Naughty Paw
10743 posts

Re: Shorty: Should a headshot be a 1 hit down?

Sep 23, 2013
^^^Are you sure?

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 11 of 69 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6716 posts

Sep 23, 2013

stardeth wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

lol that's such an unbalance if every gun downed in 1 HS

Sorry, I thought y'all had a little-known thing called common sense. ANY weapon should down in a single head shot depending on its effective range.Feel better now?

there is common sense. In this game particularly, having all guns down in 1 Headshot will make the slower firing guns virtually worthless as the smartest choice would be to go for fast firing guns since a single headshot would down.

Feet
Message 12 of 69 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
97 posts

Sep 23, 2013

That would break the game. This isn't COD.

the pistol would be so OP. You could just spam bullets and get an instant down.

Message 13 of 69 (322 Views)
Wastelander
493 posts

Sep 24, 2013
I agree that the Shorty should have a 1 hit headshot. It's kinda rare.
Message 14 of 69 (305 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1529 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 24, 2013

stardeth wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

Sorry, I thought y'all had a little-known thing called common sense. ANY weapon should down in a single head shot depending on its effective range.Feel better now?

That still doesn't make sense.  It would make the weapons power completely irrelevant.  All you'd have to do is pop on the (free) 9MM and spray for the head.

Also, shorty definitely SHOULDN'T be one-hit down on a headshot.  Its damage cone is massive.  All pretty much all you'd have to do is have their head on your screen and you could down them in one shot.  This, from a 1 point secondary weapon would be ridiculous.

Message 15 of 69 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
337 posts

Sep 24, 2013
If they do that change i will demand they buff military sniper vs helmet. Let it result on a one shot down
Message 16 of 69 (293 Views)
Fender Bender
2562 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 24, 2013

After the SAR nerf and the shorty buff I feel all weapons are absolutely and completely fine as they stand. I thought they were totally fine before, but now they're just fine and dandy - er.

How about we just stop requesting weapon changes now Smiley Happy

edit: excpet the machete of course, something needs to be done about that bad boy.

Message 17 of 69 (290 Views)
Fender Bender
3323 posts

Sep 24, 2013
Idk an up close headshot with the shorty not downing is kinda lame, but hey I'm willing to let it slide after the Semi SAR nerf (like what I did there? Smiley Wink), and am dying for a smoke and stealth kill with the Machete.
Message 18 of 69 (277 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1529 posts

Sep 24, 2013

MrBadNews- wrote:
If they do that change i will demand they buff military sniper vs helmet. Let it result on a one shot down

TBH I'd LOVE a change to the way helmets work.  Body armor gets broken off easy enough by bombs, molotovs, bodyshots, etc., but pretty much the only way a helmet is ever coming off is if somebody burns a sniper shot on it.  One shot against an unsuspecting enemy is difficult enough.  Getting the second shot without them getting away for free is pretty much impossible.  It's especially aggravating when you've payed so much for military sniper ammo and have to burn a bullet doing basically 0 damage to an enemy you have a very slim chance of getting the kill on.

Message 19 of 69 (274 Views)
Survivor
2432 posts

Sep 24, 2013

Bizzerker_Bauer wrote:

stardeth wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

That still doesn't make sense.  It would make the weapons power completely irrelevant.  All you'd have to do is pop on the (free) 9MM and spray for the head.

Also, shorty definitely SHOULDN'T be one-hit down on a headshot.  Its damage cone is massive.  All pretty much all you'd have to do is have their head on your screen and you could down them in one shot.  This, from a 1 point secondary weapon would be ridiculous.

Okay, so nobody else brought their common sense to the table. Here, give me your hand and I'll try to walk you through this...

The effective range of any shot-type weapon, be it a shorty or the shot gun, should not be very far from the weapon itself; as the shot spreads, the damage effect lessens. Those same real-world physics should be applied to these weapons, so that a shorty blast to the head from, say, 10 feet would be lethal, whereas the same shot from 30 feet would just p!$$ somebody off. BTW, spraying with the 9MM wouldn't be too smart, because unless you're actually aiming, you might not even hit a body, much less a head.

Photobucket
Message 20 of 69 (262 Views)
0 Likes