Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 06 2013
By: HoodlumX Uncharted Territory 1357 posts

Should NailBomb Mines be taken out?

[ Edited ]
27 replies 468 views Edited Jul 6, 2013

Does anyone else hate the idea of these things being used as mines? First off, it don't even make any logical sense. A mine is set off due to pressure being applied to it. How does a nail bomb go off? You just walk within a certain distance of it and it blows up? That makes no sense. Anyways, what is the point of having them in the game? All people do is set them on supply boxes and around corners. It just defeats the purpose of skill in the multiplayer. Believe me, I'm not making this because I got "owned" by them. I just wish they couldn't be set as mines.

I just laugh, because I picture myself putting nails in a can with powder and sitting it somewhere for someone to walk into. They come around a corner and BOOM... they blow up. Seriously? I like the idea of the bomb having different uses, but I just think the idea of it being used as a mine in this game is dumb. It just feels cheap and doesn't blend well with this game.

...in before: "Dude, just mark them with R3!", "I get so many downs with them, don't change it!", "I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico."

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 28 (468 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2471 posts

Re: Should NailBomb Mines be taken out?

Jul 6, 2013

I like them. 

No   nerfing no taking out.. everything is fine as far as balance goes imho other than the gamebreaking lag that rears it's head. 

ND reads their tweets.
Tweet to them the need for an All competitive playlist. Maybe they'll listen.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 28 (460 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

Jul 6, 2013

Yeah and take out the guns from the game. I cant ever advance far enough because people keep shooting me. 

sig photo PizSig_zpsfd246efd.png
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 28 (453 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1357 posts

Jul 6, 2013

In all honesty, I don't care if it gets fixed or not. I just wanted to rant about it. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 28 (452 Views)
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Jul 6, 2013
Hilarious XD kudos for you!
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 28 (434 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Jul 6, 2013

HoodlumX wrote:

Does anyone else hate the idea of these things being used as mines? First off, it don't even make any logical sense. A mine is set off due to pressure being applied to it. How does a nail bomb go off? You just walk within a certain distance of it and it blows up? That makes no sense. Anyways, what is the point of having them in the game? All people do is set them on supply boxes and around corners. It just defeats the purpose of skill in the multiplayer. Believe me, I'm not making this because I got "owned" by them. I just wish they couldn't be set as mines.

I just laugh, because I picture myself putting nails in a can with powder and sitting it somewhere for someone to walk into. They come around a corner and BOOM... they blow up. Seriously? I like the idea of the bomb having different uses, but I just think the idea of it being used as a mine in this game is dumb. It just feels cheap and doesn't blend well with this game.

...in before: "Dude, just mark them with R3!", "I get so many downs with them, don't change it!", "I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico."

no way, nail bombs are cool. you rusher types have molotovs us campers have our mines.

The Kingdom of Longbow shall reign forever, for it is written in the stars above~
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 28 (430 Views)
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Jul 6, 2013
LOL Kudos for admitting you just wanted to rant about it! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 28 (416 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1802 posts

Jul 6, 2013

HoodlumX wrote:

You take that out man and my girlfriend won't be happy XD

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGOODKyle
http://www.twitch.tv/thegoodkyle
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 28 (412 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16248 posts

Jul 6, 2013

HoodlumX wrote:

Does anyone else hate the idea of these things being used as mines?

They're perfectly fine.  is there any more logic to picking up YOUR ammo off a dead enemy, rather than the ammo for HIS weapon?

Logic doesn't apply.  

No Nerfs.  No changes.  Give it time to play out.

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 28 (409 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1357 posts

Jul 6, 2013

GOODKyle wrote:

HoodlumX wrote:

You take that out man and my girlfriend won't be happy XD

Well you two saw me tripping over them around every corner. I felt like I was in a mine field. I'm like the black guy in movies. I always die first, while giving my team a heads up.

*BOOM* "Oh, I guess they're over there where HoodlumX just got blown to pieces."

:smileylol:

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 28 (408 Views)
0 Likes