Highlighted
This widget could not be displayed.

Re: Shorty: Should a headshot be a 1 hit down?

Sep 28, 2013

There's a difference between countering another's opinion, and I would kindly go into depth with you on this argument if you didn't add childish personal insults into the mix and can debate like a sensible person. I didn't throw a single insult at you yet, but because I see the point of this matter differently than you, you go ahead and insult me in several of your posts.

There is realism in this game, which you so kindly pointed out some things already. Yet some things still have to be stretched a bit in terms of balance and enjoyment, etc. after all it is a video game made for entertainment purposes. Shall I speak more, or will you just ignore what I said some more and insult again?

photo Sniper.png
Message 51 of 69 (253 Views)
0 Likes

Oct 3, 2013
It's not supposed to be realistic but, yes I think a headshot with any weapon should be a down :-)
Message 52 of 69 (210 Views)
0 Likes

Oct 3, 2013

No. 

Realistically, being hit in the head with any firearm (of decent size/power) is going to be a down but this is a game and implementing that would ruin game balance.  If realism is what you want, it would make just as much sense to have critical hit percentages such that a single shot from any weapon to any part of the body could result in a down/execution.  An extreme example but I'd argue consistent with the logic behind having a shotty headshot being a down.

With TLOU (and most games), I want to play a game not a combat simulator.

Message 53 of 69 (201 Views)

Oct 3, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

There's a difference between countering another's opinion, and I would kindly go into depth with you on this argument if you didn't add childish personal insults into the mix and can debate like a sensible person. I didn't throw a single insult at you yet, but because I see the point of this matter differently than you, you go ahead and insult me in several of your posts.

There is realism in this game, which you so kindly pointed out some things already. Yet some things still have to be stretched a bit in terms of balance and enjoyment, etc. after all it is a video game made for entertainment purposes. Shall I speak more, or will you just ignore what I said some more and insult again?

Yeah, okay, so the doctor had to up my dosage, calm is enhanced. Looking back at my previous posts, I apparently was on a murderous rampage. To those with the attack wounds, my bads. Smiley Happy

Back on topic: After finally running into several different people who enjoy employing this device, and experiencing varying degrees of performance from said (including lag and a magical firing rate faster than the revolver, one guy was actually firing a double-barrel but that may've been bad connection issues), I'm of the opinion that this little beastie should just be removed. Or at the very least, turned into a double-barreled sawed-off, repetitive reloading might be a half-way decent nerfing... BUT NO 1-HIT DOWNS!! Smiley Surprised 

Photobucket
Message 54 of 69 (183 Views)

Oct 4, 2013
.-. What the ****.

Do you own this game? The shorty has only 2 shots and both do no damage, and yes 5 chunks of steel going at 500 maps to your face should kill you fast.
Message 55 of 69 (167 Views)
0 Likes

Oct 4, 2013
mps*
Message 56 of 69 (153 Views)
0 Likes

Oct 5, 2013

I think it should for the basic reason if a shotgun to the chest is a downer then a shorty to the head should be a downer too. Cuz, nonetheless, they are both shotguns just one is sawed-off.

thats just my thought though.

|| Twitter: @L_A_White_Boy ||Twitch: L_A_White_Boy ||
Message 57 of 69 (142 Views)
0 Likes

Oct 11, 2013

stardeth wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Yeah, okay, so the doctor had to up my dosage, calm is enhanced. Looking back at my previous posts, I apparently was on a murderous rampage. To those with the attack wounds, my bads. Smiley Happy

Back on topic: After finally running into several different people who enjoy employing this device, and experiencing varying degrees of performance from said (including lag and a magical firing rate faster than the revolver, one guy was actually firing a double-barrel but that may've been bad connection issues), I'm of the opinion that this little beastie should just be removed. Or at the very least, turned into a double-barreled sawed-off, repetitive reloading might be a half-way decent nerfing... BUT NO 1-HIT DOWNS!! Smiley Surprised 

No problem, it happens.

Also back on topic, I don't really mind it TOO much.  It definitely seems more prevelant lately for some reason, and I hate the fact that you're pretty much hosed if you run into it up close, especially with the armor rushers.  I wouldn't mind seeing its fire rate lowered by a decent ammount TBH.

To the people still saying it should be oneshot headshot, yes, it WOULD be realistic.  We've had this discussion.  Despite the fact that it's not realistic for it to take more than one shot, it's still necessary to require that it takes 2.  It's a 1 point weapon that can be carried in addition to any of the other primary weapons.  There's absolutely no way it should be able to outperform them as far as damage, and with a buff like this it would.  It's far too easy to get somebody's head in your giant reticle with the shorty.  Even if it WAS only at extremely close range, an enemy with armor could easily charge up and blast you in the dome before you could even put a dent in his health.  It's a common tactic already, and making it even more effective is just a terrible idea.

Message 58 of 69 (121 Views)

Oct 12, 2013
Dumb idea. Dumb topic.
Message 59 of 69 (111 Views)

Oct 12, 2013

This isn't a simulator, which is obvious due to the fact that I can revive my buddy to perfect health after he takes a 12 gauge of buckshot to the chest.

Balance > Realism imo. Shorty is fine.

Message 60 of 69 (108 Views)