Limit Breaker
17371 posts

Re: Silenced Shorty + Bow Combo vs Shorty + Bow Combo

[ Edited ]
Nov 11, 2013

I know a couple people who use it as a finisher, since it's a one-shot execution.  They'll down with an SAR or BR, and finish with the shorty.  It's quick, in a frantic firefight.

I will say it seems to have a long range.  And I did one-shot down a guy to the face today.  Is that usual or can one assume he was injured?

I also have trouble quick aiming, because I tend to run with my aim too damned low, anyway.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 11 of 63 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6805 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 12, 2013

Swordsman20 wrote:

I haven't used the shorty much.  Much like scootgar, I find it unreliable (because I too have trouble figuring out the range and how to actually get a down with it)...  I that gun kind of like a mini-shotgun, though I have a better understanding of the shotgun's mechanics.

On that note however, I have seen more people lately using it.

I was wondering if anyone had any good tips or thoughts on it (not entirely pertaining to the thread I know).

sidestep and run around when face to face with an enemy, any weapon will have trouble shooting you and while you wait it out for the slow RoF, you can get the 2nd shot in getting the down.

mix in melee with the shorty, unmodded 2x4, a double punch, or a machete mixed in with 1 shorty shot is enough to down a guy.

popping in and out of cover when near a guy, shooting one at a time is an effective way to surpress the enemy.

it has better range than you think, the thing can still down in 2 hits from a fair distance away and when in medium range, it can still down in an easy 3, maybe 4 shots as well.

@scoot, I'm not sure if a headshot does more damage with the shorty, but as far as I know it still takes 2 shots to down in the head with a shorty, you're better off going for body shots with it, unless you really want the extra headshot parts.

Feet
Message 12 of 63 (252 Views)
I Only Post Everything
927 posts

Nov 12, 2013

Swordsman20 wrote:

I haven't used the shorty much.  Much like scootgar, I find it unreliable (because I too have trouble figuring out the range and how to actually get a down with it)...  I that gun kind of like a mini-shotgun, though I have a better understanding of the shotgun's mechanics.

I was wondering if anyone had any good tips or thoughts on it (not entirely pertaining to the thread I know).

its really good to ambush people with while using covert, and i bob and weave with it, you know fleetfoot with it? unlike the other weapons you can fleetfoot with it and it still hits, a GIANT ADVANTAGE.  Or you can one shot and punch and win, even against armor enemies.

Message 13 of 63 (250 Views)
I Only Post Everything
927 posts

Nov 12, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Swordsman20 wrote:

sidestep and run around when face to face with an enemy, any weapon will have trouble shooting you and while you wait it out for the slow RoF, you can get the 2nd shot in getting the down.

mix in melee with the shorty, unmodded 2x4, a double punch, or a machete mixed in with 1 shorty shot is enough to down a guy.

popping in and out of cover when near a guy, shooting one at a time is an effective way to surpress the enemy.

it has better range than you think, the thing can still down in 2 hits from a fair distance away and when in medium range, it can still down in an easy 3, maybe 4 shots as well.

your advice sounds like mine, welcome to the shorty club.

Message 14 of 63 (248 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Nov 12, 2013

@ sanddude20 and reeLongbow:

Thanks, guys... I will have to try it out... Kudos for the advice.

The infected as seen in TLOU Multiplayer:

Runners- Noobs
Stalkers- Covert Training 3 users
Clickers- Constant reloaders
Bloaters- People getting blown up by bombs
Message 15 of 63 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1872 posts

Nov 12, 2013

Swordsman feel free to post your thoughts here after your experience with the shorty if you wish Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 63 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3375 posts

Nov 12, 2013

Shorty is not a gimmick. Yes upgrade it much more noticeable 2nd upgrade, but 1st upgrade u can notice after u use it once. Another weapon that a buff helped. Machete gets lowered to 3 loadout points expect to see more shorty machete lethal combos. ACP, silent shorty in the right hands is great. 

If your doing well with it keep it going. I suggest upgrading once and if u can twice do it. Why did Ryokusonic not comment yet? he is a shorty enthusiast!

Message 17 of 63 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Nov 12, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:

dh0rmazine wrote:

@scoot have you spent enough time with a fully upgraded shorty? I've been messing around with it lately and it often almost feel unfair Smiley Very Happy

Can you feel the difference between upgraded shorties? Because I can't...

At least from the first upgrade, yeah. At base level the shorty seems like either a finisher (to execute or to down an already damaged opponent) or a melee tool (shoot and punch) but at the second to third upgrade it can hold its own at a two hit down. I love running shorty only in cqc

Message 18 of 63 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
468 posts

Nov 12, 2013

Shorty is good on smaller maps or when people are rushing at you, the silencer is pretty useless for me with the shorty tho just because I mostly use it after people already know where I'm at, silencers are better for long range weapons where you can shoot from far away and they have no idea where it's coming from.

Check Out the PuertoRicanNinja!
TLOU Factions Gameplay, Montages, Funny Moments and more!
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/GustavoRodriguez1991
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/puertoricanninja91
Message 19 of 63 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1174 posts

Nov 12, 2013
When I use the shorty, I use it as a sole and only weapon paired along with Covert 2, Strategist 3, and Sharp Ears 2. I get most of my kills from shivs but when I run out of shivs or I'm in the rare but possible occasion that I cannot flank properly/ need to stay with my team the shorty is a good weapon for stopping people. Seeing as I have limited ammo and my weapon isn't silenced, I only shoot my shorty when I'm 100% positive I'm going to down the person I'm shooting in 2 hits.
Skill, Coordination, and Experience will lead a team to victory.
Message 20 of 63 (177 Views)