Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
511 posts

Re: Shiv is broken

[ Edited ]
Dec 9, 2013

Not really for or against it but why should be have to learn how to adapt to something that was never intended to work that way? So if the devs accidentally made the SAR a 1 hit kill no matter what people should adapt to it and never ask for it to be fixed?

Message 31 of 62 (94 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5878 posts

Dec 9, 2013

I'm sure we could think of plenty of ways on how a good chunk of weapons in this game aren't being used for their "intended" purpose. That's called strategy derived from the players themselves.

True Balance:
We felt that the Hunting Rifle wasn’t effective enough at mid-range due to its very slow fire rate. While every weapon doesn’t have to be as effective at every range, so much combat occurs at short to mid ranges in The Last of Us that we felt the Hunting Rifle felt was not effective in enough situations. By increasing its damage the Hunting Rifle user is now more likely to get a down on a wounded player, or can combo a Hunting Rifle with a pistol to try and fight effectively at mid-range.
Message 32 of 62 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
511 posts

Dec 9, 2013

The bow and the corner shooting I'm sure is another problem that should be addressed but by just telling people to get better is not really solving anything

Message 33 of 62 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5878 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 9, 2013

asking for a change because you got shivved from behind in a different way, isn't solving anything either.

True Balance:
We felt that the Hunting Rifle wasn’t effective enough at mid-range due to its very slow fire rate. While every weapon doesn’t have to be as effective at every range, so much combat occurs at short to mid ranges in The Last of Us that we felt the Hunting Rifle felt was not effective in enough situations. By increasing its damage the Hunting Rifle user is now more likely to get a down on a wounded player, or can combo a Hunting Rifle with a pistol to try and fight effectively at mid-range.
Message 34 of 62 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
586 posts

Dec 9, 2013
Don't learn to adapt and keep getting killed by it then, considering I seriously doubt they will change anything.

Your example of the SAR being a "1 hit KO" is far from equal to this tactic. A SAR being a 1 hit KO would be broken as hell and this is hardly the case with the shiv dance. The shiv dance is a high risk/high reward move that's easily counterable.
Message 35 of 62 (64 Views)
Sackboy
511 posts

Dec 9, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

asking for a change because you got shivved from behind in a different way, is solving anything either.

Never said I got shived. Guessing you were ok with super bouncing in Halo even though it was exploit that was never suppose to exist. 

Message 36 of 62 (61 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5878 posts

Dec 9, 2013

never played halo

True Balance:
Message 37 of 62 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
511 posts

Dec 9, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

never played halo

So stop assuming when I say something then

Message 38 of 62 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
511 posts

Dec 9, 2013

Arzharkhel wrote:
Don't learn to adapt and keep getting killed by it then, considering I seriously doubt they will change anything.

Your example of the SAR being a "1 hit KO" is far from equal to this tactic. A SAR being a 1 hit KO would be broken as hell and this is hardly the case with the shiv dance. The shiv dance is a high risk/high reward move that's easily counterable.

Should probably stop feeding the troll but they are actually not that far off from each other 

Message 39 of 62 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5878 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 9, 2013

lol...that had no connection to the statement at hand, me talking about people crying because they got shivved in the back a different way still had very much to do with the conversation at hand. You then singled out yourself, ASSUMING I meant you alone. It is you who shoudn't as-u-me things my friend.

True Balance:
Message 40 of 62 (53 Views)
0 Likes