Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 11 2013
By: A-Crap-PIayer I Only Post Everything 1063 posts

Silenced Shorty + Bow Combo vs Shorty + Bow Combo

62 replies 436 views Edited Nov 11, 2013

Ive recently been trying this load out ... Silenced Shorty + Bow + Sharpshooter 3 + First Aid Training 1 ... I know most people say theres no need for silenced shorty but Ive been in several fights on my own vs several enemies where they weren't spotting me while I kept shooting them with a shorty. If you dont have much experience with the silenced shorty I would advise to try it out and see what you think. Please discuss why you like the shorty + bow combo and if you prefer silenced shorty or unsilenced shorty thanks.

ATTENTION :- On Gamefaqs forums you get modded when you have done something wrong but on Naughty Dog forums you and your thread sometimes gets modded when someone else does something wrong in your thread. How is it right to mod person A for person B's words? Because of Rizzlard7 starting trouble in the Do you Teabag Gesture thread he caused the author of that thread to get modded. I then got modded for starting a teabag thread because of Rizzlard7 previous comments my thread got deleted and I got modded even though no one had started anything in my thread. Being modded for what others say is wrong and mods shouldn't get away with it. lovely1rainbow has wrongly modded me twice for other peoples words.
Message 1 of 63 (436 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
925 posts

Re: Silenced Shorty + Bow Combo vs Shorty + Bow Combo

Nov 11, 2013

ive used a silenced loadout and one without them, seems like once you open fire people find you anyways. its not worth the extra 2-4 points to me. i am all for covert but the silencers seem useless.

Message 2 of 63 (429 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16326 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 11, 2013

I find the shorty a gimmick, because I don't really understand or feel the effective range.

I use it with a flamethrower loadout as a troll weapon.  I love using it for Special Executions, because they're brutal, and PAL-region people can't see the true brutality.

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Message 3 of 63 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Nov 11, 2013

@scoot have you spent enough time with a fully upgraded shorty? I've been messing around with it lately and it often almost feel unfair :smileyvery-happy:

Message 4 of 63 (408 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
9064 posts

Nov 11, 2013

dh0rmazine wrote:

@scoot have you spent enough time with a fully upgraded shorty? I've been messing around with it lately and it often almost feel unfair :smileyvery-happy:

Can you feel the difference between upgraded shorties? Because I can't...

AKsWiseWords.png

Message 5 of 63 (403 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
925 posts

Nov 11, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:

dh0rmazine wrote:

Can you feel the difference between upgraded shorties? Because I can't...

level 2 i can but level 1, no.

Message 6 of 63 (395 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
925 posts

Nov 11, 2013

scootgar wrote:

I find the shorty a gimmick, because I don't really understand or feel the effective range.

I use it with a flamethrower loadout as a troll weapon.  I love using it for Special Executions, because they're brutal, and PAL-region people can't see the true brutality.

the shorty is no gimic weapon, i get half my downs with it. its advantage is close range of course but its real power is how you can pop out of cover, fire quickly, duck, reload, and fire again. while they are trying to line you up with their little revolvers, 9mms, ect you just point in their general direction even right after sprinting and it will hit. It can also take down 2 at a time.

Message 7 of 63 (393 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16326 posts

Nov 11, 2013

dh0rmazine wrote:

I haven't.  I tend to spend all my money from the loadout on flame ammo.

AK was asking me about it, too.  I don't know enough about the standard performance to judge the upgrade.

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Message 8 of 63 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6008 posts

Nov 11, 2013

I use shorty + bow in one of my exclusive loadouts. Since the bow is inherently silent and arguably superior to silenced guns in terms of stealth, I see no need to do so with the shorty.

As far as the upgraded shorty RoF goes, you can tell if you shoot ther shots in succession, but I personally always found the shorty more effective in fitting in punches and/or bobbing and weaving while shooting the shorty regardless of being level 0 or level 2. The reload speed does become tolerable though once upgraded.

photo Sniper.png
Message 9 of 63 (391 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
244 posts

Nov 11, 2013

I haven't used the shorty much.  Much like scootgar, I find it unreliable (because I too have trouble figuring out the range and how to actually get a down with it)...  I that gun kind of like a mini-shotgun, though I have a better understanding of the shotgun's mechanics.

On that note however, I have seen more people lately using it.

I was wondering if anyone had any good tips or thoughts on it (not entirely pertaining to the thread I know).

The infected as seen in TLOU Multiplayer:

Runners- Noobs
Stalkers- Covert Training 3 users
Clickers- Constant reloaders
Bloaters- People getting blown up by bombs
Message 10 of 63 (389 Views)
0 Likes