Message 91 of 173 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Re: Sniper's Thread

Jul 29, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:
I don't like being marked. And I like shivs Smiley Tongue

i only use covert training on my bow class.

The Kingdom of Longbow shall reign forever, for it is written in the stars above~
Message 92 of 173 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
337 posts

Jul 29, 2013
I was on the covert 3 plus sharpshooter 3 trip for a while but i put the silencer.back on n went hawleye 2 plus covert 3. Shorties r my fav Smiley Happy
Message 93 of 173 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Jul 29, 2013

MrBadNews- wrote:
I was on the covert 3 plus sharpshooter 3 trip for a while but i put the silencer.back on n went hawleye 2 plus covert 3. Shorties r my fav Smiley Happy

shorty is the best handgun hands down.

The Kingdom of Longbow shall reign forever, for it is written in the stars above~
Message 94 of 173 (294 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jul 29, 2013

I've found rifle without suppressor, shotgun sidearm, sharp shooter 3, crafter 3 has worked well for me.

Message 95 of 173 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Jul 29, 2013

I don't respect the shorty. I prefer it as a "nooby" weapon. It's only effective when close-ranged, so nope :I.

Message 96 of 173 (273 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jul 29, 2013

Well I have the rifle to deal with anyone not in close range. If they manage to get close to me, they're usually already injured and the shotgun quickly tears them up.

Message 97 of 173 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

Jul 29, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

TheFunnyMan-- wrote:

What is "SA"?

And you must be playing against some **bleep** that dont pay attention/use listen mode then. I def notice a diff of enemy awareness when I attempt to flank when using a class with CT2 and one without.

edit: wow, really? no0b is an 'bad' word here? Good gosh, people need to grow a pair

SA, is situational awareness, a deemed "cheap" booster used in UC2 (another game made by ND) that allowed people to see others through walls. Which is what listen mode allows you to do, and well I can't say I've play against people who do/don't use listen mode since there's no way to tell...but I can be pretty stealthy(love shiv kills) without covert training or listen mode easily.

In my eyes, it's just a needless crutch put in there for the sake of being there since it's in SP.

I feel that most snipers are really good in this game.  Not only because they're hard to use, but to use it effectively, you often have to be miles away form your team, which can get you killed.  There's also no real quick scoping, so that helps it be less cheap as well.  Though 50 cal. headshots being a one shot still feel cheap to me.  The sharpshooter perk is also really effective with any gun, but skilled snipers will see hthe biggest benefits of it's power.

I think the silenced perk is becoming more like SA was in UC2 than strategist is.  Mostly because everyone has a radar, but not everyone can't be detected on it.  I feel like it'd be more balanced if tactitician's range was extended.  That way, you could still sneak, but you'd also have to flank at range more often than not.  As is, it's useless unless you're literally on top of the guy, belive me, I've tried.  I was also a huge advocate of evasion back when everyone used SA.

Message 98 of 173 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Jul 29, 2013

OldManRaven wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

TheFunnyMan-- wrote:

What is "SA"?

And you must be playing against some **bleep** that dont pay attention/use listen mode then. I def notice a diff of enemy awareness when I attempt to flank when using a class with CT2 and one without.

edit: wow, really? no0b is an 'bad' word here? Good gosh, people need to grow a pair

SA, is situational awareness, a deemed "cheap" booster used in UC2 (another game made by ND) that allowed people to see others through walls. Which is what listen mode allows you to do, and well I can't say I've play against people who do/don't use listen mode since there's no way to tell...but I can be pretty stealthy(love shiv kills) without covert training or listen mode easily.

In my eyes, it's just a needless crutch put in there for the sake of being there since it's in SP.

I feel that most snipers are really good in this game.  Not only because they're hard to use, but to use it effectively, you often have to be miles away form your team, which can get you killed.  There's also no real quick scoping, so that helps it be less cheap as well.  Though 50 cal. headshots being a one shot still feel cheap to me.  The sharpshooter perk is also really effective with any gun, but skilled snipers will see hthe biggest benefits of it's power.

I think the silenced perk is becoming more like SA was in UC2 than strategist is.  Mostly because everyone has a radar, but not everyone can't be detected on it.  I feel like it'd be more balanced if tactitician's range was extended.  That way, you could still sneak, but you'd also have to flank at range more often than not.  As is, it's useless unless you're literally on top of the guy, belive me, I've tried.  I was also a huge advocate of evasion back when everyone used SA.

The miltary sniper to the head should be a one shot kill cmon, it it was just a down it would be pointless. And thats not a 50 cal its like an m21

Message 99 of 173 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
337 posts

Jul 30, 2013
Who here does well without using sharpshooter?
Message 100 of 173 (233 Views)
0 Likes