I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Re: Shiv is broken

Dec 8, 2013

Bizzerker_Bauer wrote:
Well firstly the shiv maneuver you're talking about is a cheap exploit. You're telling players to use their gun when instead of using your gun yourself you want to run behind them while they're locked into a melee animation. Also, aiming yur gun while somebody is attempting to do this to you is probably going to mean you can't turn your camera fast enough and you get shived.

On the topic of not being able to shiv somebody, I definitely know where you're coming from. I've run into the problem myself and heard teammates who were having the same problem. I've also seen enemies vaccuum my teammates back like 10 feet in order to shiv them, or run straight at them and then, from a few feet away, magically be behind them shiving them. Things with the shiv really don't work all that well.

As for smoke, I know what you mean. Not only does the radius seem to be impossibly large sometimes, but a lot of the time you'll clearly be moving and then still get shived. There's also a window during an opponents swing during with they can be shived, so I think a lot of smoke shivs happen be because people mash square trying to use their scissor stick and then get shived after the smoke because of the messed up shiv opportunity.

Couldn't of said it better myself

Message 11 of 62 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
388 posts

Dec 8, 2013

NO! THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!

Noooo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bring the Carlton to TLOU

Message 12 of 62 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Dec 8, 2013

The shiv manuever is a skill, it's not a cheap tactic.  If someone has already hit you with a bat, and one more strike kills you, why not take advantage of him losing his balance literally to get behind him and shiv him.  Or take a few punches and shiv him.  If you turn your camera immediately while shooting at an enemy trying to shiv manuever you, he will not get you 90% of the time.  IF you hvae a flamethrower, and turn your camera following him with your flame, he will not get you either. 

One thing that still works near perfectly is if someone is in cover and you run straight at them, they mostly think you will scissor stick or shoot them and you get behind them with a quick manuever (literally run around them and turn your camera and shiv.  It works at that awkward angle, but for some reason when you are directly behind an enemy you have to sometimes keep adjusting your camera to get the triangle prompt. I've heard this complaint from so many people. 

Reason I'm bringing it up is because it's a key part of my game when it tight situations. 

At least I'm not the only one experiencing these isues.

Message 13 of 62 (164 Views)
I Only Post Everything
933 posts

Dec 8, 2013

jackintheboks wrote:

The shiv manuever is a skill, it's not a cheap tactic.  If someone has already hit you with a bat, and one more strike kills you, why not take advantage of him losing his balance literally to get behind him and shiv him.  Or take a few punches and shiv him.  If you turn your camera immediately while shooting at an enemy trying to shiv manuever you, he will not get you 90% of the time.  IF you hvae a flamethrower, and turn your camera following him with your flame, he will not get you either. 

One thing that still works near perfectly is if someone is in cover and you run straight at them, they mostly think you will scissor stick or shoot them and you get behind them with a quick manuever (literally run around them and turn your camera and shiv.  It works at that awkward angle, but for some reason when you are directly behind an enemy you have to sometimes keep adjusting your camera to get the triangle prompt. I've heard this complaint from so many people. 

Reason I'm bringing it up is because it's a key part of my game when it tight situations. 

At least I'm not the only one experiencing these isues.

skill, lmao. just like the wack n roll ehh?

Message 14 of 62 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Dec 8, 2013

Wack n roll was button mashing, shiv manuevering is expert movement, and anticipation of enemy actions.  Most people can't do it. 

Message 15 of 62 (157 Views)
Wastelander
738 posts

Dec 8, 2013
I haven't noticed anything different with shivs...
Message 16 of 62 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
388 posts

Dec 8, 2013

Just Checked...

grief

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bring the Carlton to TLOU

Message 17 of 62 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1531 posts

Dec 8, 2013
It's not a skill. I promise if somebody hits you in the head with a bat YOU'RE going to be the one "losing your balance", not them. It doesn't make sense realistically or mechanics-wise for it to work the way it does.

Message 18 of 62 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
96 posts

Dec 8, 2013
Ha! Good. Now people can quit abusing lag and turn radius speed while aiming. Dance shiving clearly wasn't the way ND intended for the shiv to be used. It's not an aggressive melee weapon, it's a STEALTH weapon. Use it as such. The shiv has been FIXED not broken.
Message 19 of 62 (121 Views)
Splicer
39 posts

Dec 8, 2013

GameHeadAche wrote:
Ha! Good. Now people can quit abusing lag and turn radius speed while aiming. Dance shiving clearly wasn't the way ND intended for the shiv to be used. It's not an aggressive melee weapon, it's a STEALTH weapon. Use it as such. The shiv has been FIXED not broken.

Just one thing: when was it "fixed"? I got circle shived just today. Dudes with 2 bars and under really grind my gears...

Message 20 of 62 (108 Views)
0 Likes