Dec 9, 2013

shiv dance is for noobs, enough said.

Message 41 of 62 (157 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Re: Shiv is broken

Dec 9, 2013

Please, enlighten us on how the "Shiv Dance" is for noobs. Is it because it works on you alot? That doesnt make it for noobs, its a strategy for people who use a shiv class who dont have a large firearm but only use a small firearm like myself. The act of shivving needs work especially when someone is behind ready to shiv and the prompt doesnt come up, but crying and whining when you do wont fix anything.

Message 42 of 62 (147 Views)
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Dec 9, 2013

ND should make it so that if you're in combat you can prerr triangle to counter shiv and kill your shivver

In BF3 the bunny up + knife animation instant kill was looked at as noobish as well, idk I've been pretty indifferent to this whole thing.

Message 43 of 62 (140 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
927 posts

Dec 9, 2013

arubetu wrote:

Please, enlighten us on how the "Shiv Dance" is for noobs. Is it because it works on you alot? That doesnt make it for noobs, its a strategy for people who use a shiv class who dont have a large firearm but only use a small firearm like myself. The act of shivving needs work especially when someone is behind ready to shiv and the prompt doesnt come up, but crying and whining when you do wont fix anything.

Its for noobs who abuse a flawed mechanic. Those shiv dance noobs aren't good enough to sneak up behind someone legit so they use their maxed sensitivity and turn the camera still within my view and get a cheap kill. I guess when you suck with guns and arent sneaky enough to do a real shiv you have to find a flaw, just as bad as the people on suburbs who glitch imo.

Message 44 of 62 (134 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1529 posts

Dec 9, 2013
I don't think I've ever heard of anyhing like that in BF3. What is it?
Message 45 of 62 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Dec 9, 2013

Bizzerker_Bauer wrote:
I don't think I've ever heard of anyhing like that in BF3. What is it?

In bf3 the knife mechanics were very similar to TLoU, from behind you could lock your opponent into an instant kill animation that they had no power to stop. Thus in close quarters what many people resorted to doing was simply bunny hopping around you and trying to get the knife kill.

In BF4 at least they gave us counter knife options to save yourself from ninjas

Message 46 of 62 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1529 posts

Dec 9, 2013
I never ran into it in BF3 I don't think. And being a first person game at least if you're looking at them they can't be considered to be behind you. Well, not usually at least....anyways, in BF4 isn't the counter knife because you can now knife people from the front? I haven't played much but from my experience it seemed like you could knife frommthe front but they could counter it, while knife attacks frommthe back were still auto kill.
Message 47 of 62 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Dec 9, 2013

mhm, but remember the netcode has a horrible reputation in the BF series and for good reason. The rage there is comparable to the rage here, because of lag you can clearly get knifed from the front without a counter noficiation. Or in bf3 you could be shooting a guy he teleports behind you and gets the knife.

Same stuff different game. Though due to the higher player pool it is noticed less

Message 48 of 62 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1529 posts

Dec 9, 2013
I'd guess the huge scale of most battlefield games probably has something to do with it, too.
Message 49 of 62 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
731 posts

Dec 9, 2013
The stupidity of some people on this forum is flabbergasting.

Keep crying and asking for your pointless "fixes".
Message 50 of 62 (99 Views)
0 Likes