Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
244 posts

Re: Silenced Shorty + Bow Combo vs Shorty + Bow Combo

Nov 16, 2013

I thought that the bubbles only appeared if a user was holding a bomb, smoke bomb or molotov.

As per an earlier post by ACP, I have been using the shorty a bit, and I can see the benefits.  Overall, I would say that the loadout with the shorty or with the revolver (same loadout... just switched the weapon) is equally beneficial, but for different reasons:

1) the revolver has a better range (which makes it optimal if I run out of arrows), but the shorty is easier to hit/down with.

2) My loadout either changes from having more destructive power (shorty) or more team support (revolver/reviver 1).

Though I have not used the shorty extensively, I will conclude it is more useful than originally thought, but I have to get more used to it before I can determine whether or not I prefer it to the revolver.

The infected as seen in TLOU Multiplayer:

Runners- Noobs
Stalkers- Covert Training 3 users
Clickers- Constant reloaders
Bloaters- People getting blown up by bombs
Message 41 of 63 (150 Views)
I Only Post Everything
925 posts

Nov 16, 2013

Swordsman20 wrote:

I thought that the bubbles only appeared if a user was holding a bomb, smoke bomb or molotov.

As per an earlier post by ACP, I have been using the shorty a bit, and I can see the benefits.  Overall, I would say that the loadout with the shorty or with the revolver (same loadout... just switched the weapon) is equally beneficial, but for different reasons:

1) the revolver has a better range (which makes it optimal if I run out of arrows), but the shorty is easier to hit/down with.

2) My loadout either changes from having more destructive power (shorty) or more team support (revolver/reviver 1).

Though I have not used the shorty extensively, I will conclude it is more useful than originally thought, but I have to get more used to it before I can determine whether or not I prefer it to the revolver.

Could be true, id like someone to do a study on this and tell us who is and isnt effected by the bubble from hell.

Message 42 of 63 (148 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1063 posts

Nov 16, 2013

Swordsman Im glad you find the shorty useful. You will be surprised at how far the shortys range is too. The shorty compliments the bow nicely. You know those moments when you get a arrow into a enemy and they get away? just follow them and finish off with the shorty. You dont need to chase them far, just get them in shorty range then shoot and job done.

ATTENTION :- On Gamefaqs forums you get modded when you have done something wrong but on Naughty Dog forums you and your thread sometimes gets modded when someone else does something wrong in your thread. How is it right to mod person A for person B's words? Because of Rizzlard7 starting trouble in the Do you Teabag Gesture thread he caused the author of that thread to get modded. I then got modded for starting a teabag thread because of Rizzlard7 previous comments my thread got deleted and I got modded even though no one had started anything in my thread. Being modded for what others say is wrong and mods shouldn't get away with it. lovely1rainbow has wrongly modded me twice for other peoples words.
Message 43 of 63 (141 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
244 posts

Nov 17, 2013

Thanks, ACP... I'll keep that in mind.

Runners- Noobs
Message 44 of 63 (129 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 17, 2013

A-Crap-PIayer wrote:

Swordsman Im glad you find the shorty useful. You will be surprised at how far the shortys range is too. The shorty compliments the bow nicely. You know those moments when you get a arrow into a enemy and they get away? just follow them and finish off with the shorty. You dont need to chase them far, just get them in shorty range then shoot and job done.

Ah! Great advice. I'm gonna try that the next time I decided to use Bow, I've been trying to use Shorty for the past days like when I sneaked up on enemies with a silenced Shorty, shooting an enemy that was fist punching my teammate, popped out of covers twice to land 2 shots on an enemy. I executed a downed enemy with Shorty at Lakeside the other day, it wasn't close or mid range. Although it will be tough trying to do that on an full health living target at that range. I will try your tactic the next time. Thanks! :heart:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join or Support us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheLastOfUsVideos

Visit my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - www.twitter.com/mrsjimmymare

Message 45 of 63 (117 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1063 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 17, 2013

^ You are welcome mrsjimmy. Yeah keep practicing with the shorty and if its not your weapon then you can always ditch it later but its always a good idea to give a weapon a chance like you are doing. If you are not getting the second shorty shot off quickly then being behind cover protects you or shoot one shot then punch twice. After giving the shorty a good try please feel free to post your thoughts about it in here. I noticed mrsjimmy that you are using silenced shorty so have you used unsilenced shorty and noticed the difference? Also upgrading the shorty allows you to hit both shots with ease if you prefer using both shorty shots over the other tactics.

ATTENTION :- On Gamefaqs forums you get modded when you have done something wrong but on Naughty Dog forums you and your thread sometimes gets modded when someone else does something wrong in your thread. How is it right to mod person A for person B's words? Because of Rizzlard7 starting trouble in the Do you Teabag Gesture thread he caused the author of that thread to get modded. I then got modded for starting a teabag thread because of Rizzlard7 previous comments my thread got deleted and I got modded even though no one had started anything in my thread. Being modded for what others say is wrong and mods shouldn't get away with it. lovely1rainbow has wrongly modded me twice for other peoples words.
Message 46 of 63 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
244 posts

Nov 17, 2013

A-Crap-PIayer wrote:

^ You are welcome mrsjimmy. Yeah keep practicing with the shorty and if its not your weapon then you can always ditch it later but its always a good idea to give a weapon a chance like you are doing. If you are not getting the second shorty shot off quickly then being behind cover protects you or shoot one shot then punch twice. After giving the shorty a good try please feel free to post your thoughts about it in here. I noticed mrsjimmy that you are using silenced shorty so have you used unsilenced shorty and noticed the difference? Also upgrading the shorty allows you to hit both shots with ease if you prefer using both shorty shots over the other tactics.

It seems that ACP is the shorty aficionado in this forum :smileywink:

Runners- Noobs
Message 47 of 63 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Nov 17, 2013

So ACP, I actually tried a couple variations of these loadouts.  I have been often trying to find a good use for the shorty beyond it being an execution weapon.  I also have much interest in melee builds so I also considered its placement in these loadouts as well.  
But sticking to just shorty and bow loadouts, I paired it initially unsilenced with a bow and with covert 3 and with sharp ears 2 which left me one free point for whatever.  I thought since id be sneaking most of the time that it would help me most when i only manage to land one arrow on someone.  so that i could quickly fire off a shorty round and get em before they lose me.  but I didnt like this pairing very much... I was not liking having to break covert for my shorty shot for instance.  I have considered pairing the bow with covert 3 and sharpshooter 3 so that i could have fun with the 9mm and the bow but then id also be showing up the radar every time i needed to pull out that 9mm.  I think i would still prefer a loadout like this to just pairing a covert 2/3 bow with an unsilenced shorty.

Tried it silenced with the bow with sharpshooter 3 and brawler 1 tho this booster is not necessary.  I think that this is a much smarter way to use both of these weapons.  silenced shorty can be used similarly to a shiv.  same could be said for the bow, sure.  but when you have covert you usually have at least one shiv to use.  so now without covert you need to spend resources on shivs.  not so with two silenced weapons.  forget about shivs and you can now prioritize bombs if you wish. also I see much greater use in silencing both weapons over going covert though i still think some things become pissible with covert that wouldnt be possible without it.  but you can totally play well and sneaky even without covert but i think you would definitely want your shorty silenced along with your primary to keep from exposing yourself on the radar unnecessarily.  can still make pretty awesome use of the sit still and wait for approaching enemies method this way.  

So thank you ACP for helping me come up with a nice stealthy loadout that doesnt require covert and actually pairs this beastly bow with one of the best boosters.  and the one that would ideally allow you to win most face to face gun fights.

also, shorty's range is awesome.  much further than youd think.

Message 48 of 63 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5983 posts

Nov 17, 2013

Here's also another really good tip with the shorty. Since it is one of 3 loadout weapons that knock off armour like it's porcelain, it works so great with shiv kills, both in and out of smoke. Unlike the rifle and bow where you can hardly aim up close or have to wait for the pullback; as well as being much easier to aim up close of the 3, it works wonders with both knocking a guys armour off and cleanly killing him.

Plenty of times am I able to smoke someone, run up to them, quickshot their chest with a shorty, and then shiv kill them. Essentially breaking their armour and executing them. I've done this many times while behind a guy as well, as the shorty shot + shiv is still pretty quick to react to in time. Good tactic to use against guys who love pasting armour on them over and over.

photo Sniper.png
Message 49 of 63 (91 Views)
Naughty Host
9012 posts

Nov 17, 2013
^That's actually a really smart idea. Will start doing that. Thanks.

I also love taking people's helmets off with the shorty special executions.

AKsWiseWords.png

Message 50 of 63 (88 Views)
0 Likes