Keyblade Wielder
6975 posts

Re: Silenced Shorty + Bow Combo vs Shorty + Bow Combo

Nov 17, 2013

I actually like more that their head gushes out on the pavement into pieces, but yea helmet coming off to is cool.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 51 of 63 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11451 posts

Nov 17, 2013
^Well, I didn't want yo exclude people by saying that Smiley Tongue

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 52 of 63 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6975 posts

Nov 17, 2013

Ahh oh yea...

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 53 of 63 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1872 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 18, 2013

You are welcome legend. I enjoyed reading your post and that my advice helped you get a productive stealth load out that suits you. I think people have to go with what best suits them so if people like Covert then cool but I encourage Covert users to try my ideas without using Covert, just to make sure Coverts what they really want. Im glad you tried the shorty silenced and its great that you get on with it. Thankyou for posting your shorty thoughts Smiley Happy @ Sand dude :- Nice tip thanks Ill give it a try. Any shorty tips are welcome peeps.

Message 54 of 63 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Nov 18, 2013

yeah i think a silenced shorty and bow or other silenced primary would be the best time to try out not having covert.  just silenced weapons in general but the more devastatingly power they are (like the bow, shorty, or sar) makes it wise for a play style that even lightly employs "lying in wait."  I can greatly see the use in event fa 1 over brawler 1 so i might actually give that a go soon.  I dont find that brawler really aids a bow loadout very much... especially one with a shorty on it.  might save me every so often but...

also i really like the idea of using it just to destroy armor especially before a guaranteed kill that you know wont destroy their armor.  like a shiv or any melee/melee weapon strike.  actually just came up with a nice machete loadout too that has an unsilenced shorty on it that i think will allow me to get much use out of this tactic.  wrote about it in the machete/2x4 thread.  

Message 55 of 63 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1872 posts

Nov 18, 2013

Yeah legend for me First Aid Training 1 fits better than Brawler 1 with that set up because if you get one shorty bullet in or one arrow in then two punches will finish the job anyway without Brawler 1. First Aid Training 1 has saved me countless times from dying. Just a couple of games a go someone started shooting me as I went around the corner. He caught up with me just as I healed myself with First Aid Training 1 and I shot him with shorty. We circled around a table then I shot my second shorty shot and he was down. That win was only possible through the speed of healing from First Aid Training 1. I use First Aid Training 1 against bomb throwers too. You know when you get damage from the first bomb then the second bomb thrown usally downs you? well Ive already healed myself by the time the second bomb hits so I just heal again and Im good to go but thats usally not possible without First Aid Training 1 as Im too slow at healing without it.

Message 56 of 63 (266 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
927 posts

Nov 18, 2013

livinglegend88 wrote:

yeah i think a silenced shorty and bow or other silenced primary would be the best time to try out not having covert.  just silenced weapons in general but the more devastatingly power they are (like the bow, shorty, or sar) makes it wise for a play style that even lightly employs "lying in wait."  I can greatly see the use in event fa 1 over brawler 1 so i might actually give that a go soon.  I dont find that brawler really aids a bow loadout very much... especially one with a shorty on it.  might save me every so often but...

also i really like the idea of using it just to destroy armor especially before a guaranteed kill that you know wont destroy their armor.  like a shiv or any melee/melee weapon strike.  actually just came up with a nice machete loadout too that has an unsilenced shorty on it that i think will allow me to get much use out of this tactic.  wrote about it in the machete/2x4 thread.  

Covert is much more important than silencers for stealth. Once i attack its deadly because covert helps me get the jump.

Message 57 of 63 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Nov 18, 2013

I meant that silencers are more important on non-covert loadouts than covert loadouts.  I do still frequently wield silenced and unsilenced weapons with covert.  but on non covert loadouts I never used silenced weapons.  not even the bow.

Message 58 of 63 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Nov 18, 2013

yeah, believe me, i know what a life saver the fast heal can be.  I just only usually get to use it when using fa 2 or fa3... but here I think those 2 points would be best spent on fa 1 rather than brawler 1 for the reasons you mentioned.  also better than flamethrower for the same reason.

Message 59 of 63 (244 Views)
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Nov 25, 2013

hate to blow up this thread again but I have a question for ACP and rather than just pming him I would share it instead.  I am curious as to which weapon upgrades you prioritize,  do you often use your one time boosters? do you prioritize bow upgrade and shorty 1 upgrades? or do you take one weapon to its fullest potential first?

while i think that upgrading the bow first or using the large weapon purchaseable would take priority over upgrading or using the small weapon purchaseable on the shorty.  but yeah, im curious as to your upgrade pattern and how often you even actually find yourself fully upgrading one or both of the weapons if youre not using one time purchaseables

Message 60 of 63 (131 Views)
0 Likes