Lmao sanddude. Sometimes your comments are too much. XD
Message 121 of 153 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1872 posts

Re: Shiv Dance Again

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2014

Thanks morg xD ... @ Bizz ... I dont just bring my dissagreement to the table, I also have NDs word behind me that the shiv dancing tactic is ok. Their word is final no matter what you say. Its their game not yours and they are happy with that tactic in the game so grow up and deal with it like a adult and move on.

Message 122 of 153 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17603 posts

Jan 8, 2014

Bizzerker_Bauer wrote:
It's certainly all YOU'VE ever provided.

I disagree.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 123 of 153 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
741 posts

Jan 8, 2014
Lmao this thread is gold.^
Message 124 of 153 (172 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Jan 26, 2014

I'm mostly alright with the shiv dance except for a few **bleep** moments that still happen.  I hope Naughty Dog one day update the shiving machanic so that it's not too easy to pull off.

I think one time happened to me in the bus depot that annoyed me.  I knew this  oneguy was going to do it (as I said, it's usually a very small selected few who can not only do this, but also seem to have other strange advantages) yet, even as I backed off and turned to face him..... the **bleep**er shivved me.  He was in my line of sight and lag was nothing to do with it.

Message 125 of 153 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
378 posts

Jan 26, 2014

The art of "Shiv Dance" or what I like to call it, circle shiv is equivalent to call of duty 360 no scope headshot. It's a bit tough to master, but once you get it down, it's a very situational tactic.

For example, you see someone hiding behind a counter and they're pretty close to you, you can easily shiv them unless they shot you first with a shorty, get a quick shot with a shotgun, position themselves so their back is against a corner or the best counter, run straight back to create a distance where he can't circle around you and most of the time you can pull off a easy counter shiv once their back is turned against you.

If you punch or use a machette against a good shiver, 99% of the time you will get shiv because the melee and machette animation is really slow to recover and they can circle/dance around you all day. You can however punch them to death in tight spaces like going down on the stairs (meleeing someone when you're going up the stairs always miss for some reason, which ND should've fix long time ago).

https://www.youtube.com/user/TommyLoveTV
Message 126 of 153 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1530 posts

Jan 26, 2014
Lol it's pure BS and that's all. Playing Interogation with some new PSN friends I heard one saying how he was aiming at the guy and died. Later anoher one, who I couldn't even connect to for voice, had it happen to them, and yet a third teammate was explaining to them how it was an exploit people had found where you could just run at them and shiv them from the front. IF, and only if, ou had to actually get behind them, AND turn your character to be facing their back, AND be close enough to actually knife instead of just rubberbanding to them, THEN it would be something that only skilled players could do. As it is now it's just based on whose ping is highest.
Message 127 of 153 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3502 posts

Jan 26, 2014

ND meant for it to be there. Get good at it or learn how to counter it.

Message 128 of 153 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1296 posts

Jan 26, 2014

INCANGENERAL wrote:

ND meant for it to be there. Get good at it or learn how to counter it.

I have not been shiv danced since the last patch that improved matchmaking. May also be cause I switched tot he hunting rifle I'm not sure. But unless there is hardcore lag it is very avoidable. 

Message 129 of 153 (90 Views)
Highlighted
First Son
11 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 26, 2014

Yeah I think you'd have to be lagging pretty bad to have this happen to you and be "unavoidable". If someone is running at you and you feel like they coming for a shiv, back the hell up, plant a bomb, or whatever. Just make sure that you:

- Don't stand still and aim/shoot at the person as they are running around you. Someone can run around you way faster than you can get them into your crosshair while holding R1.

- Don't panic punch them since it plants your character to the one spot for far too long and you basically leave yourself open for a free shiv.

- Concentrate on facing the attacker until you know you're in the clear. Plus sometimes if you try to turn around and sprint away too late (along with lag or getting caught up on obstacles) it can mean the attacker can catch up to you and still shiv you.

- Or just kill the guy before he can even get to you lol 2 revolver shots to da face no probs

On that note, I've been given/recieved front or side shivs a lot of times while punching. Even when both of us are punching each other and my opponent didn't seem to have any intention of shivving, they still manage to shiv me from the front (but with the back shiv animation) while I'm midpunch. I think this is because as a character is throwing a punch horizontally, their back is facing the reciever even though technically the other character isn't behind them. This can work from the front but I think it happens most if the shivver is slightly to the side. This might be what's happening to a lot of people who are talking about glitches or laggy shivs? Or maybe I'm overthinking it or am just too quick to defend shiv dancing since I love doing it lol. The only thing I don't like about it is that in single player and even in the tips, the game tells you that shivving is meant to be a stealth thing, not a skip-around-a-guy-in-plain-daylight thing.

Message 130 of 153 (87 Views)