Uncharted Territory
1531 posts

Re: Shiv is broken

Dec 9, 2013
Are you serious? The arguement against is that it's an obvious exploit abusing an oversight in the games mechanics. The arguement for is that it doesn't always get you a kill.
Message 51 of 62 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
738 posts

Dec 9, 2013
I should ask you if you're being serious. You guys are complaining about a tactic that's easy to deal with, while there are far more pressing issues on the online of this game. Which issues, you ask?

1. People running armor from the very start of the match.

2. People using fully maxed out weapons at the very start of the match.

3. People glitching purchasable weapons allowing them to buy ammo for a fixed price.

4. Players running around on "god mode".

5. Map glitches which allow teams to have an unfair advantage.

All of which have been seen by my own very two eyes and none of which have been addressed.
Message 52 of 62 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
42 posts

Dec 9, 2013

Add a higher aim sensitivity problem solve. Tired of shooting someone up close just for them to shiv me from getting next to me not behind next to me. 

Message 53 of 62 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1531 posts

Dec 9, 2013
The fact that there are other issues doesn't mean that it's legitimate or should be ignored.

@sirsillyname: People shouldn't have to adjust their control settings to deal with exploits. Not that doing so would do too much. Shivs work based on where the target is facing. Your camera turns independantly of your character unless you're aiming your weapon. You'll still get shanked while you're stuck in the melee animation. And you won't be able to shoot for **bleep** with your sensitivity dialed up too high.
Message 54 of 62 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Dec 9, 2013

It would be interesting if a dev could comment on whether or not it was intended though, to put a rest to the debate.

Message 55 of 62 (168 Views)
Wastelander
738 posts

Dec 9, 2013
^^ This.
Message 56 of 62 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1531 posts

Dec 9, 2013
From the sounds of things there was a similar exploit in UC3 that they said was legit in order to save face. At this point if they said it was intentional I wouldn't be surprised.
Message 57 of 62 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
115 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 9, 2013

It is not for noobs this shiv dance is offensive rush tactic, and is not used by people that crawl arround with covert training, flamethrowher and stick are noob weapons you wont see any noobs shiv dancing, it is easy to defend, and laggers profit on other kills as well from their lagger ability but have to deal with benefits like no clair aim etc so complaining about laggers is also lame...

I hope they wont nerf this or nerfed it only because 5 peoply cry about tactics that they dont like, they ruin the game if they cut out the variety of skills.

If they make it harder to shiv from behind than it is also harder to shiv for example someone that revives one of his teammates etc. the game gets boring then.

sorry if my English is not good, I am no native speaker, +the auto.correction doesn't work in this forum o0
Message 58 of 62 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1513 posts

Dec 9, 2013
If ND adjusted anything with the shiv they would say so.
What all of you are dealing with is just the b.s that comes along with playing poor connection players. Period.
I shoot you first, I die= you lag. Vice versa not applicable.
Message 59 of 62 (124 Views)
I Only Post Everything
939 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 9, 2013

Forest--H wrote:

It is not for noobs this shiv dance is offensive rush tactic, and is not used by people that crawl arround with covert training, flamethrowher and stick are noob weapons you wont see any noobs shiv dancing, it is easy to defend, and laggers profit on other kills as well from their lagger ability but have to deal with benefits like no clair aim etc so complaining about laggers is also lame...

I hope they wont nerf this or nerfed it only because 5 peoply cry about tactics that they dont like, they ruin the game if they cut out the variety of skills.

If they make it harder to shiv from behind than it is also harder to shiv for example someone that revives one of his teammates etc. the game gets boring then. Its a crap on this good game and crap on skilled close quarters combat.

excuses excuses. noobs ONLY do this tactic, none of them have any gun game. They are not good enough to do sneak shivs, those players turn their sensitivity up on max just for this.

Message 60 of 62 (100 Views)
0 Likes