Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
925 posts

Re: Silenced Shorty + Bow Combo vs Shorty + Bow Combo

Nov 12, 2013

RyokuSonic wrote:
When I use the shorty, I use it as a sole and only weapon paired along with Covert 2, Strategist 3, and Sharp Ears 2. I get most of my kills from shivs but when I run out of shivs or I'm in the rare but possible occasion that I cannot flank properly/ need to stay with my team the shorty is a good weapon for stopping people. Seeing as I have limited ammo and my weapon isn't silenced, I only shoot my shorty when I'm 100% positive I'm going to down the person I'm shooting in 2 hits.

Those are some good boosters, behind covert and marathon, strategist is my fav.

Message 21 of 63 (216 Views)
Sackboy
468 posts

Nov 12, 2013

reeLONGBOW wrote:

RyokuSonic wrote:
When I use the shorty, I use it as a sole and only weapon paired along with Covert 2, Strategist 3, and Sharp Ears 2. I get most of my kills from shivs but when I run out of shivs or I'm in the rare but possible occasion that I cannot flank properly/ need to stay with my team the shorty is a good weapon for stopping people. Seeing as I have limited ammo and my weapon isn't silenced, I only shoot my shorty when I'm 100% positive I'm going to down the person I'm shooting in 2 hits.

Those are some good boosters, behind covert and marathon, strategist is my fav.

You must play a lot of interrogation then, Strategist 3 is great for Interrogation, it's alright in Supply Raid and in Survivors mode it's useless for the most part.

Check Out the PuertoRicanNinja!
TLOU Factions Gameplay, Montages, Funny Moments and more!
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/GustavoRodriguez1991
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/puertoricanninja91
Message 22 of 63 (205 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

Nov 14, 2013

Been using Shorty these few days. I trade in my Revolver for Shorty.

Tried Silenced and non silenced.

I basically took down 2 guys LMS Survivors at Checkpoint that day (ok, and then it said I got kicked from the match...).

Yes, it's a wonderful weapon to take down 2 enemies at once but you must use it with Stealth, don't go running INTO enemies, it doesn't work that way.

I don't use my Shorty (except to Execute) before upgrade.

I want to try upgrading it to level 2 now, you guys are tempting me. :smileytongue:

It's a great alternative to shivs and we don't want to be running across the map with a modded 2x4 (that's too noobish).

Just use Shorty (for me). I usually shivved one of them, then BAM! my Shorty at the other guy! All I can say is if you want to use Shorty in combat, you need a plan of attack. Can't afford to behave like headless chicken. :smileywink:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join or Support us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheLastOfUsVideos

Visit my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - www.twitter.com/mrsjimmymare

Message 23 of 63 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Nov 15, 2013

Why use silenced weapons without covert?

Shorty on its own is fine with bow setup.. but bow without covert? bow is great especially upgraded and with sharpshooter.. but until you have upgraded you are at a big disadvantage if you don't get the first shot

Message 24 of 63 (159 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1063 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2013

^ Using silenced weapons can only be done with covert? I use silenced weapons to stay off of the radar so enemies take longer to find me. I dont understand why you think you can only use silenced weapons with covert but understand that using your unsilenced shorty makes you show up on radar so makes your covert pointless. People think silencing the shorty is pointless but it saves me from enemies who are not close enough to hear the shorty but are coming in my direction but dont know where I am because I silenced my shorty and am off the radar and off the listen mode due to standing still. Then I wait for them to revive their team mate then bang bang they down. The silenced shorty is underrated.

ATTENTION :- On Gamefaqs forums you get modded when you have done something wrong but on Naughty Dog forums you and your thread sometimes gets modded when someone else does something wrong in your thread. How is it right to mod person A for person B's words? Because of Rizzlard7 starting trouble in the Do you Teabag Gesture thread he caused the author of that thread to get modded. I then got modded for starting a teabag thread because of Rizzlard7 previous comments my thread got deleted and I got modded even though no one had started anything in my thread. Being modded for what others say is wrong and mods shouldn't get away with it. lovely1rainbow has wrongly modded me twice for other peoples words.
Message 25 of 63 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Nov 15, 2013

You use unsilenced shotty.. down someone.. his teamates see it on radar rush over check listen mode.. but with covert you can go into hiding and move away or ambush them easily.. i actually like showing up in radar time by time due to this..

I didn't say it can only be done with covert anyway.. i just think Bow without covert is not using it to its potential because in a straight out fight vs the other large weapons you come second without the first shot or it upgraded.. why not just use sar

Message 26 of 63 (146 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1063 posts

Nov 15, 2013

I go into hiding and ambush too but without using 4 load out points on Covert 2, its called standing still = listen mode useless. Bow does not need Covert if it has Sharpshooter 3. If you need Covert with bow with Sharpshooter 3 then thats you that needs it not me. Different strokes for different folks. You need to use what you feel is best but Ive tried silenced shorty and shorty and I get more attention and deaths from using unsilenced shorty. Its good to hear your views though and I might give your strategy a go. Does anyone know how long you stay on radar for after shooting a weapon?

ATTENTION :- On Gamefaqs forums you get modded when you have done something wrong but on Naughty Dog forums you and your thread sometimes gets modded when someone else does something wrong in your thread. How is it right to mod person A for person B's words? Because of Rizzlard7 starting trouble in the Do you Teabag Gesture thread he caused the author of that thread to get modded. I then got modded for starting a teabag thread because of Rizzlard7 previous comments my thread got deleted and I got modded even though no one had started anything in my thread. Being modded for what others say is wrong and mods shouldn't get away with it. lovely1rainbow has wrongly modded me twice for other peoples words.
Message 27 of 63 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Nov 15, 2013

Don't think i have ever used sharpshooter 3/Covert 2 with bow before but i might try it now lol

Maybe i am to relaint on covert tbh.. it's just what gets me most downs due to flanking 

Do u feel a big difference between sharpshooter 3 + upgraded bow vs just upgrade bow?

That's also why i like this game.. everyone has different setups.. i don't see totally dominant setups like in some other Mp games

Message 28 of 63 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5879 posts

Nov 15, 2013

I still don't see the big deal on covert, I used it sure for a while, but after realizing that I can get the same affects by standing still and adapting to pretend listen mode doesn't exist. I never touched it again (except for the free shiv sometimes)

True Balance:
We felt that the Hunting Rifle wasn’t effective enough at mid-range due to its very slow fire rate. While every weapon doesn’t have to be as effective at every range, so much combat occurs at short to mid ranges in The Last of Us that we felt the Hunting Rifle felt was not effective in enough situations. By increasing its damage the Hunting Rifle user is now more likely to get a down on a wounded player, or can combo a Hunting Rifle with a pistol to try and fight effectively at mid-range.
Message 29 of 63 (136 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1063 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2013

Yeah snoot its a good variety for sure :smileyhappy: I became reliant on Covert Training 2 but when I stopped using it I realised I didn't need it. With Sharpshooter 3 and Bow theres a real difference which means you can go into fire fights and win 1v1 straight up fire fights. I also realised that silencing weapons is priority over Covert Training 2 because with a unsilenced weapon your enemies are guaranteed to know your position on radar whereas its not guaranteed that they are using listen mode and even if they are just stand still and listen mode becomes useless to them. Once I down someone I hide and stand still so no one knows Im there.

Message 30 of 63 (127 Views)
0 Likes