Lombax Warrior
90 posts

Re: Should NailBomb Mines be taken out?

Jul 7, 2013

HoodlumX wrote:

Does anyone else hate the idea of these things being used as mines? First off, it don't even make any logical sense. A mine is set off due to pressure being applied to it. How does a nail bomb go off? You just walk within a certain distance of it and it blows up? That makes no sense. Anyways, what is the point of having them in the game? All people do is set them on supply boxes and around corners. It just defeats the purpose of skill in the multiplayer. Believe me, I'm not making this because I got "owned" by them. I just wish they couldn't be set as mines.

I just laugh, because I picture myself putting nails in a can with powder and sitting it somewhere for someone to walk into. They come around a corner and BOOM... they blow up. Seriously? I like the idea of the bomb having different uses, but I just think the idea of it being used as a mine in this game is dumb. It just feels cheap and doesn't blend well with this game.

...in before: "Dude, just mark them with R3!", "I get so many downs with them, don't change it!", "I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico."

They punish lone wolfs

Against a group working as a team, they are completely ineffective.

Message 21 of 28 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
901 posts

Jul 7, 2013

I like that it cane be used as a mine, because it's projictile use is underpowered. There is too much warning when the mine is thrown. I'd say the nail bomb in general is well balanced (unlike the overpowered molotov).

Message 22 of 28 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
111 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Maybe if the OP used listen mode instead of just running around corners, he wouldn't have made this thread.

Message 23 of 28 (147 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3236 posts

Jul 7, 2013
Honestly once you figure out the commonly used spots and use listen mode more often you'll almost never get killed by mines. Nothing needs to be done about them IMO.
Edits, Commentaries, Community Videos, and LULZ!
Message 24 of 28 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

HoodlumX wrote:

Does anyone else hate the idea of these things being used as mines? First off, it don't even make any logical sense. A mine is set off due to pressure being applied to it. How does a nail bomb go off? You just walk within a certain distance of it and it blows up? That makes no sense. Anyways, what is the point of having them in the game? All people do is set them on supply boxes and around corners. It just defeats the purpose of skill in the multiplayer. Believe me, I'm not making this because I got "owned" by them. I just wish they couldn't be set as mines.

I just laugh, because I picture myself putting nails in a can with powder and sitting it somewhere for someone to walk into. They come around a corner and BOOM... they blow up. Seriously? I like the idea of the bomb having different uses, but I just think the idea of it being used as a mine in this game is dumb. It just feels cheap and doesn't blend well with this game.

...in before: "Dude, just mark them with R3!", "I get so many downs with them, don't change it!", "I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico."

+

HoodlumX wrote:

GOODKyle wrote:

HoodlumX wrote:

You take that out man and my girlfriend won't be happy XD

Well you two saw me tripping over them around every corner. I felt like I was in a mine field. I'm like the black guy in movies. I always die first, while giving my team a heads up.

*BOOM* "Oh, I guess they're over there where HoodlumX just got blown to pieces."

:smileylol:

=
Quit complaining because you are getting downed or dying from things in the game  that are perfectly fine.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 25 of 28 (127 Views)
Lombax Warrior
111 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Oh EyeCue.. How I laughed..

Message 26 of 28 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Jul 7, 2013
It's funny when your entire team sets mines in an entire building. All over the place.
Message 27 of 28 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

Honestly, I think it's fine. What I don't like is that they don't always show up in listen mode. I'm almost positive if you have stealth 2 and lay mines they can't be seen in listen mode. There's also the issue of placing mines in certain ways as to not be shot, and players placing mines on top of themselves so as to exploit the non damaging side of it if an enemy trips it, and not you.

There's also the completely random terrain that will sometimes disallow for the mines to be shot, so you have to trigger tham and run, which may or may not kill you.

It also gets to be a bother when all the enemy team does in collect supplies and constantly drop them everywhere. Ought to be a limit on how many will stay active on the map at once from one player.

To be fair explosives like this could work, but you'd need to bury them. I'd honestly prefer it if you had to set them like Bill's traps. That way they're easier to spot, harder to set up, but more effective in some ways.

Message 28 of 28 (85 Views)
0 Likes