Hekseville Citizen
304 posts

Re: Shotgun appreciation thread

[ Edited ]
Jul 23, 2013

scootgar wrote:
So, I had a stack of one use boosters for cheaper purchased weapon. I decided to give a stealth, cqc build a try. While I got little out of a machete build, boy did I enjoy the shotgun.

Good range if aimed right, stopping power, interruption of melee, staggering enemies, and brutal finishing animations.

And good lord, had a bad start to one game and supply boxes started throwing ago at me, 7 at a time.

Starting to really enjoy this one. Anyone else using the shotgun regularly?

(Many thanks to friends who partied with me and made my trials easier.)

Yeah dude, I love the shotgun too. Pistol with Covert Training  and Listen Mode lvl 2 plus Auto-Pistol-Zoom is my loadout to go right now Smiley Wink Especially in Last Man Standing it's a life insurance lol

Message 21 of 27 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Jul 23, 2013

Sounds like I can trade one of my skills 3 points for a purchaseable Shotgun huh? XD Although I really dislike the loud bang it attracts unwanted attention LOL. Lately, I've been going with silenced semi auto rifle. Shotgun means going close range (urgh same as Shorty), sometimes it's a bad bad idea when the enemies just stick together, some of them with Covert and you can't see them on Listen mode. And I had bad experience of it going off point blank and guess what it did nothing for me...urghh

photo 6063e192-edce-4bf4-be38-1f5c5d2df1b7.jpg
My Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - twitter.com/mrsjimmymare
Message 22 of 27 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2203 posts

Jul 23, 2013

I have only used it a couple of times so far and the first time I used it I hit a guy dead in the face with it and he melee'd me, must have been lag. But anyway, the Shotgun is a great purchasable weapon which I should probably use more often. Smiley Happy

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 23 of 27 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17666 posts

Jul 27, 2013

Just adore this weapon, and the shiv.  A shotgun and Shiv party is truly the way to enjoy the game.  

I know people loathe getting shivved.  I know they get infuriated by close range "cheap" shotgun deaths.

So inflicting them... so choice.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 24 of 27 (177 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jul 27, 2013

The shotgun never works for me. It always takes 2+ hits for me to down someone with it. The assault rifle on the other hand, I can usually down someone with 5-6 rounds, which is only half of the amount you purchase.

Message 25 of 27 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17666 posts

Jul 27, 2013

DasAmkus wrote:

The shotgun never works for me. It always takes 2+ hits for me to down someone with it. The assault rifle on the other hand, I can usually down someone with 5-6 rounds, which is only half of the amount you purchase.

You do have to tick a couople boxes to get a down with the shotgun in one shot:

1.)  Centre of mass, or headshot from good range.

or

2.)  Leg shots if they have armour on.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 26 of 27 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7291 posts

Aug 29, 2013

I'm sorry for bumping this thread back up but I gotta appreciate the heck outta this shotgun!! the amount of damage a shotgun with 10+ shells can do is amazing!!! Making a comeback of 2vs4 when we had 0 lives and they had 2 lives left was so epic blasting off their chests and everything!

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 27 of 27 (111 Views)
0 Likes