Its about as consistant as bombs are for me.
I could pop someone point blank and they shrug it off. Other times I down someone at a range that shouldn't be viable.
Pretty much how I've found it, although one of my mates swears by it!
hilarious to see a guy running at me with melee or whatever, and to just blast his chest off downing him instantly lol.
not sure if this thread applies to it...but the shotguns little baby brother the shorty is great as well and surprisingly they work well together lol.
Whenever I start having a bad game, I switch to a loadout with the shotgun and it always makes me feel better.
The shotgun is one of the only guns that can stop a moltov user before he can toast you.
omg my favorite moment with the shotgun, being the last man standing against the whole enemy team with like 5 lives!
The welfare system basically gave me max shotgun ammo in 1 supply cache and they all started rushing me and I downed their whole team with shotgun spam, they killed me on the next wave sadly...but i felt so epic taking down a swarm of enemies with just the shotgun.
*Raise hand* I'm a shotgun scrub. About two weeks ago, I discovered a practical way to utilize this tremendous power. With my supply heaven medic loadout, I've gotten an average of 5 buckshots and 3 shotgun downs n every match. It makes my medic loadout more destructive and unpredictable that can change the tides of the game. Every enemies are shalmed and terrorized in my hands.
- Instant down in short and blank-point range
- You can down an enemy in mid-range with at least 2 shotbucks
- Can damage two enemies together in close range at the same time
- What AKyemeni says (thanks!)
- Counterattack against rushers
- Can rapid fire
- Can remove the armor in one shot in close range
- You can go Rambo with it sometime...
- Equipped in supply heaven loadout = good lord...
- Welfare system can give you 5 shotbucks if you're doing poorly in the game.
- High pain wobble and recoil
- Very noticeable loud
- Not suitable for long range (duh)
- Not effective against meleers (when they get in your face and melee you) because you'll miss some portion of the body
- Each ammo cost more parts
- Only 2 ammo for each purchase
- Shotgun, upgrades, or armor? decision
I think it's on par with Assault Rifle and Military Sniper imo, and I'm going to stick with it.