Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
925 posts

Re: Silenced Shorty + Bow Combo vs Shorty + Bow Combo

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

I still don't see the big deal on covert, I used it sure for a while, but after realizing that I can get the same affects by standing still and adapting to pretend listen mode doesn't exist. I never touched it again (except for the free shiv sometimes)

When you camp behind walls waiting for someone to walk into an ambush , it really really matters.

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 63 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5719 posts

Nov 15, 2013

not really, because you can do it without covert

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 63 (144 Views)
I Only Post Everything
925 posts

Nov 15, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

not really, because you can do it without covert

people can see you on listen mode without covert, even holding perfectly still they will see a bubble like pop up were someone is rather than their outline, i know youve seen that greyish aura when you use listen mode, i think thats non covert users trying to be stealth.

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 63 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5719 posts

Nov 15, 2013

I don't use listen mode, and I can also stealth just fine without covert. I'm not saying covert 2/3 doesn't help, just saying it is entirely possible to be stealthy without it, hence why I don't see all the talk behind it being one of the better survival skills overall.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 63 (133 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
925 posts

Nov 15, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

I don't use listen mode, and I can also stealth just fine without covert. I'm not saying covert 2/3 doesn't help, just saying it is entirely possible to be stealthy without it, hence why I don't see all the talk behind it being one of the better survival skills overall.

its very useful for campers, so is sharp ears.  it completly makes me immune to a game mechanic and buffs the one i am immune too.

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 63 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5719 posts

Nov 15, 2013

I...ok? good for you

photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 63 (127 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1062 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2013

Those bubbles are on everyone including Covert Training 2 users. Those bubbles and strategist 2 are counters to Covert Training 2 users.

ATTENTION :- On Gamefaqs forums you get modded when you have done something wrong but on Naughty Dog forums you and your thread sometimes gets modded when someone else does something wrong in your thread. How is it right to mod person A for person B's words? Because of Rizzlard7 starting trouble in the Do you Teabag Gesture thread he caused the author of that thread to get modded. I then got modded for starting a teabag thread because of Rizzlard7 previous comments my thread got deleted and I got modded even though no one had started anything in my thread. Being modded for what others say is wrong and mods shouldn't get away with it. lovely1rainbow has wrongly modded me twice for other peoples words.
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 63 (123 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 16, 2013

Yeah I was thinking even Covert 2-3 users give off a "bubble" when you check for them in listen mode.

I almost always has Covert on as soon as I ditched my Crafter 3, FAT loadout (yeah I tried to unlock some stuff).

I went back to playing some Singleplayer.

Then I started playing competitively on mp with assault (not the default Assault) loadout.

I want to be happy with my kills/deaths not just gifting a bunch of stuff throughout the game.

I wanted to shiv and perform stealth.

I wanted to kill someone long distance without them ever noticing me.

I supposed it can be done without Covert but well that's just me.

I'm sure anyone can just spend their LPs on anything but I like what I'm using. I might experiment with some other skills or guns someday when I feel like it. But for now, it's fine. :heart:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join or Support us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheLastOfUsVideos

Visit my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - www.twitter.com/mrsjimmymare

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 63 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Nov 16, 2013
Really only feasible for small maps.

In my opinion anyway, shorty is a fun gun tho
Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 63 (100 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
925 posts

Nov 16, 2013

mrsjimmymare wrote:

Yeah I was thinking even Covert 2-3 users give off a "bubble" when you check for them in listen mode.

I almost always has Covert on as soon as I ditched my Crafter 3, FAT loadout (yeah I tried to unlock some stuff).

I went back to playing some Singleplayer.

Then I started playing competitively on mp with assault (not the default Assault) loadout.

I want to be happy with my kills/deaths not just gifting a bunch of stuff throughout the game.

I wanted to shiv and perform stealth.

I wanted to kill someone long distance without them ever noticing me.

I supposed it can be done without Covert but well that's just me.

I'm sure anyone can just spend their LPs on anything but I like what I'm using. I might experiment with some other skills or guns someday when I feel like it. But for now, it's fine. :heart:

I don't think those "bubble aura's" show against Covert users, i think that is for people who don't use covert and are idle and not moving. Reason i think this is ive used listen mode and nothing showed up just for a covert user to pop around the corner. And also whenever ive seen that bubble aura pop up its always been idle and no movment. If it showed covert users it would show them moving if it shows them idle. make sense?

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 63 (95 Views)
0 Likes