  dont get me wrong tho, I LOVE sharp ears.  i use it with a bow sometimes.  and while covert of course.  being able to crouch sneak while invisible to listen mode and while scanning your surroundings while moving full crouch speed is awesome on certain maps.

2) all it really does for the gun is help with that crazy weapon sway.  which is also only a huge factor at certain ranges.  likewise at certain ranges the reduced pain wobble might not help ya much at all.  youd have to be aiming at someone close and at their body to maybe get a headshot from that wobble.  likely, youll just miss the target regardless.  even with that SS3.  and once again, covert is infintely more important to a sniper unless you plan to be doing your sniping close range.  and with it being paired with hawkeyed 3... man you know exactly when to pop outta cover for that headshot and they will be guessing at best.  remember, youre unmarkable.  I dont see enough people pairing covert with the snipers.

Message 23 of 35 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Sep 20, 2013
and at nerd_slapper, I agree completely. this is why the only time I will ever use a hunting rifle with sharpshooter is with covert 3 and SS3 and a 9mm. but again, I never use this loadout.
Message 24 of 35 (147 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1063 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 20, 2013

With SS3 do you get 25 health back for each headshot or only for a headshot that downs the enemy? Obviously Im not talking about the HR in this question because a HR always downs the enemy with a headshot anyway.

ATTENTION :- On Gamefaqs forums you get modded when you have done something wrong but on Naughty Dog forums you and your thread sometimes gets modded when someone else does something wrong in your thread. How is it right to mod person A for person B's words? Because of Rizzlard7 starting trouble in the Do you Teabag Gesture thread he caused the author of that thread to get modded. I then got modded for starting a teabag thread because of Rizzlard7 previous comments my thread got deleted and I got modded even though no one had started anything in my thread. Being modded for what others say is wrong and mods shouldn't get away with it. lovely1rainbow has wrongly modded me twice for other peoples words.
Message 25 of 35 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Sep 20, 2013
For each headshot, not sure about armour though. (can someone confirm).
Message 26 of 35 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1156 posts

Sep 20, 2013
Ÿea, it does give you health for headshot armor. Saved me once.
Skill, Coordination, and Experience will lead a team to victory.
Message 27 of 35 (121 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1063 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 20, 2013

Thanks guys I thought so. The description for Sharpshooter 3 says get 25 health back for each headshot yet someone on gamefaqs claimed it was only for a headshot that downs the enemy so I thought Id just get what I thought was correct confirmed. Anyone have a video of Sharpshooter 3 working with each headshot please? 

ATTENTION :- On Gamefaqs forums you get modded when you have done something wrong but on Naughty Dog forums you and your thread sometimes gets modded when someone else does something wrong in your thread. How is it right to mod person A for person B's words? Because of Rizzlard7 starting trouble in the Do you Teabag Gesture thread he caused the author of that thread to get modded. I then got modded for starting a teabag thread because of Rizzlard7 previous comments my thread got deleted and I got modded even though no one had started anything in my thread. Being modded for what others say is wrong and mods shouldn't get away with it. lovely1rainbow has wrongly modded me twice for other peoples words.
Message 28 of 35 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1156 posts

Sep 20, 2013
I think VironZZ might have a couple
Skill, Coordination, and Experience will lead a team to victory.
Message 29 of 35 (102 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1063 posts

Sep 20, 2013

Viron uses HR though. Unless he also uses weapons that do not down with one headshot :smileyhappy:

Message 30 of 35 (93 Views)
0 Likes