Jul 02 2013
By: cdub420-- I Only Post Everything 866 posts

Shooting an Enemy in the Face Should be an Instant Down: Helmets need a tweek

12 replies 302 views Edited Jul 2, 2013

Ok I'll keep this short...I am tired of landing shots directly to an enemies face only to see his helmet blast off. I don't understand how a helmet somehow protects the front of your face from a bullet...it's stupid and needs to be fixed. Thoughts? Am I the only one annoyed by this? 

Message 1 of 13 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
3797 posts

Re: Shooting an Enemy in the Face Should be an Instant Down: Helmets need a tweek

Jul 2, 2013

cdub420-- wrote:

Ok I'll keep this short...I am tired of landing shots directly to an enemies face only to see his helmet blast off. I don't understand how a helmet somehow protects the front of your face from a bullet...it's stupid and needs to be fixed. Thoughts? Am I the only one annoyed by this? 

Shoot him in the neck.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 2 of 13 (293 Views)
Sackboy
378 posts

Re: Shooting an Enemy in the Face Should be an Instant Down: Helmets need a tweek

Jul 2, 2013

Flight Mask.

Message 3 of 13 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17641 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 2, 2013

cdub420-- wrote:

You can also shoot a man in the stomach and he keeps going, and doesn't writhe in pain on the ground.

You can shoot him in the foot, knee or hip, and he can still sprint over and brain you with a pointed stick.

You can hit a man on the head as hard as you can swing with a 2x4 and he can still, calmly, shoot you in the face with a hunting rifle and down you.

You can wrap a man's arm in alcohol and cloth and heal him from near death...

...ok, these you don't have an issue with...

It's a game!

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 4 of 13 (268 Views)
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Jul 2, 2013

@scootgar

So your cool with helmets protecting your face from bullets?

Message 5 of 13 (261 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 2, 2013

Shoot the legs, armor doesn't cover their legs. It wont break their armor but you'll down them normally as if you were shooting at them while they aren't wearing armor.

I would say lame it out like Dead Space and shoot the limbs, but that doesn't apply here as armor covers the arms, I think....correct me if I'm wrong Smiley Frustrated

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 6 of 13 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1351 posts

Jul 2, 2013

scootgar wrote:
a pointed stick.

Monty Python reference? Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 13 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Jul 2, 2013

Um...yeah I believe that was the point of his post. Also the helmets are intenional, they don't need to be fixed, it's not like everyone spawns with them. 

This is all coming from someone who uses the hunting rifle, trust me, the helmets are balanced.

Message 8 of 13 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
337 posts

Jul 2, 2013

Message 9 of 13 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
337 posts

Jul 2, 2013
Itz fine the way it is. They're right shoot em in the legs but my advice to you is get good, then get a group of ppl who r good to party with you, then utilize them.

My personal opinion, I like to take out ppls armor from long distances cuz they'll have wasted 500 parts. Also, I really don't mind and in fact almost prefer it when my team finishes what I started. Unless of course, if I have a mission about executions.
Message 10 of 13 (180 Views)
0 Likes