Treasure Hunter
5591 posts

Re: Shivs.

Jul 21, 2013
what about a rag w/ the hunter's psn name ?

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 21 of 70 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
89 posts

Jul 21, 2013

O.O

ND, if you do this, I will love you forever.

Also, Da_Almighty_Guy might have an aneurism.

~Evil Laugh~

---
"Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!"
Message 22 of 70 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11239 posts

Jul 22, 2013
Cool idea... but will it be free? :smileylol:

Message 23 of 70 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
572 posts

Jul 22, 2013
Your emblems are sewn on patches...so it makes sense to be a patch collector upon shivving someone.

Message 24 of 70 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5591 posts

Jul 22, 2013

x_IHIostile_x wrote:
Your emblems are sewn on patches...so it makes sense to be a patch collector upon shivving someone.

a good point you have .

is it the arm band (green one w/ ff logo) the fireflies have on one side ?

if so i agree to collect it .

what about the hunters ? what do you collect if you shiv ?

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 25 of 70 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
42 posts

Jul 22, 2013
As long as you get some kind of keepsake of the poor sap I'm happy :smileyvery-happy:
Message 26 of 70 (143 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Jul 22, 2013

Why the hell not? You only get the tags if you behind the back shiv someone. None of that bs smoke 

Message 27 of 70 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
97 posts

Jul 22, 2013
It would be pretty cool to get pendants with the persons name tag but I think ears are better trophies.
 photo TLOU1_zpsd19d635d.jpg
Message 28 of 70 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1463 posts

Jul 22, 2013

I like this idea. How about having bronze, silver, gold and platinum pendants? like bronze for shiving noobs, silver for getting higher levels, gold for getting higher levels and platinum pendants for getting players with a certain k/d ratio.

DID THE IRAQIS CAUSE 9/11 OR DID THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT CAUSE 9/11? YOUTUBE THIS THEN DECIDE FOR YOURSELF :- CIA WhistleBlower Susan Lindauer EXPOSES Everything " Extreme Prejudice" ... YOUTUBE THAT AND HEAR THAT THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT KNEW 9/11 WAS GOING TO HAPPEN AND HOW THEY PLANTED A BOMB IN THE BUILDINGS FOR MAXIMUM DAMAGE BECAUSE THEY WANTED 9/11 TO HAPPEN. IRAQIS WANTED PEACE BUT AMERICA WANTED WAR. DONT BELIEVE ME? THEN YOUTUBE IT YOURSELF
Message 29 of 70 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
529 posts

Jul 22, 2013

I can see some problems with the idea, especially if limited to shiv kills.

Firstly, let me say, shiv kills are awesome. I love 'em. I'm not anti-shiv in any way shape or form.

One problem i can foresee is the concept that a certain way of playing is kinda unfair to the guys who play the long range game, ie sniping, or covert bow users, that kinda thang. They are obviously not gonna feel happy that guys (like me) who play high risk high reward kinda gameplay are gonna get all the shineys, while they get zilch. In Game Lore terms, they still go over to get ammo/supplies off fallen enemies, so why would they not get their tags/atches etc too?

So then these unhappy guys have two options, lump it (& remain unhappy) or like it and embrace the dark side of shiving.

And now we end up with a totally changed core gameplay, instead of mainly slow careful combat, we end up with messes of rushers and smokers, all running brawler, and those chaotic moments of entire teams brawling it out (which are now rare enough to be fun) become the core gameplay, which wouldn't be fun. It would get old real quick.

My view, is either no-one gets tags, or every kills gets them regardless of how they were downed.

Or, a final idea, not tags, but some kinda badge/emblem options that are purely releted to how they were killed.

so we keep the shiv/tags idea, but snipers get summat else, similar but different. It may even encourage people to tray out more weapons/styles of playing too :smileyhappy:

'Rock is OP, paper is fine as it is': Scissors

Click This! ---> Youtube
Don't click this! --> Blog
Message 30 of 70 (168 Views)