Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

Re: Shorty: Should a headshot be a 1 hit down?

Sep 24, 2013
For the love of god no. This is hilariously dumb...
Message 21 of 69 (200 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
6979 posts

Sep 24, 2013

stardeth wrote:

Bizzerker_Bauer wrote:

stardeth wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

lol that's such an unbalance if every gun downed in 1 HS

Sorry, I thought y'all had a little-known thing called common sense. ANY weapon should down in a single head shot depending on its effective range.Feel better now?

That still doesn't make sense.  It would make the weapons power completely irrelevant.  All you'd have to do is pop on the (free) 9MM and spray for the head.

Also, shorty definitely SHOULDN'T be one-hit down on a headshot.  Its damage cone is massive.  All pretty much all you'd have to do is have their head on your screen and you could down them in one shot.  This, from a 1 point secondary weapon would be ridiculous.

Okay, so nobody else brought their common sense to the table. Here, give me your hand and I'll try to walk you through this...

The effective range of any shot-type weapon, be it a shorty or the shot gun, should not be very far from the weapon itself; as the shot spreads, the damage effect lessens. Those same real-world physics should be applied to these weapons, so that a shorty blast to the head from, say, 10 feet would be lethal, whereas the same shot from 30 feet would just p!$$ somebody off. BTW, spraying with the 9MM wouldn't be too smart, because unless you're actually aiming, you might not even hit a body, much less a head.

even if a shot to the head is considered 100% lethal in real-life, you gotta understand that this is a game and certain realism IRL won't fit in this game or any MP game for that matter. You survive lethal gunshots and whatever else can hurt you in ridiculous ways not because the game is trying to stray away from real life but because of balance. Even military shooters who try the realistic approach in a way have to stretch rules in some department because in a balance standpoint I doubt a game wouldn't be too much fun if it were just like real life in every way.

I know what you're talking about with range HS's, I played a MP where this were the case and it worked in that MP due to the variety of guns, how health worked, etc. but in this slow paced game where it isn't to difficult to land a headshot with any gun and faster RoF guns are more forgiving at landing a Headshot it will make half the guns useless.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 22 of 69 (195 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

Sep 24, 2013
I would literally just run up and headshot people with it constantly...and within a day you would realize why it was a bad idea when the rest of the people reverted to stealth rushes on your boxes and headshot u.
Message 23 of 69 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2432 posts

Sep 24, 2013

darkseer24 wrote:
I would literally just run up and headshot people with it constantly...and within a day you would realize why it was a bad idea when the rest of the people reverted to stealth rushes on your boxes and headshot u.

Perhaps the shorty should be a purchased weapon, then. Of course, I also think that the cost for purchased weapons is ridiculously low, but who really sees THAT changing, either...

Photobucket
Message 24 of 69 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

Sep 24, 2013
If they raised the costs on purchased weapons then everyone would just save up until the end...and then shotguns would gain COMPLETE superiority and what was once an amazing game stardeth would devolve into SAR/shorty and then shotguns and literally nothing else...so basically you sir are wrong >_>
Message 25 of 69 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

Sep 24, 2013
and what you are imagining is a purchased weapon...its called a shotgun...
Message 26 of 69 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

Sep 24, 2013
The only difference would be people focusing on headshots instead of leg shots...
Message 27 of 69 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11475 posts

Sep 24, 2013
Dude, does the edit button not exist for you?

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 28 of 69 (155 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

Sep 24, 2013
Dude...do I care.
Message 29 of 69 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6979 posts

Sep 24, 2013

why would a shorty be a purchaseable if you have the shotgun right there?

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 30 of 69 (140 Views)