Hekseville Citizen
294 posts

Re: Shotgun appreciation thread

[ Edited ]
Jul 23, 2013

scootgar wrote:
So, I had a stack of one use boosters for cheaper purchased weapon. I decided to give a stealth, cqc build a try. While I got little out of a machete build, boy did I enjoy the shotgun.

Good range if aimed right, stopping power, interruption of melee, staggering enemies, and brutal finishing animations.

And good lord, had a bad start to one game and supply boxes started throwing ago at me, 7 at a time.

Starting to really enjoy this one. Anyone else using the shotgun regularly?

(Many thanks to friends who partied with me and made my trials easier.)

Yeah dude, I love the shotgun too. Pistol with Covert Training  and Listen Mode lvl 2 plus Auto-Pistol-Zoom is my loadout to go right now Smiley Wink Especially in Last Man Standing it's a life insurance lol

Message 21 of 27 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Jul 23, 2013

Sounds like I can trade one of my skills 3 points for a purchaseable Shotgun huh? XD Although I really dislike the loud bang it attracts unwanted attention LOL. Lately, I've been going with silenced semi auto rifle. Shotgun means going close range (urgh same as Shorty), sometimes it's a bad bad idea when the enemies just stick together, some of them with Covert and you can't see them on Listen mode. And I had bad experience of it going off point blank and guess what it did nothing for me...urghh

photo 6063e192-edce-4bf4-be38-1f5c5d2df1b7.jpg
My Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - twitter.com/mrsjimmymare
Message 22 of 27 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Jul 23, 2013

I have only used it a couple of times so far and the first time I used it I hit a guy dead in the face with it and he melee'd me, must have been lag. But anyway, the Shotgun is a great purchasable weapon which I should probably use more often. Smiley Happy

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 23 of 27 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16348 posts

Jul 27, 2013

Just adore this weapon, and the shiv.  A shotgun and Shiv party is truly the way to enjoy the game.  

I know people loathe getting shivved.  I know they get infuriated by close range "cheap" shotgun deaths.

So inflicting them... so choice.

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Message 24 of 27 (160 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jul 27, 2013

The shotgun never works for me. It always takes 2+ hits for me to down someone with it. The assault rifle on the other hand, I can usually down someone with 5-6 rounds, which is only half of the amount you purchase.

Message 25 of 27 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Big Daddy
16348 posts

Jul 27, 2013

DasAmkus wrote:

The shotgun never works for me. It always takes 2+ hits for me to down someone with it. The assault rifle on the other hand, I can usually down someone with 5-6 rounds, which is only half of the amount you purchase.

You do have to tick a couople boxes to get a down with the shotgun in one shot:

1.)  Centre of mass, or headshot from good range.

or

2.)  Leg shots if they have armour on.

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Message 26 of 27 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6310 posts

Aug 29, 2013

I'm sorry for bumping this thread back up but I gotta appreciate the heck outta this shotgun!! the amount of damage a shotgun with 10+ shells can do is amazing!!! Making a comeback of 2vs4 when we had 0 lives and they had 2 lives left was so epic blasting off their chests and everything!

photo Sniper.png
Message 27 of 27 (94 Views)
0 Likes