Fender Bender
2562 posts

Re: Shiv is broken

Dec 8, 2013

The only issue I ever had with the shiv dance is lag, which is all too common really. I never know if my opponent simply out stepped me and got the shiv or if he's just a lag pro

Message 21 of 62 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
388 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 8, 2013

Bizzerker_Bauer wrote:
It's not a skill. I promise if somebody hits you in the head with a bat YOU'RE going to be the one "losing your balance", not them. It doesn't make sense realistically or mechanics-wise for it to work the way it does.

LOL yea it doesn't make sense realistically but quickscoping is A-OK! Being revied after being riddled with bullets, yea that's very realistic as hell. Smiley Very Happy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bring the Carlton to TLOU

Message 22 of 62 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1529 posts

Dec 8, 2013
Quick scoping in this game isn't all that ridiculous. It's not imossible to quickly aim and fire a weapon in real life. Reviving is a game mechanic. Not realistic but it makes sense in terms of what type of game they tried to make. Which was also why I added "mechanics-wise" as one of the stipulations. The shiv is meant as a quick kill who is heless for some reason, whether it's because they aren't aware of you or are stunned. It's basically a standing special execution. It doesn't make any sense at all that somebody who is actively engaging you with melee or gunfire wouldn't be able to act in any way to defend themselves while you shuffle behind them and stab them.
Message 23 of 62 (138 Views)
Sackboy
388 posts

Dec 8, 2013

Bizzerker_Bauer wrote:
Quick scoping in this game isn't all that ridiculous. It's not imossible to quickly aim and fire a weapon in real life. Reviving is a game mechanic. Not realistic but it makes sense in terms of what type of game they tried to make. Which was also why I added "mechanics-wise" as one of the stipulations. The shiv is meant as a quick kill who is heless for some reason, whether it's because they aren't aware of you or are stunned. It's basically a standing special execution. It doesn't make any sense at all that somebody who is actively engaging you with melee or gunfire wouldn't be able to act in any way to defend themselves while you shuffle behind them and stab them.

Great! Now don't use the arguement of realism.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bring the Carlton to TLOU

Message 24 of 62 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
732 posts

Dec 8, 2013
There's plenty of ways to defend one's self against a shiv dance and th dancer is in no way doing this move free of risk.
Message 25 of 62 (122 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1529 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 8, 2013
I was using it as an arguement against somebody saying they'd have lost their balance by swinging. Sounded like a real life reference to me, so I was responding in kind. But by all means, keep trying to nitpick and post dumb pictures instead of participating in the discussion. People will definitely think you're some kind of pro.
Message 26 of 62 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3959 posts

Dec 8, 2013
Of course the shiv-dance is a cheap exploit. But of course people on here are gonna defend it. They need the cheap stuff to get kills. Add in a dash of crappy WiFi and you got a superstar. Sad.
Message 27 of 62 (94 Views)
Big Daddy
17065 posts

Dec 8, 2013

jackintheboks wrote:

The issue:  There was a lot of shiv dancing that skilled players have been applying to the game and after this update, the gameplay affected is actually the straight and simple sneak up from behind and shiv.  For some reason the triangle button doesn't appear at times and you spam it while right behind them and it doesn't work.  Perhaps the angle has been drastically reduced when behind them? 

This has always been the case, and based on lag issues.

[ 39 ]
Message 28 of 62 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
732 posts

Dec 8, 2013
It's lovely how every time someone brings up a valid point against something that's hardly worth bringing up in the first place, then you get tagged as being one of "them".

I'm by no means a shiv dancer. I'm 270 on the game and I've done the shiv dance only on 4 or 5 people; kills I did as means to defend myself 'cause I didn't have bullets or bombs defend myself with. It should also be noted that I've been killed by this tactic even less, so the crying and whining most people do about it on here is hardly warranted. If you keep getting killed by it you are either: A) playing against laggard all the time; or B) you seriously need to pay more attention to your opponent and defend yourself better.
Message 29 of 62 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
732 posts

Dec 8, 2013
Laggers*

Message 30 of 62 (76 Views)
0 Likes